Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Simple alignment addons

Go down

Simple alignment addons Empty Simple alignment addons

Post by Anthroplayer Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Well, I know that some quests alter alignments by small amounts, but most of them only add Good points. By doing Aenea's quests a character who starts at NE will end up being NG, a pretty large opposite.

My ideas are as follows.

The Macedonian guards currently add evil points, but it doesn't make much sense that ignoring a law that isn't thouroughly enforced you would get evil points. I noticed in another section that players want it switched to chaos points, which makes ALOT more sense.

However, there is another thing that could be done.

The game frequently spawns random NPCs at various towns. I was hoping that maybe that The Amethyst Dragon could simply add to their blueprint under the 'ondeath' property that the killer gains 1 evil point, or maybe The Amethyst Dragon could add more. This would have basically no impact on server performance, and would allow people the chance to kill innocents and become evil doing so. Since killing those characters normally provokes entire areas of becoming hostile, such as guards, merchants, and the like, it also means that people would choose who to murder more carefully... genious no?

In addition, why not add a beggar or two to each of the cities in game (like Macedone and Calithia). People can give a 1, 10, or 100 gold to these people, improving their good by 0, 1, or 3 points (since 1 coin is barely any sympathy). The conversation for them could recognize the PC who gives them coins so each beggar could only be helped once per server reset by that specific NPC.

By having a properly working system with the guards, random commoners, and and the adding of beggars, over at least 5-10 server reset a player could switch alignment at least once. And these suggestions do not have much of an impact on server performance, making it more useful than a complex system.

The only problem is that we wouldn't have something to make players more lawful... other than the place at Mountainholm for those with alot of cash...
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down