Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX

3 posters

Go down

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX Empty Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX

Post by Eric of Atrophy Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Ok, here comes a recommendation from me, but it's a bit unusual - it has a story behind it.

I came across Ben Harrison's Black Fire Weapon VFX package a while back, and being an override junkie, I tried and loved it! Unfortunately, Ben Harrison "has decided not to allow comments or votes." So I sent him an email that told him how much I really enjoyed using the package and also thanked him for releasing it to the community. He replied with thanks, and also noted that he had another vfx package sitting around, this one a white fire weapon vfx. He said that he was thinking about releasing it, and I encouraged him to do so (Please please please!).

A few days later he sent me an email with the Vault link for the new VFX package in it. I also got a surprise in the readme file (I geeked out to my wife about this a little bit).

The moral of the story, folks, is that if you like something, don't hesitate to tell the person who made it that you like it - most likely, you'll make his or her day, and you never know what kind of goodness can come out of it! Support our custom content makers, and tell them what a fantastic job they do for us (thank you, The Amethyst Dragon!)

Anyways ...

Without further ado, I present to you Ben Harrison's White Fire Weapon VFX package! DL and enjoy!

Last edited by Eric of Atrophy on Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX Empty Re: Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:37 pm

Yes, creators of NWN content will sometimes work off suggestions from community members. Smile Nice work influencing Ben Harrison...that guy's got some talent.

And I know the feeling on getting a nod from other creators. Same thing happened for me when they released the 1.69 patch and I looked through the release notes. Granted, my name wasn't mentioned, but I know who it was for.

Spoiler:
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX Empty Re: Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX

Post by RustyDios Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:15 am

Yeah, I already use Ben's black vfx for my evil axe heads .... I have no idea why but somewhere along the line my NWN has got a bit corrupted, even a fresh install would give me this overpowering "white square block null image" for red evil axe heads... with the black fire for that weapon type in my overrides I have no problems .... ... ... I might use the white one for electric... ... I don't really like Biowares electric visuals, and the electric one I do use is a bit "overpowering" .... .... ... ....

.. And The Amethyst Dragon I noticed that in the 1.69 notes as well and thought instantly of you and the "unofficial nod" that bioware have given you in that statement.....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault - White Fire Weapon VFX Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:20 am

I'm considering use the white flames to override the sonic visual for my own override directory...I've never liked the sonic visual (ever since I first saw it in the original campaign)...of course, I don't really think sonic should have a visual, since it's just sound.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:48 pm

Yeah, sonic is usually the one I choose to override - like you said, I just never cared for it on any weapon ... too lightsaberish for me.
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down