Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry to be a pain, but...

2 posters

Go down

Sorry to be a pain, but... Empty Sorry to be a pain, but...

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Is there really no other way to handle XP debt? Server crashed last night before I could do an area transition and I got nailed with an additional 5200 on top of what I already paid off last night. Could it be at least redone so that say when you reach epic levels, XP debt pays off at 500 a clip instead of 100, or perhaps an option to manually pay off all XP debt at once if the PC has the XP to do so? It takes a painfully long time for a 6000 xp debt to pay off at just 100 per heartbeat, and that's just for a single death, much less two in the course of a play session. A single clientside or serverside crash sucks and ends up basicaly erasing 4+ hours of XP gain for me in a single instant.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Sorry to be a pain, but... Empty Re: Sorry to be a pain, but...

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:48 pm

The 100 per round is a scripting safety measure. I used to have it do it all at once, but with more players it ended up causing a TMI (too many instructions) error (since it has to run a loop for every experience point for every player character that has xp debt, every round).

I'll up it for epic characters to 500 per round. That should still be ok, since not that many epic characters are on at once.

I'll get you your extra lost xp back next time I see you on. And I recommend not waiting for debt to be paid off to transition...just let it pay itself as you play, as it has no effect on anything else going on while it does that.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:56 pm

500 a round would be very gracious Smile Muchas Gracias

And Myth got me on the XP already. I usually do run around exploring when my XP drains off, although there are many times when I'll be exploring an area completely or am unable to get to a transition point with any quickness or something else would keep me occupied in a given area for a while (oooh, the big blue bird again, let's see if I can get him to do or say something interesting this time... oooh, shiny object, shiny shiny Laughing .... I don't usually have client side crashes myself (and serversides are rare enough that I could probably count them on one hand), but I do know a couple of other players who seem to have PC problems often enough.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:07 pm

The 500 per round debit works Smile

But I found something odd with it. I got a death debt, and the full piety giveback. However, the debt only paid off a little over 2500, and then stopped, even though I still had plenty more XP over level available to pay off with (the remainder of the piety giveback, and then some). The debt stopped at 505000, and the level mark for 32nd is well below that at 496000. When I gained more XP, the debt paid off again, but kept stopping at that 505000 mark as if it thought that was the amount of XP needed for 32nd level.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum