The mysterious Lich

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The mysterious Lich

Post by daveyeisley on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:08 pm

The page of the diary remains unchanged for several days. It does not seem that there is any magic at work in that fashion.

Jay observes the daily business of the elven merchant. Jay's skills at stealth are certainly up to the task of baffling even the refined senses of elves, but it is not easy. Shortly after sneaking back into the town after his "departure" Jay notices an elegant, and noticeably aged Elven woman speaking to the merchant in hushed tones. The merchant seems emphatic, issuing what seems to be a warning.... and the old woman evinces some sincere concern in the form of sadness and watering eyes. After a few tense moments the merchant lays a reassuirng hand on her shoulder. They embrace for a moment, and she departs.... heading in the direction of the home that the merchant glanced towards earlier.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6913
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:35 pm

*bump*

Any new activities for this?
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:01 pm

Still deciding if it is within Jay's moral compass to break into the house... the verdict so far is do it...

Bit stuck with what Shouri's next move is too...
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2268
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. :
Registration date : 2008-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:19 pm

The next time you enter the Sleeping Dragon, Old Nethos Demarka approaches you.

He holds a small envelop with your name inscribed in faintly glowing magical script.

"From that old fool Bane, he left it for you... something about visitors from the past... *hic*... mind grabbing me some more fishead's when you get time?"

Inside the envelope is the following message:

I have heard of the Lich who attacked the vale. I have spent some time in magical and mundane research....

It seems the Elves of the Crystalsong Forest have some skeletons in their closet. Almost literally.

A wayward Elven son, on the verge of imprisonment as punishment for
magical crimes of a necromantic nature..... he disappeared on the eve
of his 182nd birthday.... leaving behind a mother who grieves to this
day for her lost son.... only to later resurface in the service of Demilches
in the silverleaf forest.... to once again mysteriously disappear...

Investigation into this elven family yielded significant revelations.

The Family line can be traced down through the years, several generations
to the elven mother of none other than the Vale's own Valorian
Blackwood.

Still.... I fail to see how they might be connected otherwise....
perhaps some investigation into Valorian's past is in order...

Last edited by daveyeisley on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:36 am; edited 3 times in total
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind on Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 pm

After reading the note Sir Ravensclaw heads to confer with Valorian's spirit once more, it seems the old Paladin has more information then his spirit has revealed.
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:45 am

While you commune with the spirit world, and some spirits to make themselves known, it seems that Valorian's spirit in particular has nothing more to offer you directly.

Perhaps there are other avenues to investigate his past...
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:08 am

Hearing the findings of Sir Ray, Jay and Shouri wish to try a little experiment.. the results of which could likely be fatal but will likely end with them coming full circle "back to Aenea".....

Jay: "... so Alastair, you've covered every inch of known Aenea in service to Gort, you're absolutely positive this portal address leads to no-where?"

Shouri: ".. Well no-where but limbo?"

Alastair solemly nods his head, indicting that the address will indeed send them both straight to limbo ...

((//ooc: confirmation of Alastair Synge's actions required by MannyJabrielle- ps sorry to name drop ye into this, but I can think of no one better traveled then Al, except maybe Crideas))

Ensuring they have everything they need and want (and knowing that they have possibly forgotten every they will need and want), Jay and Shouri step through the Wanderer's Portal on a hopefull round circle trip. The planned destination being a brief stay in Limbo, followed by some planeswalking across the Astral Conjuncion, with the intended realm of destination being that of the dead...

They embark on this Journey in the hopes of finding the ghost's of Valorians parents, to find out as much information as possible about the hero of the vale, and what he was truely like, " A Slayer of Dragons" he is hailed as, but what dragons did he kill and why... ...

Jay's just hoping that the ghost's will still fear his twin wraithblades on the other side of the veil, if not protection will be all down to Shouri's quick thinking magic's... ....

Last edited by RustyDios on Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling!!!)
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:17 pm

OOC: just curious how going to limbo then the astral conjunction would land one in the realm of the dead?

The great hall being sort of the "entry parlor" i believe the only way toget in there would be to actually die... unless one perhaps had the backing of Lady Zolaras for such a journey....

Im not meaning to be a "killjoy" here, but my initial analysis of this tact would result in a "no effect" response, and i know that might seem frustrating, so i figured I would ask OOC if maybe i was missing some part of the logic? If I am, i apologize...
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:52 am

After Alastair confirms that the portal address the Braysin's ask him about goes no-where, he heads to his old home in Tradeholm, where he begins searching his history tomes, old journals, and even the old journals of the other Children of Sharlo, Zolaras grant rest to their souls, searching for any further info on the Dragon's name and the name Jaelthir, giving particular attention to any underground cults or groups the Children of Sharlo may have come across in their exploits ages ago. While not as meticulously cataloged and indexed as the great libraries of Kalas and such, one can always trust a bard to have a knack for histories that don't make it into the history books

(ooc: Alastair's lore skill is up around the high 80's low 90's, he should be able to dig up some further info, if even just a hint on to where to look for any solid clues or to find a more solid avenue of questions to follow up on)

Before he leaves to his studies, Alastair mentions to Jay, "If you're looking into the Great Hall, I can tell you many sure-fire ways to get in, all of them more painful than Orcish Opera. Perhaps you should talk to a certain Elven lass you've been seen chasing after."

Alastair enters Synge Manor, humming a few bars from the Dead Man's March as he begins his initial searches on the dragon first.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:03 am

No there was no real logic in my response, and reading it back through, it's seems a pointless route to take to get there.. the idea was that they would be "walking to the great hall - the long way" and more importantly staying alive to do so.. ... ... but the idea of tracking down the ghosts of Valorians parents/ anyone else from that timeframe (even the orc's ghost (that his father slayed)) is kinda what I intended, I was hoping to dig up some "real -life" observations of what type of man Valorion was, and NOT what the history books say/ common known legend has to offer ... ... I'm wondering if basically if he slayed a dragon by the name of Akshariandrixxus and fell from his obviously high graced position to something else and started helping a certain other outcast elf called Jaelthir... ...

Perhaps I do need to seek the counsel of a certain Lady of Death, unfortunately the last I heard about her she was taking a boat trip into the lake of mists from Watertown.... there have been no other sightings since.... ..... ....
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:23 pm

Alastairs research does manage to yield some significant clues:

1. Multiple sources confirm that Valorian did battle with and defeated an ancient Red Dragon on the outskirts of the Crystalsong forest. Most report the dragon was killed. One tome reports that it escaped.

2. Valorian was not alone when he did such battle. He has at least 3 companions fighting beside him.

3. Jaelthir is a very uncommon name for an elf.... it is questionable if the name is even elven in origin. It is used today as a form of insult or to show disdain by referring to someone as a Jaelthir, an oathbreaker.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Curiosity piqued by the minority report, Alastair begins researching the background of the tome reporting the escape, looking for insight into it's author or authors, and why the text differs from all others.

Before committing to the further reading, Alastair sends letters by a trusted messenger to the Braysins, and the Nightclan

"Valorian didn't face the ancient red dragon in Crystalsong alone. See what you can dig up.

~Alastair"

A second messenger is also dispatched, charged with finding Talon Oakenshield, to ask about what actions would gain someone the dubious moniker of 'oathbreaker' in Elvish culture.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind on Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:31 pm

After getting Alastair's message, Rayvensclaw asks Ophelia and NightRain, the clans clerics of Zolaras, to see if communing with the Goddess can reveal anymore information. Maybe combined they will be able to shed some light on this subject.
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:54 am

Jay's starting to think there is a deep dark secret help in the Blackwood family... Valorian may have once been a noble and just paladin, defender of Nektaria, but it seems he fell in with the wrong group nearing the end of his life... ... He likely met and was persuaded to slay "Arkshiandrixus the furious", by a certain other elf.. now only known as "Jaelthir / The oathbreaker".... ... it's likely this Jaelthir used the strength of Valorian to slay the dragon, only so he himself could raise it as a draco-lich for servitude... ... ... The lich that Sir Ray defeated in the north was possibly this Jaelthir, or one of his minions... ...

... But Master Crideas and Old Alastair have discovered that Valorian had 3 cohorts in battle.... I think one was Jaelthir, the other was possibly the old elven woman in that town (she certinly knows more of this at the least), the third still remains a complete mystery, though was likely to be Valarions Pally friend - the original owner of the Luminaria... ... ....
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:Curiosity piqued by the minority report, Alastair begins researching the background of the tome reporting the escape, looking for insight into it's author or authors, and why the text differs from all others.

Before committing to the further reading, Alastair sends letters by a trusted messenger to the Braysins, and the Nightclan

"Valorian didn't face the ancient red dragon in Crystalsong alone. See what you can dig up.

~Alastair"

A second messenger is also dispatched, charged with finding Talon Oakenshield, to ask about what actions would gain someone the dubious moniker of 'oathbreaker' in Elvish culture.

The tome that differs is credited to the initials A.W.

It appears from the accounts of the event, that it is very likely the author was a firsthand witness.

References are made to Valorian, the half-elf paladin, as well as a dwarven Cleric in service to Ralth, and a human, possibly a monk, who is noted for favoring golden silks.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:08 am

RayvenNightkind wrote:After getting Alastair's message, Rayvensclaw asks Ophelia and NightRain, the clans clerics of Zolaras, to see if communing with the Goddess can reveal anymore information. Maybe combined they will be able to shed some light on this subject.

Ophelia and Nightrain together are able to initiate a cummunion circle with the help of the rest of the Night clan.

Several hours of prayer, incense, and mediation is required for the ritual.

Locked in a trancelike state during this time, as the room fills with otherworldly smoke and energies, the Clan of Night is visited by none other than the Avatar of Zolaras. It would seem the Lady of Death indeed favors her chosen, to grant such a meeting.

The Avatar spesks, the voice mild and gentle like the caress of a lover just before sleep:

"I know what you seek. Knowledge held in the memories of those passed. Know this: There are those who hold such knowledge that yet live as well. Your need is not so dire as to require passage to my realm. Seek out the living companions of the Dragonslayer. Their task has not been completed."
and with that.... the avatar fades.

Last edited by daveyeisley on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:48 pm

Rayvensclaw quickly sends runners to Alastair, the Braysin's and the Oakenshields informing them of the findings, asking them to meet with him in the Vale to discuss our next course of action. On his way to Vale Rayvensclaw makes a quick side journy to speak to the old elven woman who seems to know more then she lets on, his intent to plead his case to offer to assist in the redemption of those who may have fallen, as he was once redeemed, even if it means Valorian himself.
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:59 pm

OT: Though not involved, I'm really enjoying reading this thread and its updates. I'm glad this is being posted.
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1175
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 pm

Svair wrote:OT: Though not involved, I'm really enjoying reading this thread and its updates. I'm glad this is being posted.

OOC:
Plots mean nothing without players to pursue them, I just want to thank the players for being good sports about me making them jump through hoops Smile
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Alastair, upon receiving Rayvensclaw's message, writes a quick note on a parchment, and uses his walking stick to teleport away.

Before appearing in Valorian's Vale however, Alastair appears in front of Crideas' sanctuary, nails the note he wrote earlier to the door and finishes his teleportation journey to the Vale.

The note left on Crideas' door reads:

"Crubus, what do the initials A.W. mean to you?"

Upon appearing in Valorian's Vale, Alastair wanders into the Sleeping Dragon Inn while waiting for the others to arrive. He buys a round for the house, and chats up the various patrons about what they might know about the Monestary of the Golden Feather in Valleynisia.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Fri May 01, 2009 5:13 am

Jay arrives in the sleeping dragon and takes a seat at Al's table... he places two items on the table... an old scrap of parchment mentioning a paladin, and a scabbard filled with the broken blade of a sword.. the scabbard has an engraving down it's length: "The fires inside burn on command, the phoenix blade Ember sleeps until at hand"...

The broken pieces of the blade have an odd fiery glow to them...

The page seems to be written in an old elven script, and mentions the "breaking of the blade", "scattering of the parts" and that the original elven paladin owner hopes that one day the blade can be reforged by someone pure when it is needed again....

These items were found within the deep crypts of Vale, near where Valorians ghost keeps vigil.... and Jay believes them to be part of this mystery... ...

----
Shouri for some reason in no-where to be found, her last message was that she was heading into silverfist territory to ask the Juvenille Amethyst Dragon, "Quartz... ((can't remember the rest of his name))", if he was alive during the time of Arkshiandrixus the furious, and what lore he knows of the era... no word has been heard since she departed...
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun May 03, 2009 10:38 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:Alastair, upon receiving Rayvensclaw's message, writes a quick note on a parchment, and uses his walking stick to teleport away.

Before appearing in Valorian's Vale however, Alastair appears in front of Crideas' sanctuary, nails the note he wrote earlier to the door and finishes his teleportation journey to the Vale.

Upon appearing in Valorian's Vale, Alastair wanders into the Sleeping Dragon Inn while waiting for the others to arrive. He buys a round for the house, and chats up the various patrons about what they might know about the Monestary of the Golden Feather in Valleynisia.

Hours later, a chubby looking pseudodragon flies to meet Alastair...

"Master says he knew it was you cuz you're the only one who deliberately butchers his name just for fun. He says there are only two names that come to mind.... Arkon the Wolf or Angelina Winteranius. He says if its about what he thinks it is, the frigid lady makes more sense."
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon May 04, 2009 11:29 am

RayvenNightkind wrote:Rayvensclaw quickly sends runners to Alastair, the Braysin's and the Oakenshields informing them of the findings, asking them to meet with him in the Vale to discuss our next course of action. On his way to Vale Rayvensclaw makes a quick side journy to speak to the old elven woman who seems to know more then she lets on, his intent to plead his case to offer to assist in the redemption of those who may have fallen, as he was once redeemed, even if it means Valorian himself.

On your way into the Sylvan realm to approach the elven woman, you enter the city and approach the dwelling.

The door is closed.

It is obvious there are many elven eyes observing your actions. How do you proceed?
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon May 04, 2009 11:33 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:Alastair, upon receiving Rayvensclaw's message, writes a quick note on a parchment, and uses his walking stick to teleport away.

The inn's patrons speak of how strange it is for people to fight without weapons and armor. They know little of the Monastery's background or history, save for that its founder was apparently a human who may have travelled with Valorian and participated in his battles, and was known for his wardrobe.

It would seem the man himself was a private sort who preferred to stay out of the public eye.

Last edited by daveyeisley on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon May 04, 2009 11:38 am

RustyDios wrote:Jay arrives in the sleeping dragon and takes a seat at Al's table... he places two items on the table... an old scrap of parchment mentioning a paladin, and a scabbard filled with the broken blade of a sword.. the scabbard has an engraving down it's length: "The fires inside burn on command, the phoenix blade Ember sleeps until at hand"...

The broken pieces of the blade have an odd fiery glow to them...

The page seems to be written in an old elven script, and mentions the "breaking of the blade", "scattering of the parts" and that the original elven paladin owner hopes that one day the blade can be reforged by someone pure when it is needed again....

These items were found within the deep crypts of Vale, near where Valorians ghost keeps vigil.... and Jay believes them to be part of this mystery... ...

----
Shouri for some reason in no-where to be found, her last message was that she was heading into silverfist territory to ask the Juvenille Amethyst Dragon, "Quartz... ((can't remember the rest of his name))", if he was alive during the time of Arkshiandrixus the furious, and what lore he knows of the era... no word has been heard since she departed...

Jay's talk with the "young" Amethyst Dragon yields a particular note of interest:

The Dragon knows little of other dragons besides what the dwarves have shared.... however, the blessed smith of Ralth, who resides in the halls, had told the tale of his battle with an old Red many years ago. This tale the young Amethyst remembers well. The Blessed Smith had forged and enchanted a mighty blade for the hero, a half-elven Paladin, who sought to rid the surrounding lands of such an evil. With the aid of Ralth, a female mage known for her talents with Ice magic, and an amazingly talented martial artist, they were able to drive the beast off. It was never seen in those lands again, and may well have died from its wounds.

Last edited by daveyeisley on Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:47 am; edited 1 time in total
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon May 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Alastair thanks Scorch the familiar and offers him his choice of various delicious snacks from a small belt pouch. After Bane's familiar heads away, Alastair raps his fingertips on the table while in thought.

Leaning forward and appraising the broken pieces of sword on the table with the same intensity and expression he uses for appraising gemstones, Alastair mutters to himself. Finally he says to Jay "Why don't you go Ebonhall, see what you can sniff out? I'll head back home to Tradeholm and pay Miss Angelina a social call of sorts."

Alastair points a bobbing finger at the sword pieces and muses "Rayvensclaw and I touched on the mystery of that sword before. He got further in his search than I did, so perhaps it'd be best for him to take up further search with it and head with you toward Valleynisia. Silverfist territory's just a hop of the walkingstick away from Ebonhall."
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu May 07, 2009 9:19 pm

*bumpage*
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind on Thu May 07, 2009 9:28 pm

Trying to decide how Ray is going to proceed
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom on Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:17 pm

//Ahem - has this been resolved yet? If not, I'd like to get in on this too. It looks like fun for my undead stalking cleric of Zolaras...
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:15 am

OOC: This plot has not been resolved, no.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grundail on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:04 am

While roaming the deserts around Calithia i found alot of undead on a rampage. I followed the source to a Crystal that i destroyed and have not seen since, might this be of any importance?
grundail
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 162
Main Character : Drugo Woscha
Other Character : Skitco Phrenic
Other Character.. : any of the clan Woscha
NWN Username : grundail
Time Zone : GMT - 7:00 california
. :
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/grundail01

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:47 am

grundail wrote:While roaming the deserts around Calithia i found alot of undead on a rampage. I followed the source to a Crystal that i destroyed and have not seen since, might this be of any importance?

OOC: That crystal was not related to this plot.... it was an impromptu Zombie attack I had set up and dropped hints about.... some necromancers discovered the crystal that could create large groups of powerful undead. Unfortunately they werent powerful enough to gain total control over the undead, so some wandered off and attacked towns... and drew the attention to the area. It was just a matter of time before some adventurers laid the smack down Smile
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grundail on Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:43 am

*Ponders what role if any that the High Murder of Sorgath had in this*
While searching through ancient texts i have found mention of a Paladin King Robert Cale of Shentil.
< Drugo heads to Shentil to find more information>
grundail
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

. :

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:52 am

grundail wrote:*Ponders what role if any that the High Murder of Sorgath had in this*
While searching through ancient texts i have found mention of a Paladin King Robert Cale of Shentil.
< Drugo heads to Shentil to find more information>

Can you refresh my memory on where Robert Cale is mentioned in-game? I am not rembering, and it does sound a bit familliar.
If I can tie it into the plot, it would help to know where the name is referenced.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grundail on Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

ooc: i think on the walls under the graveyard, but not sure i'll have to go look now.
ETA: yes he's first mentioned in the 2nd book
grundail
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

. :

Back to top Go down

Post by eeriegeek on Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Amaerillie is of course eternally interested in historical knowledge. With a bit of exploring and perusing of ancient texts she has discovered only a few fragments regarding a Robert Cale. He was in fact apparently King Robert Cale of Shentil and a paladin of some regard. He fell to the corrupting influence of a High Murderer of Sorgath, Anadon Vakanor. He was then manipulated to assist in the corruption and fall of the Silver Dragon Vorshlag when Vorshlag was 733 years of age - becoming Vorshlag the Tarnished. He further assisted in driving Vorshlag to betraying his own Mother Wyrm (though apparently not to her death, but very nearly his own) as well as advising Vorshlag's perversion to Lich form. The date of these events is not clear, though obviously Vorshlag the Tarnished is still animate in his present form and loctation and still associated with the followers of Sorgath for purposes unknown. It is likely though not certain that Vorshlag came to his current home before the creation of the world portal in the Sleeping Dragon Inn in 5425 and Cale has vanished from the known histories.
eeriegeek
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 244
Main Character : Amaerillie
Other Character : K'az T'anii
Other Character. : Xephod
Other Character.. : Eg'bo
NWN Username : eeriegeek
Time Zone : GMT-4
Registration date : 2009-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:51 am

Drugo's investigations into the history of Shentil reveal a near
impossibly great legend in Robert Cale. Prior to his fall, he was the
greatest leader of the region. Under his rule, there was peace and
prosperity, evil was quickly laid low, industry and trade thrived... and
knowledge and history were well tended.

After his fall, his mind apparently deteriorated quickly. As madness set in, he managed to
gather a small cult about him and attempted to do the work of the Lord
of Lies.... but in the end, which came swiftly, Cale's years of proper
Stewardship of the region proved his undoing.

So stable and well prepared were the region's defenses and militia's that he and his small
cult were driven into hiding seemingly overnight. On the night of their
last flight, Cale's holy greatsword, Luminaria, was recovered... he
could no longer wield it in his darkness... and had left it behind.

The blade was turned over to the Elven sages of the Crystal Tower for
research of Cale's mysterious change of heart, and also for safekeeping.
As the posses of Shentil hunted day and night to stamp out Cale and his
followers for the sake of the region's peace.

Cale had laired in the city of Serpents, Tarnesha.... and it was from there
that he, his cult, their newfound drow allies, and a handful of Mind Flayers
struck out in revenge. The first targets were ambitious, and as such, caught
their defenders completely by surprise with their aggression and their much
underestimated numbers. The towns that formed the bulk of Shentil's
defenses, Tradeholm and Watertown.... the lynchpins of order in the
area. The site of the research into Cale's Fall.... the crystal Tower...
where the origin of it and hand behind it all might be revealed.

The trade routes between Shentil and the Shieldlands were cut, as the
aggressors pushed the defenders back to Shantaharnarama, and only the
brave warriors of the Azure Order held the line from collapse.... and
isolated Tradeholm and Watertown by land. Once the followers of Lies
were able to regroup, it was certain both towns would fall, one after
the other in short order.

The crystal tower, in a single night, was ravaged. Using their human cultists
to breach the magical Sylvan perimiter defenses, the drow, mind flayers,
and Cale were able to surround the tower and batter down its protective walls
with both magic and mundane siege tactics. As they rushed in, they brought
death to all the inhabitants... using psionics, poison, and stealth... .the tower
was devoid of life within the span of a few hours.... and the research into
Cale's fall was halted permanently.... as the holy blade was taken.

The breaching and slaughter of the Crystal Tower, as well as the offensive
against the Shentillian border guard, spurred the elves and the humans to
seek aid from the Silverfist dwarves. Two full dwarven battalions were
dispatched. Within a month, the defenses were stronger than ever... and
the aggressors had become the defenders.

Cale was trapped in the caverns beneath Tarnesha.... and slain. His drow
allies seemed to melt into the shadows... and the illithid retreated to their
own subterranean enclave. One Dwarven Captain was remembered as
having commented on the scene of Cale's death... :

Ain't never seen a thing like it on this earth.... no idear how he was even
standin' with 6 dwarven pikes and twice that many crossbow bolts in
him....

But he were standin'.... and fightin.... like a battlerager!
Me general called upon the blessing of the Lord of Dwarves...
and hit Cale with his hammer so hard ye could see Ralth's forge fires
burnin on the head o' that hammer.... and they kept burnin'... right
inter the madman's skull where me general whacked him.

He stopped, and started shakin fer a second or two... then he fell ter his
knees.... and he got this smile on his face.... all calm... and peaceful....
an I swear I saw him mouth the words 'Thank you...' but he dinnt have
no voice fer it...

An' just like that, he dropped facedown... and this glow comes up out
from his body... lookin like him, but with with wings and all... like some
sorta angel.... and its floatin over the body... and me and me boys're
just standin there all slack-jawed... and it spots his old greatsword.... they
say the durned thing were blessed, but I never believed it.... but what I
saw next made me start believin'...

The glowin angel floats over the sword, and reaches down ter touch it...
and there's this flash.... and we all hear it whispering a prayer.... but
still there aint no voice... like we only heard it in our heads... and we
heard 'Dalix forgive me'... and then poof! The glowin angel's gone...
Cale's still layin facedown with a cracked and smokin skull... and there's
the sword.... glowing all bright like the angel did.

All I could do was ter pull out me flask and start drinkin me mead...
right then an' there.... and I weren't the only one..."

The blade itself apprently disappeared following the battle... as a
large explosion and fire near the surface entrance distracted its
guardians long enough for someone to make off with it. Some say it was
found again by a noble soul in need.... and lost again, a cycle that
follows the blade thru centuries....

Rumors abound regarding the cause behind these events. Some involve elite
members of Sorgath's clergy manipulating Cale from the shadows.... some
involve the mind flayers' legendary brain hive controlling Cale's
mind... still others involve widespread conspiracies between orcs, drow,
mind flayers, vampires, dragons, and various other evil entities.

Only one thing is certain... these events renewed the foundation of
alliance between Elves, Humans, and Dwarves... and that spirit of
alliance would come to affect struggles down through generations... the
defeat of the Orc Hordes.... the Fall of Tesh.... even down to Valorian
and perhaps his companions.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:14 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:Alastair thanks Scorch the familiar and offers him his choice of various delicious snacks from a small belt pouch. After Bane's familiar heads away, Alastair raps his fingertips on the table while in thought.

Leaning forward and appraising the broken pieces of sword on the table with the same intensity and expression he uses for appraising gemstones, Alastair mutters to himself. Finally he says to Jay "Why don't you go Ebonhall, see what you can sniff out? I'll head back home to Tradeholm and pay Miss Angelina a social call of sorts."

Alastair points a bobbing finger at the sword pieces and muses "Rayvensclaw and I touched on the mystery of that sword before. He got further in his search than I did, so perhaps it'd be best for him to take up further search with it and head with you toward Valleynisia. Silverfist territory's just a hop of the walkingstick away from Ebonhall."

OOC: just need clarification of what actions are being taken here? A visit to Angelina, or Silverfist territrory?
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher on Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:05 am

OOC Is this still active Dave?

If so, Velvet will head up to Silverfist and see if anyone in the Guild has any information on events after the battle in the Underdark.
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 540
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
. :
Registration date : 2008-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:17 pm

A visit to the Silverfist yields confirmation of the tales regarding Robert Cale's fall, as well as the tale of the Blessed Smith being one of Valorian's companions.

The Blessed Smith seems less than eager to give more information than the tale of the battle, but when pressed about the location of the battle.... he finally whispers a single word.

"Teklaraine."
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:33 pm

Velvet sends shares her information with Crideas for dissemination to the rest of the Defenders, and let's him know she plans to visit Philonius the Charred in Calithia, and depending on what she learns from him, a trip to the ruins of Shivani's Training Academy to see if any of the books in the private quarters there will have any mention of Teklaraine.

Skywatcher has not heard of Teklaraine in her travels, so she journeys to the Vale of the Wanderer and asks the guide there if she has ever heard of Teklaraine.

Lyann heads to the library in the Temple of Kalas in Macedone to begin her search for any mention of Teklaraine.
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eeriegeek on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Amaerille as a minor servant of Gort, hears of Velvet's inquiries via the usual back channels. She is happy to give Velvet a copy her map of the trade routes from Nektaria to Tradeholm and note that Teklaraine is marked on the map. Additionally, as she has traveled there, she can tell Velvet that it is sad place, but there is an ancient and dusty library there. She has never found any tomes of great interest there, and nothing regarding Robert Cale. There have been reports of the rusted remains of a sword found in the crumbling ruins.
eeriegeek
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 244
Main Character : Amaerillie
Other Character : K'az T'anii
Other Character. : Xephod
Other Character.. : Eg'bo
NWN Username : eeriegeek
Time Zone : GMT-4
Registration date : 2009-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:10 pm

Velvet sends shares her information with Crideas for dissemination to the rest of the Defenders, and let's him know she plans to visit Philonius the Charred in Calithia, and depending on what she learns from him, a trip to the ruins of Shivani's Training Academy to see if any of the books in the private quarters there will have any mention of Teklaraine.

A note is delivered by Crideas' familliar, Scorch, with directions to Teklaraine. North of Bladewall village.

Skywatcher has not heard of Teklaraine in her travels, so she journeys to the Vale of the Wanderer and asks the guide there if she has ever heard of Teklaraine.

Crimson Start, Trailmistress of Gort, also details the directions to Teklaraine, north of Bladewall.

Lyann heads to the library in the Temple of Kalas in Macedone to begin her search for any mention of Teklaraine.

An old map clearly show the path to the ruins of Teklaraine, on the southern edge of the Sylvan Realm.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:46 pm

ooc I looked at the map for 10 minutes and still missed seeing Teklaraine. Of course,once I knew where to look, there it was.
Anybody wanna make me a wall mural of the map so i can read it?

Velvet travels to Teklaraine to investigate. She gets a feeling "Your skin tingles with magic and you feel you have just lost someone you care about. Something is wrong with this place.".

She continues to explore and finds a Ruined Library of Kalas. She sends word to Lyann to join her and peruse the library, while she continues exploring the general area.

She sends word to Crideas Bane for dispersal.
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:56 am

It was after many months at sea the savvy, tired and exhausted winged-elf Alundaio returned home to Tradeholm, where he found relaxation in the nearest pub. Whilst enjoying a few ales with his crew he happened to over hear a few adventurers secretly talking about discovering ruins on the edge of the Sylvan Realm. Like a bird to the sky the sly elf with a glint in his eyes set forth on another adventure.

Days later, Alundaio happened upon the mysterious ruins. It was among the ruins that his curiosity to search and explore managed to turn up some artifacts among the debris. Among these items he found a topaz, an ioun stone void of all magic and a strange intact skull. But the most curious of these wonderous items was an ancient rusted longsword.

"By Lysis! A marvelous find" The overly excited Alundaio said to himself as he ran his finger along the blade. "...Hmm, an inscription...it says 'Jaelthir Mornstar,' must be whom this sword belonged to."

The now grinning for gold winged-elf set way for the Vale in search of knowledge (and perhaps sale) of the mysterious artifact.

//OOC: I thought I would jump in on this. Very Happy
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 372
Main Character : Alundaio
Time Zone : GMT-04:00 (EST)
. :
Registration date : 2009-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:57 pm

/ooc sweet, but I swear I searched every inch of both zones,where did you find the sword?
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio on Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:07 pm

//OOC: Well the one day I was there I didn't see it there, but on the next reset I looked around there again just in case someone was there before me and took all the treasure. It was then I found it lying there on the ground outside the ruins. I'm not exactly sure if it has anything to do with this thread though. I guess someone must have found it already when you looked.
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:01 pm

Good job that! Time for Legend Lore on the sword!

Lyann offers to buy the sword from Alundaio and cast Legend Lore on it.
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:39 pm

After a few inquiries, Alundaio came across Lyann who offered to purchase and examine the artifact.

"Well, well. We set to make an offer?" Alundaio impatiently asks as he carefully removes a sword wrapped in cloth from his bag of holding. "Ah let's see here."

**You see a very old and rusty sword begin to appear as Alundaio unravels it from the midsts of the cloth**

"Like what you see? A rusty piece of junk is only as valuable as it's collector is willing to pay." Alundaio jests.
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Skywatcher may recall the findings of Sir Ravensclaw Nightkind after he had interrogated some liches in the silverleaf forest. The liches have disappeared since.... but the name they spoke to Rayvensclaw matches that engraved on the sword.

Jaelthir.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down