[In-Game Item Upgrades] A Black Steel and Obsidian Plaque

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [In-Game Item Upgrades] A Black Steel and Obsidian Plaque

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 pm

mighty moomin wrote:Mr Maker, sir.

One more thing, I have heard you have the ability to make weapons heal the wielder as they strike (vampiric regeneration), and have the ability to kill with a single strike (vorpal).

I will bring you anything you need, apart from my brain.....

G

*The Maker responds with a telepathic message back to Gninja with the required reagents for the additional enchantments

Spoiler:

For Vampiric Regeneration (+3 Maximum)
1 vampire fang, 10 Thorns, 10 tiny vials of blood, 3 vials of blood, 1 vial of dragon blood, 2 Blood of Magic and 5,000gp per +1 vampiric regen

For Vorpal
9 Mirror Shards, 3 High Quality Diamonds, 2 crystals of smiting, 1 Crystal of Force, 1 Essence of Earth, 1 Essence of Air, 1 Essence of Water, 1 Essence of Fire, 2 blood of magics, 1 Dragon Blood, and 50,000gp

OOC: Dave also caught a slipup I made with the AC list... 5 frosted quicksilver potions per +1 of AC, so you'll need 25 of them for +5 AC, not 50.

Last edited by MannyJabrielle on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5928
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:55 pm

Eric of Atrophy wrote:
MannyJabrielle wrote:
Spoiler:

For Strength Enhancement (+6 maximum)
Tomes of Gainful Exercise equal to half the desired bonus enhancement, 1 Demonic Runestone, +6 in value worth of strength items, 1 blood of magic, 1 dragon's blood, and 15,000gp per +1 worth of Strength bonus desired.
[OOC: Just for clarification's sake, does that "per +1 worth of Strength bonus desired" apply only to the gp value, or is it applicable to the whole formula (6 blood of magic instead of 1, etc.)? Just wanna be clear on that point, so I don't fubar my collection efforts. Thanks in advance!]

Whole formula. So for +1 added, it would be all the items listed. For +2, it's two groups of those items, ect, up to +6 on a single item.

And for the dex and lore which I missed...

Spoiler:

For Dexterity Enhancement (+6 maximum)
Tomes of Quickness of Action equal to half the desired bonus enhancement, 1 Boots of Evasion, +6 in value worth of dexterity items, 1 blood of magic, 1 dragon's blood, and 15,000gp per +1 worth of Dexterity bonus desired.

For Lore Skill (+5 only, once per item)
1 History book (a book about the history of Aenea such as The Shadowing or the Great Dawn) , Ten vials of Dragon's blood, 1 Luckstone amulet, 20 fish, 10 small iron keys, Two Bloods of Magic and 1 bottle of water from Calith's well per item to be imbued with +5 Lore skill.

MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:09 pm

daveyeisley wrote:
For elemental resists (-/30 maximum):
1 Elemental essence (fire for fire, air for shock, earth for acid, water for cold, for sonic, use an alchemist dragon's egg and diamond), 1 crystal of the type element to be resisted, 10 greater elemental reagents of the element to be resisted (Icy Skeleton's knuckles for cold, firebombs for fire, 10 acid bombs for acid, thunderstones for sonic, a Ring of the Chain for electricity), 3 lesser reagents of the element to be resisted (3 tiny amber rod for electricity, 3 blue falcon feather for sonic, 3 cinder-troll bloods for fire, 3 fish scales for cold, 3 crystalized acids for acid), a scroll of Energy Buffer, 1 tiny vial of elemental water, 1 dragon's blood, 1 blood of magic, and 10,000 gold per -/5 of resistance to be added. Item must already possess at least -/10 of the elemental resistance to be increased)

For Regen (+2 maximum):
A scroll of regeneration or monstrous regeneration, One dragon blood, 2 pearly white spindle iouns, 1 Spark of Life potion, 1 Potion with Bite, 20 leaves, 2 Blood of Magics and 75,000 gold per +1 of regen to be added

For bonus AC (+5 maximum):
5 dragon scales, 2 dragon bloods, 2 dusty rose prism ioun, 2 Blood of magics, 10 Frosted Quicksilver potions, 2 gargoyle skulls, 2 bars of adamantine, +5 worth of AC items of the same bonus type as the item to be enhanced, and 10,000GP per +1 AC to be added.

OOC: just want to make sure Im doing the math right.... to go from 10/- electrical resistance to 30/- resistance would need 40 rings of the chain? (havent ever even seen one of them, but I assume that is the correct in-game name of the item?) And for acid, I would need 400 acid bombs? (4 steps of 5/- from 10/- to 30/-, with 10 acid bombs counting as one 'greater elemental reagent' which I need 10 of per +5 resist?)

On the regen, the 'potion with bite'... is that the actual in-game name of the potion?

Lastly, for AC.... I would need 50 frosted quicksilver for a +5 bonus?

Doh, sorry about that... posted all the lists rather late(early!)....

For the rings of the chain (Yes, it's an item found in game and that's it's name), it's 1 ring per -/5, so to go from -/10 to -/30, you would need 4 rings. For acid, I goofed, was thinking fire/acid bombs were the smaller of the two. Alchemist's fires and acid flasks... so 1 stack of alchemist's fires/acid flasks per -/5, so 4 stacks for going from -/10 to -/30. You could sub in 1 (just one, not one stack) firebomb/acid bomb for a stack of their lower level counterparts too (so 4 firebombs total, or 4 acid bombs total).

Yes, "Potion with Bite" is an actual ingame potion. It's not dropped directly, but I think you should be able to (trans)figure it out eventually Wink

And guh, mixed up my notes. 5 Frosted quicksilvers per, so 25 total for a +5.

EDIT: Guh, and on the ring of the chain... I just checked it out (again) with a different character... way pricier than I had originally thought (first checked with Alastair, so the price I saw then was waaay different.... instead of a ring of the chain, sub in a lightning rod.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 pm

X

Last edited by evilkittenofdoom on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Now that I'm reincarnating, It doesn't apply.)
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:42 am

OOC: I'd say no to adding vorpal to that spear...it's already incredibly overpowered at higher levels.

The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7788
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 7:00 (Arizona)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom on Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:54 pm

//Ah well, never hurts to ask, right? In that case however, can I get other onhit effects? Not [onhit castspell], but like [onhit: wounding] or [onhit: daze] etc. etc.
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Sure, but I'd still say no on Impaler itself (or Familiar, or Soul Reaver)...other items that don't add to thier own powers, sure.

The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:03 am

//In that case - what am I allowed to add to the Impaler?
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:31 am

// Not even sure what it'll take. Smile I'd say just look to the list for custom vouchers, but with limitations also given in previous posts to this and the dwarf thread (and keeping in mind the full bonuses of the empowered spear as counting towards those limitations, for things like elemental damage).

The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:11 am

X

Last edited by evilkittenofdoom on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Now that I'm reincarnating, It doesn't apply.)
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra Cha Chongo on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:39 pm

Jinx exits the Sleeping Dragon Inn, her mechanical mind unaffected the Maker's mysterious plaque. As her quest to convert frail flesh to adamantine nears its completion, Jinx is compelled by the realization that her final augmentations must be implemented by the Mind Flayer of Macedone.

Knowing that the Maker must already be aware of the enhancements she seeks, Jinx simply indicates her readiness to meet with him by using a bladed fingernail to carve her name into the stone wall over his forge.

//OOC: Looking to add the following to a pair of Boots of Striding and Springing:
- +5 AC
- +6 Dex
- +4 Wis
- Freedom of Movement
- +2 Regen

It's finals season, so I'm not sure what my playing times are going to be like for the next week or two, but I've got the stuff all collected and ready (as per other posts in this thread)
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasombra on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:00 am

Following the illusion of a carnivorous chicken to outside of the Sleeping Dragon Inn, Amaterasu stumbles across the Maker's plaque. Enjoying the colorful visuals induced by the mental message, she visualises all sorts of unimaginably powerful items soaking under her skin, tearing her flesh apart and changing the shape of her existence to something out of this world. Barely able to stand the extacy, the mad sorceress sends it all away to the Illithid.

A few moments later, her demeanor rapidly changes as her thoughts take on a terrifyingly clear, almost tangible shape and an overwhelmingly powerful, yet very simple request - no, order, is issued to the Maker:
"Create.".

OOC:
boots of striding and springing:
+5 AC
+6 CHA
+6 CON

ring of power:
elemental resists 30/-
Immunity:Fear
Immunity:Mind-affecting
Immunity:Death Magic
Immunity:Evocation

And one question: how high can you go with damage immunity?

Last edited by Lasombra on Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Lasombra
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Male Number of posts : 249
Main Character : Amaterasu
Other Character : Shannon Elish
Other Character. : Leah Aestris
Other Character.. : Peoth
Time Zone : GMT +2:00
Registration date : 2010-01-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by __Ua__ on Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:46 pm

An armored wizard fades into existence in front of the makers shop. He removes his gold faced helm and tucks it under his left arm arm as he lowers himself to the ground. The small collection of objects around him shift displaying different shapes and images as he walks into the Makers shop. Derik gives the Maker a curt nod before he starts to walk about the shop examining the creations laying about.

" I have heard that you do very good work and I would like to take part in your services. Although I have many things I wish for you to do I have two in particular I would like you to do as soon as you have the time."

Derik holds up two simple rings in his armored hand

"I would like the magic of these two rings formed into one and..."

He motions to the objects above him which at this points formed the image of a human who was slowly melting and crumbling away as if falling apart from the inside

"...I would like to stop that from happening to me ever again."

ooc: Immunity transmutation on my helm and +5 ac on my ring of power
__Ua__
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 123
Main Character : Derik Aerlias
Other Character : Noric Aerlias
Other Character. : Mariela Kley
Other Character.. : Yeshua Son of Nun
Registration date : 2008-11-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:22 pm

__Ua__ wrote:ooc: Immunity transmutation on my helm and +5 ac on my ring of power
OOC: Immunity to transmutation isn't one of the properties DMs are able to add in-game.
Edit: My bad. That one is on the list. I just missed it when I did a quick read-through of what I'd added.

The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by grundail on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:20 pm

<adjusts his helm as he enters the Maker's abode>
In my journeys i have found a wondrous sword i wish to have shrunk for my size.
ooc: shrink the luminaria to a long or bastard sword and put a small stature limitation on it
grundail
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 162
Main Character : Drugo Woscha
Other Character : Skitco Phrenic
Other Character.. : any of the clan Woscha
NWN Username : grundail
Time Zone : GMT - 7:00 california
. :
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/grundail01

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:50 am

Ra Cha Chongo wrote:It's finals season, so I'm not sure what my playing times are going to be like for the next week or two, but I've got the stuff all collected and ready (as per other posts in this thread)

I'll try to catch you sometime this week Smile If you see me online, send me a /tell (I don't always catch when people log on, or if I do my mind may be elsewhere and I may forget that ya needed something) Smile

Lasombra wrote:And one question: how high can you go with damage immunity?
Do you mean damage immunity such as "slashing immunity: 50%"? I can't do those. I can do damage reductions (+1 to +3/soak /5 to /10), and I can do resistances (fire/acid/cold/shock/sonic up to -/30, slash/peirce/bludgeon up to -/10, and neg-energy up to -/15).

And for the stat boosts, It's the same guidelines as for voucher items, +6 to a single stat, +10 stat boosts total on the single item (so I could do +6 con/+4 cha or vise-versa).

I'll post the RP response/list of goods later tonight/early this morning Smile

__Ua__ wrote:[i]An armored wizard fades into existence in front of the makers shop....

Will post your required goodies later tonight as well Smile

grundail wrote:ooc: shrink the luminaria to a long or bastard sword and put a small stature limitation on it
If there's no objections from The Amethyst Dragon, I can do that, and make the sword non-transferable. I'll post the shopping list for that job later tonight as well Smile
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:02 am

Lasombra wrote:Following the illusion of a carnivorous chicken to outside of the Sleeping Dragon Inn, Amaterasu stumbles across the Maker's plaque. Enjoying the colorful visuals induced by the mental message, she visualises all sorts of unimaginably powerful items soaking under her skin, tearing her flesh apart and changing the shape of her existence to something out of this world. Barely able to stand the extacy, the mad sorceress sends it all away to the Illithid.

A few moments later, her demeanor rapidly changes as her thoughts take on a terrifyingly clear, almost tangible shape and an overwhelmingly powerful, yet very simple request - no, order, is issued to the Maker:
"Create.".

*The Maker chortles as he receives the 'order'. He ripostes with images of ithilid feasting on Amaterasu's brain, and the feeling that while the mind-flayers do not find the mind of a sorceress as fulfilling as that of a keen wizard, there is a certain sweet delight in the mind of one so full of herself... much like the cattle of Aenea may enjoy "kaaaandy", sweet, yet not exactly nourishment.

The imagery transforms into a zombie-Amaterasu willingly gathering key components, and laying them at the feat of the Maker... who devours the magic within the components. As almost an afterthought, the vision of the Maker enchant's zombie-Amaterasu's trinkets, and places them within her empty skull before sending her on her way*

Yessss.... caaattle feeetches maaagics. Maaaaker enchants....

*The Maker chortles again, a disturbing, squishy sound that doesn't quite filter through the telepathic link*

Spoiler:

constitution enhancement bonus: (+6 maximum per single stat, +10 total stat boosts on a single item)
Tomes of Bodily health equal to one half the desired bonus enhancement plus 1 amulet of abundant life, +6 in value worth of constitution items, 1 blood of magic and one dragon's blood per +1 worth of constitution bonus desired, and 15,000gp per +1 worth of constitution bonus desired.

Charisma enhancement bonus: (+6 maximum per single stat, +10 total stat boosts on a single item)
Tomes of charisma equal to half the desired enhancement, plus 1 silvery bone, +6 in value worth of charisma items, 1 blood of magic, 1 dragon's blood, and 15,000gp per +1 of charisma enhancement desired.

For elemental resists: (-/30 maximum)
Fire: 1 essence of fire, 1 crystal of frost, 10 alchemist fires (or 1 firebomb), 3 cinder troll bloods, 1 scroll of energy buffer, 1 tiny vial of elemental water, 1 dragon's blood, 1 blood of magic, and 10,000gp per -/5 fire resistance to be added
Cold: 1 essence of water, 1 crystal of fire, 10 icy skeleton knuckles, 2 fish scales, 1 scroll of energy buffer, 1 tiny vial of elemental water, 1 dragon's blood, 1 blood of magic, and 10,000gp per -/5 cold resistance to be added
Electricity: 1 essence of air, 1 crystal of static, 10 tiny amber rods, 3 electrical traps, 1 scroll of energy buffer, 1 tiny vial of elemental water, 1 dragon's blood, 1 blood of magic, and 10,000gp per -/5 shock resistance to be added.
Acid: 1 essence of earth, 1 crystal of dissolving, 10 acid flasks (or 1 acid bomb), 3 crystallized acids, 1 scroll of energy buffer, 1 vial of elemental water, 1 dragon's blood, 1 blood of magic and 10,000gp per -/5 acid resistance to be added.
Sonic: 1 alchemist dragon's egg, 1 crystal of vibration, 10 thunderstones, 3 blue falcon feathers, 1 scroll of energy buffer, 1 tiny vial of elemental water, 1 dragon's blood, 1 blood of magic, and 10,000gp per -/5 sonic resistance to be added.
Item must already possess at least -/10 of the elemental resistance to be increased.

Immunity: Fear
5 Potions of Mental protection, 10 Liquid Courages, 10 Flayer Eyeballs, a collection of Amulets of Will with a total combined Bonus of +25, 2 Essence of Water, Elder brain fluid, 5 Blood of Magics, 5 Dragon's Blood, 50,000 gold.

For Mind-spell Immunity
10 Potions of Mental Protection, 50 potions of liquid courage, 50 mindflayer eyeballs, 2 Essence of Air, 2 Essence of Water, Elder brain fluid, 10 blood of magic, 10 Dragons Blood, 100,000 gold for Mind Spell Immunity.

For Death Magic Immunity
1 Glowing Ruby, 1 book of "The Patient Goddess", 1 Spellbook: Atratum's Armor of Darkness, 15 Soulgems, 15 blood of Magic, 15 Dragon Bloods, 1 Arcane Symbol, 1 Sphere of Darkness, 5 scrolls of Deathward, and 100,000gp

5 dragon scales, 2 dragon bloods, 2 dusty rose prism ioun, 2 Blood of magics, 5 Frosted Quicksilver potions, 2 gargoyle skulls, 2 bars of adamantine, +5 worth of AC items of the same bonus type as the item to be enhanced, and 10,000GP per +1 AC to be added.

Evoction Immunity:
45 Lavender and green iouns (1 for 1st level spells, 2 for 2nd level, 3 for 3rd, ect). 9 Force Crystals, 9 meteorite pieces, 9 vials of elemental water, 1 of each elemental essence, 50 bloods of magic, 10 dragon's blood, and 100K gp.

MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:22 am

__Ua__ wrote:An armored wizard fades into existence in front of the makers shop. He removes his gold faced helm and tucks it under his left arm arm as he lowers himself to the ground. The small collection of objects around him shift displaying different shapes and images as he walks into the Makers shop. Derik gives the Maker a curt nod before he starts to walk about the shop examining the creations laying about.

" I have heard that you do very good work and I would like to take part in your services. Although I have many things I wish for you to do I have two in particular I would like you to do as soon as you have the time."

Derik holds up two simple rings in his armored hand

"I would like the magic of these two rings formed into one and..."

He motions to the objects above him which at this points formed the image of a human who was slowly melting and crumbling away as if falling apart from the inside

"...I would like to stop that from happening to me ever again."

ooc: Immunity transmutation on my helm and +5 ac on my ring of power

*The Maker regards the human for a moment, seeming to stare straight through Derik's skull. The Maker then bombards the wizard with images of demons tearing him limb from limb, obliterating the body, leaving only the head which rolls down the streets of Macedone and through the door to the Maker's shop. As Derik experiences the surreal adventure of being a head rolling down the street, he sees several bizarre collections of creatures and items piled on the various street corners; a group of gargoyles panhandling on one corner, a treant made of stone juggling ioun stones, and several other odd scenes... As Derik shakes off the visions, he finds himself standing, whole again, within the Maker's shop, the Maker turned away and bluntly ignoring the wizard*

"Tasty moooorsel leeeeaves", the Maker gurgles in common, "Nooooooow".

Spoiler:

5 dragon scales, 2 dragon bloods, 2 dusty rose prism ioun, 2 Blood of magics, 5 Frosted Quicksilver potions, 2 gargoyle skulls, 2 bars of adamantine, +5 worth of AC items of the same bonus type as the item to be enhanced, and 10,000GP per +1 AC to be added.

Transmutation Immunity:
45 Lavender and green iouns (1 for 1st level spells, 2 for 2nd level, 3 for 3rd, ect). 9 Belts of Stone, 9 etched stones, 9 pieces of tree bark, 1 of each elemental essence, 50 bloods of magic, 10 dragon's blood, and 100K gp.

MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:35 am

grundail wrote:<adjusts his helm as he enters the Maker's abode>
In my journeys i have found a wondrous sword i wish to have shrunk for my size.
ooc: shrink the luminaria to a long or bastard sword and put a small stature limitation on it

*The Maker turns and looks around the shop, and sees no-one. As he questions his own sanity (a chilling concept for a mindflayer!) he starts to turn back to his work, but then looks down and emits a highly disgusted gurgling sound.*

"Gnoooomes unfiiiiit to eeeeat. Taaaaste straaaange."

*The Maker sends a brief series of visions to Drugo, one of swords glowing with horrible divine energy, one of dragons exploding into showers of red bloody gems, and a pile of giant holy symbols which fall from the sky and land on Drugo, crushing him under their weight.*

"Gnoooome leeeaves. Nooooow." The Maker gurgles, unwilling to make any more mental contact with the gnome. "Muuuust cleeeeanse sssshhhop of sssstrange ssssmeeeell".

*Drugo finds himself suddenly hurled out of the Maker's shop by some unseen hand, and the door promptly slamming in his face*

Spoiler:

For Reducing the Luminaria to be usable by short races:
The Luminaria, 5 scrolls of Holy Sword, 3 Dragon's bloods, 3 bloods of magic, 3 Dalix holy symbols, 1 high quality diamond.

Note: This request will only be allowable to hafling and gnome paladins, and the resulting longsword will be made non-transferable.

MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:40 am

Ra Cha Chongo wrote:
Jinx exits the Sleeping Dragon Inn, her mechanical mind unaffected the Maker's mysterious plaque. As her quest to convert frail flesh to adamantine nears its completion, Jinx is compelled by the realization that her final augmentations must be implemented by the Mind Flayer of Macedone.

Knowing that the Maker must already be aware of the enhancements she seeks, Jinx simply indicates her readiness to meet with him by using a bladed fingernail to carve her name into the stone wall over his forge.

*The Maker sways back and forth as he observes the Sleeping Dragon Inn through his plaque placed there. He emits what could almost be described as satisfied cooing as he observes the living weapon enter the inn and approach the plaque*

"Yessss.... it is tiiiiime. The thraaaaall is aaaaalmost reeaaaaaddy." the Maker murmers to himself in what passes as his native spoken language.

*The Maker sends a single word through the plaque to Jinx.... "Approooooach"*
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Over the last few weeks images of boxes of junk, scrolls and furniture have entered the mind of the maker, the source coming from somewhere nearby, yet somewhere so far away too.... the mind is that of a small human girl, highly intelligent and very wise...
....she knows he is watching her thoughts and with a cold snap to his senses to ensure his attention, he sees all the stuff lifted on a Tensor's Disc.... and a young girl, swamped with the weight of the very armour she uses to protect herself walking along very slowly behind it... ....
... he then sees the armour floating in mid-air , being "shot at " with various narrow tuned disintegrate beams, removing little bit's, whilst keeping the armour in tact... with each shot the armour floats a little higher as if it were lighter.... .... ...

... finally he sees a letter being made to the dward, and placed on the dwards desk by a claw ...

.... He gets another cold snap from the link, and the odd feeling that if he can make a better offer then the dward does, his services might be used instead... and he would a gain loyal local thrall...
..erm ...friend.....
.... the image flow ends abruptly as his attempt to influence the mind of the girl is noticed and not approved of...

ooc: I have a custom crafted suit of heavy armour. The weight is filling 60% of my entire (weak) carrying capacity. Could it have Base Item Weight Reduction (to the max possible) added to it .... ... and for future reference what would Arcane Spell Failure -xx% be ? .... ....

I'm also under rather sporadic playtimes myself, 1/2 hr here, 3hrs there, so I'm not sure our paths are going to cross anytime soon...
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2262
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. :
Registration date : 2008-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eeriegeek on Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Dear Mr. The Maker,
I have observed your crafting and culinary skills from some distance until now - however - as it is now apparent that you do not in fact find gnomes tasty, I would like to avail myself of your crafting services. I have a custom tailored robe which I purchased from your associate in Campton and would like to enchant it to increase my mental capacity and physical constitution ((+4 INT and +6 CON)). I have collected (based on rumor and inuendo) the appropriate numbers of tomes, ioun stones, items of like enhancement, blood of magic and dragons. I understand there may be more involved with the enhancement of intelligence (as there well should be) and await your advice and assistance at your earliest convienience.
Sincerely, Amaerille
eeriegeek
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 244
Main Character : Amaerillie
Other Character : K'az T'anii
Other Character. : Xephod
Other Character.. : Eg'bo
NWN Username : eeriegeek
Time Zone : GMT-4
Registration date : 2009-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun May 23, 2010 9:04 pm

*Amidst a flash of magical shafts of yellow light, Crideas appears before the maker*

Let us speak, you and I, of what materials you would need to imbue an item with the power to increase ones knowledge of spellcasting.

**OOC: looking for materials to add spellcraft skill bonus +5 to a few items.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6826
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:16 pm

While we are at it, I would also like to inquire about materials for spell capacity. Specifically for preparing additional spells each day.

**OOC:looking for bonus spell slots
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6826
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uriel1996 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:09 pm

* A small note, written in an elegant script is nailed with a bone to a certain door in Macedone. Unsettling as it may be, a trained eye would conclude that the note is scribed on gnome skin, and the bone was probably culled from the same source...

"I have wandered Aenea and slain many, but to my displeasure these 'playthings' expire entirely too fast. To inflict greater horror upon these whelps and augment my mastery over their last moments I seek the power to imbue my blade with the ability to leech the souls of my victims."

"This has brought me to you, Maker. Your twisted virtuosity in artifice enhancements impresses even myself. If such craft is known to you, *I* can put the product of such artifice to delicious use."

Carrera K'ree

(OOC/ I am looking to get on-hit: level drain on one of my rapiers)
uriel1996
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-01-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:05 am

//I looked through the list of stuff available for maker/dwarf enhancements. Onhit: level drain isn't on the list apparently. I can however do onhit: poison (dc 14, 1d2 con, dex, or str), or onhit: wounding (as well as onhit: slay racial type, and onhit: vorpal, but the poison or wounding would seem more in-line with the "make 'em suffer" thing you're going for).
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uriel1996 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:15 pm

// Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately everything you mentioned is useless for my character. There are percious few enhancements for a dev. crit. weapon master's off-hand weap. that offer anything new. I was hoping for some debuff. Too many monsters @ level 40 are immune to poison. and if I can crit. them then they die typically within one round. Vorpal is redundant. Wounding is too easily ignored due DR/Dam Resist.

I'll go back to the drawing-board. Thanks again.
uriel1996
Adventurer
Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buddha5442a on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 pm

After hearing tales from many respected adventurers, Arianna finally decides to enlist the aid of the so-called 'Maker'. Staring at the sign with no small amount of trepidation, she begins to visualize what she desires.

...Recalling her previous encounter with the Illithid, she pictures herself in a resplendent suit of full plate armor and being able to withstand the intrusions of all but the strongest of wills, as well as being able to shrug off the effects of most spells.

... Also remembering the numerous dragons she has seen (mainly in the distance) during her travels, she decides protection from their fearsome auras would also be a good idea.

...Finally, remembering how long it took to recover from her last encounter with a powerful undead monstrosity, she pictures the armor bathed in a white aura, protecting her from the foul touch of the undead.

After the vision of her armor is complete, she sends a final thought to the maker. 'I know not that which you will need to accomplish this task but if you will impart that knowledge to me, I shall go about collecting the needed items with all haste.'

OOC : Heavy plate w/ Mind/fear/lv/ability immun, SR 32, Wis +6 . Not sure if you can do all of these on 1 item.
buddha5442a
Player with Too Much Time
Player with Too Much Time

Male Number of posts : 90
Main Character : Vistaran Tul'Motek
Other Character : Arianna Winnstrom
NWN Username : buddha5442
Time Zone : EST (GMT -5:00)
Registration date : 2010-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by uriel1996 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 pm

* Reaching out with her mind the pius paladin Grae focus's her will.*

Maker... After a three day fast and vigil, Dalix revealed to me that... that I am lacking in my capacity to Smite the Great Evils that besmirch this otherwise Goodly realm. The Goddess has commanded me to find some way to ward off the foul magicks that these affronts to Justice hurl towards me in my Duties. As I feel no fear and only hope to prove myself Worthy of my Patron, perhaps my helm would be an appropriate vessel for anti-magick measures. If you would do this then The Goddess might find it in her Great Justice to forgive you your own aberrant existence.

// I'm looking for 32 spell resistance on my helmet & immunity: death magic.
uriel1996
Adventurer
Adventurer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:09 am

buddha5442a wrote:After hearing tales from many respected adventurers, Arianna finally decides to enlist the aid of the so-called 'Maker'. Staring at the sign with no small amount of trepidation, she begins to visualize what she desires.

...Recalling her previous encounter with the Illithid, she pictures herself in a resplendent suit of full plate armor and being able to withstand the intrusions of all but the strongest of wills, as well as being able to shrug off the effects of most spells.

... Also remembering the numerous dragons she has seen (mainly in the distance) during her travels, she decides protection from their fearsome auras would also be a good idea.

...Finally, remembering how long it took to recover from her last encounter with a powerful undead monstrosity, she pictures the armor bathed in a white aura, protecting her from the foul touch of the undead.

After the vision of her armor is complete, she sends a final thought to the maker. 'I know not that which you will need to accomplish this task but if you will impart that knowledge to me, I shall go about collecting the needed items with all haste.'

OOC : Heavy plate w/ Mind/fear/lv/ability immun, SR 32, Wis +6 . Not sure if you can do all of these on 1 item.

* The Maker makes a few disgusted noises, it's face tentacles slapping in irritation before projecting a simplified image to Arianna....

* Arianna sees a series of images, mindflayers tearing her brain from her skull, a horde of vampires biting her body, draining blood from her at an alarming rate, Dragon wings beating in the air above her, and shadowy mages using spells to fling shattered mirror shards to slice her flesh. After each image fades.... Arianna is left with the image of the required materials laying before her in a satchel, ready to be delivered to the Maker...

//See the first post, check the *spoiler* to search the list for the desired property and it's requirements.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:16 am

uriel1996 wrote:* Reaching out with her mind the pius paladin Grae focus's her will.*

Maker... After a three day fast and vigil, Dalix revealed to me that... that I am lacking in my capacity to Smite the Great Evils that besmirch this otherwise Goodly realm. The Goddess has commanded me to find some way to ward off the foul magicks that these affronts to Justice hurl towards me in my Duties. As I feel no fear and only hope to prove myself Worthy of my Patron, perhaps my helm would be an appropriate vessel for anti-magick measures. If you would do this then The Goddess might find it in her Great Justice to forgive you your own aberrant existence.

// I'm looking for 32 spell resistance on my helmet & immunity: death magic.

* The Maker grumbles and sputters in disgust after just a brief mental contact with one of Dalix's favored. After a deep mental sigh, the Maker sends a series of mental images to Grae, describing the materials required for such an enchantment.

* Grae finds herself in a vision, where liches and dark wizards surround her. They cast spell after spell at her, rays of necromatic energy striking her and dark sorcery tearing apart her soul. The waves of pain and agony increase until suddenly Grae is alone in a dark space. No sound can be heard, nothing can be seen except a pile of stones and other items before her. Grae recognizes these items as the ones she must seek out. The pile of items then pulse slowly with a pure white light. With each pulse the light grows brighter until it is blinding. After the final pulse, the items have transformed into the shape of Grae's helmet.

//Check the lists in the first post of this thread for the requirements of your requested enhancements.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 am

// NOTE: The current "shopping lists" for enhancements are now listed in the spoiler-lists in the first post.

//As before, it may save you some grief to make the request before gathering your goods as I may decide to change the requirements based on material availability on the server/other considerations.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair on Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Karamip Ningle: "Maker, I have several requests to make of you. I wish to have my spear, Riskbreaker, made more potent.

First, it is rumored that you are able to add a protective quality to my weapon*. If so, I wish to take full advantage your craft.

Second, I wish to add a vampiric quality to Riskbreaker, as much as is allowed.

Please inform me as to what is required."

* Unless this comes at a cost to its Enhancement bonus to attack/dm.
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1174
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:31 pm

//I take that as you want +X AC on your weapon and vampiric regen?
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Svair on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 pm

// Yes please.
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1174
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:01 pm

The Maker considers the gnome's request for a moment and then sends a vision into Karamip's mind. Karamip sees herself ripping fangs from a fallen vampire, and a vision of shields changing shape into spears and falling tip first into the earth.

//The "AC" requirements are listed in the first post under "General enhancements" and the "Vampiric Regen" reagents are listed under the "weapon only" section. For the AC bonus to spears, the AC type is "Shield".
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:33 am

//For the time being, substitute golem parts for dragon-scales. The dragonscales are now rare as <bleep> Razz I'll update the first post tomorrow sometime.
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra Cha Chongo on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:32 am

If you need dragon scales, go for blue wyrmlings; they have them every time
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom on Fri May 18, 2012 10:17 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:// Not even sure what it'll take. Smile I'd say just look to the list for custom vouchers, but with limitations also given in previous posts to this and the dwarf thread (and keeping in mind the full bonuses of the empowered spear as counting towards those limitations, for things like elemental damage).

Ok, taking all of that into consideration, where does the Sneak Attack +3d6, Massive Criticals 1dX and Extra Melee Damage type (Bludgeoning or Slashing) fall into that?

Also, the weapon itself goes to +10 Piercing damage via the Enhancement bonus. Would it be safe to assume that I am not allowed to add further piercing damage and that it counts as the 1d10 for the purposes of adding others? (Thus I would only be allowed to add 1d6 Slashing and 1d6 Bludgeoning)

evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile