Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes

+3
Lasombra
RustyDios
The Amethyst Dragon
7 posters

Go down

July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes Empty July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:02 am

1. More "random" encounter spawns. I've started to implement use of the CEP "Sparky Spawner" code for some areas. In these early areas, encounters should now start appearing in different parts of the areas, with varying numbers of enemies that spawn in when you enter the area (rather than just when you walk over an "encounter trigger").

First areas to get this treatment: the Northwest Road near the Vale (my initial test area) and some parts of the Calithian Desert.

2. Searing Sands Maze. Seems something has destroyed it. Probably a frustrated sorcerer or barbarian. For those that enjoyed the mental challenge though, it appears a "bored mage" created a non-lethal duplicate near Valorian's Vale that is open to anyone that enjoys a little mental game.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes Empty Re: July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes

Post by RustyDios Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:37 am

The sands maze.. it didn't really get destroyed did it ?... It just got teleported and found it's way to that teleport paradise which is the vale...

Viva La Revoluction!!

Viva La Revoluction!!
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes Empty Re: July 15, 2010: A couple of little changes

Post by Lasombra Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 am

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:Searing Sands Maze. Seems something has destroyed it. Probably a frustrated sorcerer.
*Whistles innocently* ...hey! Not frustrated, just impatient! IMPATIENT! Razz
Nah, just kidding, it wasn't me. 3 hellballs couldn't possibly destroy something this cheesy tongue
Seriously though, I'm glad I won't have to keep a map of it.
Lasombra
Lasombra
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Male Number of posts : 249
Main Character : Amaterasu
Other Character : Shannon Elish
Other Character. : Leah Aestris
Other Character.. : Peoth
Time Zone : GMT +2:00
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthbrand Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:20 pm

that Barbarian would have been me, I was wondering about why it became so easy there. Took me forever to do that stupid maze... then the Dracolich at the end... and the empty sarcophagus that I busted open with my axe... what a let down... I think the frustrated sorcerer may have gotten there first... but left me the Dracolich to kill. -_-
Guthbrand
Guthbrand
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 30
Main Character : Eliott Grey. Barbarian/Bard/DragonSoul(White)
NWN Username : Lamont Adams
Registration date : 2010-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:22 pm

Could we maybe add a tiny reward for those that actualy finish it?
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:08 am

Guthbrand wrote:that Barbarian would have been me, I was wondering about why it became so easy there. Took me forever to do that stupid maze... then the Dracolich at the end... and the empty sarcophagus that I busted open with my axe... what a let down... I think the frustrated sorcerer may have gotten there first... but left me the Dracolich to kill. -_-

Note: The sarcophagus is not supposed to be empty. If someone else triggered it before you did, then it may have been empty, but you can cause the sarcophagus to respawn by destroying it. Wait 30 mins or so and come back... it should be there... and not empty.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthbrand Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:34 am

what I have to wonder tho... what happened to all the monsters at the searing sands maze? I used to walk in and find tons of these mummies that all this great loot... now just a few pathetic lesser versions of them scattered about. Although I can't complain too much about what happened in the lower level, a lot less trolls. They never gave me trouble it just takes a long time to kill them...

And are the liches and vampires that spawn from the sarcophagi scattered around the lower level (just before the maze) suppose to respawn after awhile because it seems you can only get them to appear once. Kinda depressing as they are pretty good exp. Its hard to find good exp that doesn't rape me with eye beams...
Guthbrand
Guthbrand
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:46 am

I'll check on those trolls. As far as the "former maze area", it's now filled with a scattering of mummies. I'll be adding in more of the tougher ones as time passes.

Thanks for the feedback.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthbrand Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:27 am

There was nothing wrong with the trolls, there was just a lot less of them. (which isn't bad... they take forever to kill haha) I don't really know how the "Sparky Spawner" works. Maybe it doesn't take you level into account or something I don't know.

And I don't want to let my complaining ruin the vision you have for that place. If you are really taking the monster layout in a drastically different direction I'll just trust you know what you are doing and be patient. I mean, its level 1 of that searing sands maze, I don't expect it be as hard as the lower levels.

My biggest *hope* (doesn't have to be this way) is that the Vampires and Liches and other things spawn more than once per reset from all the sarcophagi because after half an hour they still don't seem to re-trigger the spawn after disturbing them. But then, maybe its not suppose to.

I mean it forced me to explore some more sense the place became kinda inconsistent for me and that's not so bad.
Guthbrand
Guthbrand
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:38 am

The vampires and liches should respawn... my question is this though (because no one may have told ye yet)... are ye destroying the caskets ?.... destroy the casket, wait around 10-15minutes for a "new" one to appear, and open that... this should give you respawns... a sidenote though, not every casket will actually give you a spawn.... if it doesn't spawn, destroy the casket to reset that one too for the next trip round the room. ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DMT Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:38 am

Just being back and I can see the change at some areas and the changes are HUGE!! Less spawns maybe better for the module's lag.

It is nice that you figured the CEP2.3 Spawn system out.. I for one haven't figured it out.
DMT
DMT
Player with Too Much Time
Player with Too Much Time

Male Number of posts : 84
Main Character : Randell "Werewolf Warrior"
Other Character : Sir Vincent "Amethyst Knight" - Paladin of Dalix
Time Zone : GMT - 4:00
Registration date : 2009-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:33 am

DMT wrote:It is nice that you figured the CEP2.3 Spawn system out.. I for one haven't figured it out.
I'm still working on learning it. Razz
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Guthbrand Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:43 am

RustyDios wrote:.... destroy the casket, wait around 10-15minutes for a "new" one to appear, and open that... this should give you respawns...

wow... I did not even think of that.
Guthbrand
Guthbrand
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down