It stirs from the west

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It stirs from the west

Post by Lyme_gg on Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:39 am

Its a wonderful day in the Vale and everyone is enjoying their favorite beverage. You don't give it much thought when the door opens and an adventurer that goes by the name Nataku strolls in, and casually hands Crideas Bane a note.
You can't help but to listen in.
"Master Crideas, this rather roughed up fellow just litterally ran into me holding that piece of parchment. He also babbled about the priest or someother".
Nataku takes a deep breath and continues "The note says that a dire evil stirs in the hot desert ruins and that one of their priests went missing while investigating the ruins. Master Crideas, what do suppose this dire evil is anyways. And was that crazy guy doing all the way out here. Eh, nevermind him. He passed away on my way over and I saw him off to the gates of the cemetary"
/ooc. Setting up a lil campaign. Looking like it could be next week sometime in the evening or over a few. All welcome and adventurers of all types and lvls welcome.
And if u are interested feel free to post roughly what lvl char u would like to bring and what time is good for u. And can figure out a good time to have and adventure

Lyme_gg
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts: 63
Main Character: Nataku
Other Character: Kank
Registration date: 2010-07-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: It stirs from the west

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 pm

ooc: Crideas looks a bit out of sorts as he hold the note and reads. Confirming Nataku's story, he leans back pensively.

"He is dead, you say? What a pity... did you note what may have caused his wounds? Did he say nothing more?"

A brief pause, and then:

"There are old things... all but forgotten, buried out in that cursed desert. Things that Gods themselves had reason enough to seal away, that they might never walk the lands free to wreak evil. I truly hope my fears are unfounded... but there is only one way to make sure. In the event there is due cause for alarm, any who would investigate should go well-prepared beforehand. I will spend the next few hours divining what I may. When I return, I should have more clear plans on how best to proceed."

He rises from his chair, squaring his shoulders. His hand falls to a plain looking rod at his waist, as he murmurs an arcane phrase. In a flash of yellow shafts of light, he is gone.

Several hours pass. Then, just as suddenly as he disappeared, Crideas fades into existence in nearly the exact spot he left, heralded by more shafts of glowing yellow light. His countenance is hard, eyes filled with steely determination. He holds up an old, cracked parchment rolled tightly in his hand... the seal of Dalix is faintly visible.

"I regret that I bring grim tidings. As if we had not enough lurking enemies to keep us wary... there is ancient evil afoot in the desert. Seals milennia old have weakened. A being of great power is stirring from ages of torporous slumber. Already he draws dark forces to him. There is little time to lose. In a matter of days this evil might rise up from the desert, casting a shadow over the entire region of Calithia. If not stopped, it could gain such power as to amass an army and begin a conquest.

Gather what support and equipment you can... before this ancient can be confronted, the seals must be ritually repaired in case of failure. Should we fail to destroy this evil.... it must never be allowed to escape its tomb.

To repair the seals, three items must be gathered and then placed within a ritual circle as this incantation is read aloud:

'Altennum Alochna. Yudonimm vashana rothir. Kalthenn bulzab kalth ken urobis. Dalix ummenzas rothir ultimar sol paar. Zolaris ummenzas arcanum gular eteran saak nar ken.
Altennum Alochna. Yudonimm vashana rothir.'

The items consist of a Stone of the Sun blessed by Prizimal himself, the blood of a mighty ancient dragon, and a small amount of Frosted Quicksilver. Arranged in a triangular pattern at the edges of the ritual circle located inside the tomb, as the incantation is spoken aloud.... the seals which bind the evil to its prison shall be renewed. Then, even if those brave enough to confront the evil are slain, the region shall be protected.

All the better of course, if the battle is won."

With a wry smile and a wink, he takes his seat again, looking about at the reaction of others to the news.

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.: Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts: 6567
Location: Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character: Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username: Dave Yeisley
DM Name: Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone: GMT - 5:00
.:
Registration date: 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyme_gg on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 pm

*nataku absorbs the info and states* Well the poor fellow seemed like nothing but skin and bones. Hard to say how long its been since he had a good meal. But the strange thing is, it appeared the life had been drained out of him.
*nataku turns around and unfolds his leathery wings to stretch.
Time to gather up some good blades and whomever else is brave enough to make this journey and protect Calithia from this danger.

Lyme_gg
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:52 pm

A figure steps out from the shadows, almost appearing from thin air and materialising as though willing his form into existence, he takes a seat next to Crideas...

" Master Crideas, as always, if I can attend to stop the uprising of some ancient evil, possibly undead army, I will do so without any further questions asked. As always Naka's Nightmare and Sharlo's Souldrainer with be of great use in any coming battle"

With this the shadowy figure stretches his arms out wide and two spectral wraithblades extend almost from his torso, wrapping around his arms in a coil and thrust into existence into his outstretched arms with a flick from his wrists... He kicks back from the table knocking his chair over, floats in mid air for a moment as the twin wraithblades rise to hover beside him...

"I will seek out as much ancient dragon blood as I can gather Master Crideas"... and with that sentence the figure almost fades completely out of sight, and the gemstone of the amulet around his neck glows faintly, the all-too familiar yellow-green swirl of Farstep Magic is seen... the air is left empty... ....

// If I can attend any event I will... I have a number of PC's that could potentially participate, ranging from 6th - Ascended 30th-ish in level, and a broad range of classes and abilities... .. .. At the moment though I'm kiinda focusing on getting Jay Braysin back to 40th (Ranger/Rogue, Shadowchild)

RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts: 2226
Main Character: Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character: Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character.: Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character..: See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username: RustyDios
Time Zone: GMT (England, DST)
.:
Registration date: 2008-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:26 pm

OOC: for me, it would have to be done in the evening around or after 7pm eastern time during the week.... or any time after noonish on the weekend.

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location: Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalee on Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Being a bard, Rosalee has already heard the news of a great evil rising in the desert. She picked up her lute, and played a few notes to be sure it was properly tuned. Feeling satisfied, she smiled and headed towards Crideas Banes Sanctum. There would be many adventurers pledging their support, and Rosalee wanted to be there to inspire them with her music. Together they would defeat this evil.

// Evenings after 8 pm eastern are good for me, and weekends after 1 pm eastern.
Rosalee is a level 23 pure bard with 6 songs to inspire her companions.

Rosalee
Player with Too Much Time

Female Number of posts: 98
Main Character: Rosalee
Other Character: Jenny Rose
Other Character.: Daisy
NWN Username: Lady Rosalee
Time Zone: GMT - 5:00 Eastern
Registration date: 2010-07-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher on Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Skywatcher approaches crideas with two small vials. I have the frosted quicksilver and a sun stone do you know a priest of prizimal?

Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts: 517
Main Character: Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character: Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character.: Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username: Skywatcher
.:
Registration date: 2008-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm

ooc: the sunstones are alrready blessed by prizimal, as they can only be collected in his temple after activation of the pedestals. Though the idea for this thread was to explain the process for the participants, basically of having them go out and collect the items together once the event had begun... and to identify what pcs of what levels would be going and what days/times worked for folks.

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyme_gg on Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:22 am

So does thursday the 23rd at 8 pm eastern sound good for all to start? or saturday best?

heh ya. brain farted on the date. but saturday seems best for most. *raises pitchfork* form the mob!

Last edited by Lyme_gg on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lyme_gg
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeglin Dubh on Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:59 am

Thursday or Saturday at that time works for me, and for the rest of Beuttleria, as far as I know.

(Derik and I both have lower levels to bring in, but Thein might not. We'll look over his collection with him.

Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts: 521
Main Character: Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character: Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character.: Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date: 2008-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Thursday at 8pm eastern should be workable for me, yes.... but my understanding is that Thursday would be the 26th, no?

Saturday would probably be better overall for me, but thursday is workable.

How are other folks with thurday night?

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalee on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:30 pm

I would prefer Saturday as well, but Thursday would work too if it doesn't end too late.

Rosalee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:44 pm

If I remember and I actually get NWN working again I'll be there. Wink

Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts: 371
Main Character: Alundaio
Time Zone: GMT-04:00 (EST)
.:
Registration date: 2009-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Maybe be able to skinny on for a few minutes, but don't get out of work until 9pm, not to mention the ride home...

Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Male Number of posts: 3553
Main Character: The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username: atrophied_eric
DM Name: Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone: GMT - 04:00 EST
Registration date: 2008-06-05

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Maybe saturday would be better then?

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralai on Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:56 am

Ruby glides into the the gathering, greeting one and all.

Addressing Crideas, she grins fiercely and asks; "What would you have me do, Crideas?
I've heard strange whisperings in the desert,
and fear seems to radiate from the sand like the sunlight."

I can be on either night...update with the final decision, then tell me who I should bring in.
Choices are: 40th lvl thief w/arcane casting, or 25th lvl mage, or 2nd level meatshield
lemmee know!
I say, YAY!

Last edited by Lauralai on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:24 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding in character content)

Lauralai
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Female Number of posts: 142
Main Character: Ruby Wainwright
Other Character: Lucky Wabash
Other Character.: Lucky Wabasher
Other Character..: Faerwether Thisleward

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:40 am

Seems like Saturday works for most people, and at least one person may have trouble with Thursday, so let's say Saturday at 4pm eastern, aiming for 2 hours or less, and recommended level between 10 and 25. You can bring anyone you like, those numbers are merely a suggestion.

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:47 am

Would a 40th unbalance the setup?

Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:49 pm

Getting ready to start setting up now.

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Heading into the climactic battle, this is the scene that was waiting for the heroes:

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm

An awesome event dave... I'll put up what few screens I took of the Aftermath soon...

Well thought out, with clear and concise goals, an overriding sense of purpose, good interjections from the NPC (and Crideas) to spur us on, well balanced enemies vs player level (and experience) .... and I believe the team could count on our hands the amount of times we collectively died, which was very impressive considering the party level and the threats faced .. Smile ...

And a good mix of roleplay and hacknslash, from all involved ... thankyou for keeping the group "together", I know it may seem awkward to hang back and wait for someone to catch up, but it IS better for the enjoyment of all... and hell, look up at what can be taken down when a party makes a plan, sticks to it and stays together .... ... a lesson for future events maybe to stay together where possible ?

Well done everyone, and thanks again for a great night to all involved... Smile Smile
Hail Aeneans !

RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Main Character: Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:14 pm

Sounds like y'all had fun.

Wish I would have been able to join in (the eldest offspring's birthday party, followed by some irritable twins, got in the way of me being online for more than 30 seconds). It was nice to check the server status and see 8 people logged in. Smile

The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.: Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts: 7728
Location: probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username: amethystdragon
DM Name: The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone: GMT - 7:00 (Arizona)
Registration date: 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauralai on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Thank you, guys. That was really fun.
Sorry for all the in and 0utty stuff, (bad video driver)
I appreciate you finding me , Over and Over *grins*

When is the next one?!? (giggles)

Rosalee is funny! and Gog? what a great role play

Looking forward to next time

Lauralai
(Lucky Wabasher)

Lauralai
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Female Number of posts: 142
Main Character: Ruby Wainwright
Other Character: Lucky Wabash
Other Character.: Lucky Wabasher
Other Character..: Faerwether Thisleward

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosalee on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:44 pm

*Rosalee pulls out her lute and strums a few notes*
I think we did much good today. I'm going to have to write a song about all of our adventures.

I had a great time today. It was quite fun, and not too hard for my bard to survive. The roleplay was great too, and quite funny at times. lol

Thank you to everyone who helped make this a fun evening for everyone.

I had a wonderful time, and I look forward to the next event.

sunny

Rosalee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:58 pm

I did mention my screenshot trigger finger was busy running it's way across my keyboard and being hot on the mouse ?... Anyway, the victor's shot's I got that didn't involve "a black screen" ... ...

RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:09 pm

Sorry I missed this one, guys! If it had been later (liek now-ish) I coulda made it, but RL got in the way ... Crying or Very sad

Well, maybe next time Abe will be able to join in, too! Twisted Evil

- just kidding on that!

Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:02 pm

Damnit I knew I forgot something today.

Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts: 371
Main Character: Alundaio
Time Zone: GMT-04:00 (EST)
.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeglin Dubh on Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:22 pm

Sorry, Beuttleria had a Dag battle today. Afterwards we went out to eat, since none of us had lunch. So by the time we got home, event was over.

Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts: 521
Main Character: Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character: Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character.: Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date: 2008-09-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:12 am

I'm glad folks had a good time Smile

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

.:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum