Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Blackguards in the Vale.

3 posters

Go down

No Blackguards in the Vale. Empty No Blackguards in the Vale.

Post by Maeglin Dubh Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:46 pm

I walked out of the inn tonight and got embroiled in a fight that swallowed up resources that I don't like wasting, because I couldn't get away from it. I was getting grappled with a Bigby's that was continually recast every time I drank a potion of dispel (I used up 8 of them, by the way). I couldn't even run away to log off safely, because I was being continually attacked by an enemy I couldn't hit, that didn't miss, and kept recasting Bigby's every time I dispelled it to run away. My usual speed advantage was gone as well, since I turned back to wearing Earthrooted boots to avoid the Microburst that they usually use to keep me pinned down.

EDIT: To clarify, this isn't a complaint, but a suggestion that epic-level fights not take place right in the Vale. Have those things somewhere that keeps it optional, not in Main Street of Home Town, Aenea.

Last edited by Maeglin Dubh on Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

No Blackguards in the Vale. Empty Re: No Blackguards in the Vale.

Post by daveyeisley Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:57 pm

I spoke with Derik about your issue with not hitting, he said that you hadnt gotten your spells back yet.... and you hadnt buffed.

I am sorry you were not ready for that fight, but if you had spoken up, I would have gladly given you a chance to collect yourself. I had no idea you were upset until you logged off, and Derik said something.

Your character sheet was only showing +39 to hit, for some reason. I am not sure why, probably lack of buffs, but from what Derik said, you are able to get up to +69... if you had, that fight would have been quite doable.... though still tough.

Still, my request is that if in the future, you are getting overly frustrated, at least make it known in DM channel and tell us why. If its justified, we are more than happy to fix things. If all you needed was time to drink a renewal potion and buff, that would have been no problem... but I didnt know, so I couldnt help.

Also, logging off take away any chance I have to replace your lost resources or to reward you...
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : No Blackguards in the Vale. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:43 am

Even in the Vale those fights are optional... just let a DM know you dont wish to participate... no harm no foul... we keep the baddies off you.

If you lose anything, Items, XP, or other... we will take care of that, too. You just have to let us know Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey_Stooge Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:03 am

I lost xp...I think it was 5000.
Grey_Stooge
Grey_Stooge
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 238
Main Character : Bram Alley - Shadow Stalker of Beuttleria
Other Character : Bart Bryan - Beuttlerian SFS Warrior
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:26 am

Taken care of.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down