Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Build Idea

2 posters

Go down

New Build Idea Empty New Build Idea

Post by Alundaio Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:52 am

I'm thinking of building a Rogue/Wiz/Palemaster. Not sure on the specifics or that maybe there is also a better alternative. OR maybe this idea is just plain stupid...

Rogue (19) levels are there mainly to reap the reward of getting SC IV and EPIC DODGE.
Wizard (5) levels are for getting preq. for Palemaster.
Palemaster (16) levels are there to get EPIC MAGE ARMOR (flat out +20 AC) and the AC bonuses (+10 AC).

Im sure if I can get 50 Dex (+4 Book and all bonuses from equipment.), I think it may be able to hit 75+ AC without Epic Mage Armor.

The main drawback is low AB. But 95+ AC with Epic Dodge and SC sounds fantastic (In theory atleast...)

This beast will be wielding a Rapier and Shield.

Sadly, yes it's not an AA build. If only there was a way for an AA build to get super AC combined with Epic Doge and SC...
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 372
Main Character : Alundaio
Time Zone : GMT-04:00 (EST)
. : New Build Idea Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

New Build Idea Empty Re: New Build Idea

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:15 pm

The AB shoudln't be too bad if you take weapon finesse.

I'd suggest though 3 wizard (the min for PM), and 21 rogue. Go almost all rogue pre-epic for the best BAB (rogue 18, wizard 2 pre-epic, 14 BAB at 20th), then take your last wizard level at 21'st, and start your PM levels, taking taking two of the last 3 rogue levels at 27th and 37th (30 tumble/hide/ms at 27th, 40 tumble at 37th... that last rogue level... wherever). 24 BAB at 40th, +20 if you have weapon finesse and get that 50 total dex, +5 rapier, +10 warhulk or tensors potions... or combine the two to cap out your +20 AB enhancement cap...

+64 lead attack. 11d6 sneak attack dice, 48 AC stark naked, with +8 bracers, +5 tower shield/ring/boots/amulet, ioun, haste potion... 104 AC. 114 if you have imp. expertise (which will lower your AB to +54 on the lead, which is still good enough to consistently hit pretty much every monster found in Aenea.

Not a bad build at all.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:33 pm

erg... although I forgot the SCIV goal.. which would require more rogue levels post epic for bonus feats...

Still, even if you go 20 rogue, 4 wizard, 16 PM, take 4 wiz and 2 PM pre-epic, still 14 BAB at 20th, 2 rogue special bonus feats post epic, if you go winged elf, you may just be able to fit in SCV+ epic dodge and EMA if you can get a +2 dex book.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:16 pm

I had that in mind already that it is it only possible to get SC IV with a Dex book. Very Happy lol 114 with imp...haha
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 372
Main Character : Alundaio
Time Zone : GMT-04:00 (EST)
. : New Build Idea Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content