Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Werewolf Semiclass

2 posters

Go down

The Werewolf Semiclass Empty The Werewolf Semiclass

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:55 pm

The werewolf semiclass is a great idea. However, how it's currently implemented is not so great, and reduces the semiclass to an RP prop, rather than something useful as with the other semiclasses.

The problem is that the change into werewolf form nerfs the character. For a 10th level character, yes, it's a benefit, maybe even stretching as far as 15th level, but beyond that, it's a nerf. Unlike all other polymorphs, the werewolf change doesn't seem to merge the armor/helm/shield slot. It's a bipedal form too, and all other bipedal forms merge boots/belts/cloaks/jewelry, but WW does not.

Compared to a wolfblood, the fullblooded werewolf is far inferior. Wolfbloods get the stat boosts (which always boost the stats rather than lower them, provided the PC doesn't already have a +12 enhancement whereas if you've got dex, con or strength above 26, you lose that during shifting as a full werewolf), and get to keep full use of their items/gear/weapons. ANd during a double full moon, they not only get the benefits, but the full werewolf appearance as well.

SO... to make the WW semiclass not nerf the character, perhaps it can be tweaked to work as the wolfblood full moon stransformation, or at the very least, tweak the werewolf polymorph to merge some items.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

The Werewolf Semiclass Empty Re: The Werewolf Semiclass

Post by Kefrem Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:26 am

Aye i agree with you on this one...tarn is one of the most bad a** fencers on aenea(for his level) has like a i think a 35 or something ac...yet...when i shift to werewolf form...i lose 7 points of ac...and my rear end is promptly delivered to me on a silver(for more pain) platter. Hence i almost never if ever shift forms.

Instead of base stats across the board it should be bonuses added to existing stats. then the person wouldnt lose as much when shifting. Merging items like you said would also be good as you said manny ala the *dedicated* items from the white wolf werewolf game where they vanish when they shifted.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=