Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads)

+18
Angel of Death
Ramana Jala
Eltarin
titus
Svair
A_Vagabond
Kefrem
Christopher Robin R2
MannyJabrielle
Skywatcher
Ra Cha Chongo
eeriegeek
inthecorridors
Eric of Atrophy
evilkittenofdoom
daveyeisley
RustyDios
The Amethyst Dragon
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Empty Re: Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads)

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:54 pm

I've uploaded a new aeneahak_updates.hak file that contains the models for the newer research method, a redone inventory icon for the epic focus item (blue flame is gone, replaced by miniature version of the Epic Magic feat icon tucked into a corner so you can see the spell slot icon behind it clearly), and some unrelated stuff. You can play without the updated hak, but won't be able to research new epic spells if you choose to do so.

I've also restarted the module with the new files on the server, so I can go in and test it out to make sure things are appearing, vanishing, and getting set properly.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Empty Re: Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads)

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Bah. Encountered an issue with the new placeables. Probably due to there being so many of the things in one area. Going to test out another avenue tonight/tomorrow.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by titus Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:41 pm

just wondering if this is supposed to be working now? if so, it's bugged. i tried researching a 1-component spell [i.e., just the seed, no adjustments], and when i went to review the spell, it showed a completely different seed, cost, etc. i started over. going back through again, i chose the same seed, i reviewed, finalized -- and it sent me back to the beginning. from this point on, it was impossible to restart research ; no amt of ';;em new' cmds did anything at all.

otoh, i really like the layout -- very 'tech', and the sparsity is appealing. much lower chance of clicking the wrong object.
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 176
Location : here... i'm in here! let me out! *bang,bang,bang* let me out!
Main Character : pin, cleric of mystara
Other Character : kiir'iss, displaced drow bard of myth'sarel
NWN Username : titus
Time Zone : GMT-8:00
Registration date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by titus Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:19 am

i went by the library again today, and i don't know if The Amethyst Dragon worked on this in the last few days or if the gods of nwn technology smiled on me, but i managed to get much farther this time than last time. i was able to continue research up to the point where you're given the option of mitigating the cost by using bom or burning hp. for some reason, you aren't able to choose 'no'... [maybe a plot by the gem traders' union to cause the price of bom to raise.] the same is true of the hp mitigation. if you choose to mitigate on either of these, you can continue research ; if not, you're blocked, because the 'none' tab doesn't register the mouse click.
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 176
Location : here... i'm in here! let me out! *bang,bang,bang* let me out!
Main Character : pin, cleric of mystara
Other Character : kiir'iss, displaced drow bard of myth'sarel
NWN Username : titus
Time Zone : GMT-8:00
Registration date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Thanks. I was just going to login and test out researching. I'll work on fixing this issue first.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 pm

Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Epicre10

Please tell me this is not the intended appearance for the epic research options?

Its not usable in this form....

Clicking the "show available seeds" does nothing, so I cant even filter all the options down....
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:53 pm

OK, did another file update, and the options arent layered and smooshed anymore.... but still not legible.... there must be some way to make it bigger.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Got all the way to "set" option for the epic spell description, and it would not register the mouse click.

Still need a bigger graphic, too.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:55 am

The dispel seed - "Remove effects and 100% spell failure" is doing nothing at all.

I took the options single target, +20 DC, not silent, no caster level boost, double duration, no target restrictions, burn BoM, no HP burn, and no XP burn.

I cast it on a balor shaman who had a spell mantle up. He failed the save, mantle stayed up, and when breached it with a mord's, he immediately recast it. So there is no dispel and no spell failure being applied.

When the spell went off, there was also no visual effect on the target.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Empty A few bugs in one place...

Post by Eltarin Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:25 am

Lelts go here i type bugs i found my character (his name Ghazalid - reicarnated dwarf) For another peapole English is my 2 language... sorry for any bugs :p
commands not working:
;;em gold x - i type for example ;;em gold 1000000
;;em gold - shows corect amount of celestial gold for my 0
Gift of Travel and Gift of Time commads as in descryption for feat reicarnated -
;;tool teleport
;;tool timestop

In Dawnholm Libary when i select any seed i try all of them,
after select area of effect,silent casting,spell resistance caster level,save dc,limit targets,duration,burn xp,burn blood of magic,burn health,after set spell name is set descryption after command ;;em desc 1 Dark Portal and here enter is working but in research table button set is doing nothing? Maby bug maby not i don't know,im not sure what should by after that?

Thats all for now...
Eltarin
Eltarin
Commoner
Commoner

Male Number of posts : 4
Main Character : Ghazalid Terfarune
NWN Username : Ghazalid
Time Zone : Gmt 0 London
Registration date : 2012-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:46 am

What level and what class are you ?
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltarin Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:37 am

Level 40 30 Wizard / 10 Farstep Master
Eltarin
Eltarin
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Yes, the description setting buttin is not working currently. I had the same issue.

If you leave the description blank and simply finalize the spell it *may* still work.

Be aware that the epic magic system is still in beta stages and The Amethyst Dragon has plans to overhaul it eventually. In the meantime, proper functionality is not guaranteed. It has a number of bugs.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Eltarin Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:55 pm

I now i cant create epic spells now sou im just wainting for upgrade,in mean time i just collect gold end experince for creating epic spells...
Eltarin
Eltarin
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Vagabond Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:47 am

I really like the system, now, working almost perfectly with my new PC.

However, Improved Invis, permanent duration, is really that. Permanent. Stayed in the Beholders. Stayed after sleeping. Stayed after renewal potion. Which is very nice and what I consider when I think of permanent, but the invisibility stayed as well as the concealment, so no matter what I did and who I attacked, unless they had true seeing or were lucky they didn't attack back.

On the other hand, just making a Concealment seed with double duration didn't last anywhere near the advertised duration.

I almost hate to report when things are working *too* well, but you know, gotta squash the bugs Smile

...unless, of course, this is working as intended, in which case... it's working!

A_Vagabond
A_Vagabond
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Female Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Wowie, that kind of Improved Invisibility would work to give my shadow-plane-stuck shadow-child mage the full Etherealness that I want for her! Yeah, maybe we shouldn't fix that...
lol!
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Vagabond Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:55 am

Report: Wisdom buff seems broken. I made one, turns out it buffs Charisma instead. So, I made a CHR buff, and guess what? It buffs Charisma, also. Sad

So, I'll need to gather another 1M gold and 41K XP, and then I'll try an Int buff. I do have a str buff, and that one works fine, so I'm not sure where the issue is.

update: Int seems to work fine, too. So, I can't get my casting stat boosted, but everything else so far works. Poop.
A_Vagabond
A_Vagabond
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:56 am

Thanks for reporting.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Vagabond Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:38 am

Let me know if you find a bug. I'm just masochistic enough to try again.

Update: it seems to work now, after I re-researched the spell. The little bonus icon doesn't show, but that's true for several other stat boosts as well. I'll need to wait for reset to ensure that the new spell works, but so far, so good.

On an aside, the Conceal seed doesn't seem to actually confer concealment. The icon is there, and the status shows as concealment, but I have yet to see a **Miss chance 50%** message in the combat log.
A_Vagabond
A_Vagabond
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Vagabond Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:26 am

Noted: Epic Divine casters (at least my Druid) Do not have access to the Afflict Seed, even though it isn't listed as Arcane Only on the website.

I don't know if this was an intentional change or not, so I'm posting it as a possible bug.
A_Vagabond
A_Vagabond
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Vagabond Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:42 am

One more thing to check, whilst I could be wrong on this, it seemed that casting Epic Warding removed at least two of my armoring spells. That may have been a coincidence, I'm just reporting it as a possibility.
A_Vagabond
A_Vagabond
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:26 am

A_Vagabond wrote:One more thing to check, whilst I could be wrong on this, it seemed that casting Epic Warding removed at least two of my armoring spells. That may have been a coincidence, I'm just reporting it as a possibility.

Manny reported something similar if not identical, yes.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Vagabond Thu May 03, 2012 8:13 am

Here's a fun one. So, I've been looking at the transform seed, and it works as described, in that creatures in the area of effect are transformed. I've tried two so far, wolf and tree, and my observations are as follows:

Wolf: They become a wolf, they act like a wolf (sort of) insofar as they become non-hostile to druids (mostly), and can be Animal Empathy'd (sometimes) although that effect sometimes wears off immediately, sometimes lasts for a little while (a lot less than expected). It is funny to transform a Balor Hunter and then command him to attack the others. Smile Transformed undead lose their immunity to death magic (as would be expected). However, transformed creatures still retain a lot of their powers (spellcasting, beholder eyebeams, etc.). As described, there doesn't appear to be any kind of SR or save, but again, since they retain their HP and attacks/powers, there is little difference between poly's and non-poly'd enemies, outside of the Druid perks, above.

Tree: So then I thought, hey, why not make a tree transform? It'd be like Arbor Day/Johnny Appleseed, and that's good for a tree-hugging Druid, right? So I went and researched the new spell, cast it, and... the banditos turned into trees, and continued to "run around" the area, attacking me. They were like poorly modeled treants. The only effect seemed to be that I couldn't tell when they were being damaged until they died and disappeared. I was expecting some kind of cutscene immobilization effect at a minimum, but it seems that the only effect applied is a polymorph effect.

I would assume that sharks won't suffocate aboveground, for the same reason?

Not sure how many others have played with this particular seed, so I thought I'd share Smile
A_Vagabond
A_Vagabond
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Fri May 04, 2012 11:29 am

LOL, awesomesauce Smile

I havent tinkered with transform, myself, but as you stated, if the effect is little more than an appearance/creature type change, probably isn't worth it.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Fri May 18, 2012 6:13 pm

I haven't scoured this entire thread, but sonce my return, I've noticed several things working that were not before I left.

The Slay : Kill 1 Creature (1300 HPs) has no DC listed and has no save allowed to the enemy. It functions as per Power Word : Kill. If this is as intended, then removing the +X DC bonuses would be cool.

Kill and Animate Creature - it works wonderfully, except the animated creature is a renamed, reskinned Skeleton with 5-10 HPs and the other stats to match. I was under the impression that it was supposed to raise the actual creature you kill. If that's not how it's supposed to work, a slightly improved summon might be in order for your raised creature.

I have since also found that the Conjure : 2500 Gold effect is not functioning as far as I can tell. It does not appear in my Inventory, my Bank Storage or my Ethereal Gold stock.

(and while I'm at it) The Conjure : Ethereal Rift does not appear to function any longer either. I know this did at one time, but so far targeting myself or the ground I have gotten no effect. The effect should still be to enable to use of your Ethereal Chest where you create the point, am I right?
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sat May 19, 2012 3:56 pm

A_Vagabond wrote:
However, Improved Invis, permanent duration, is really that. Permanent. Stayed in the Beholders. Stayed after sleeping. Stayed after renewal potion. Which is very nice and what I consider when I think of permanent, but the invisibility stayed as well as the concealment, so no matter what I did and who I attacked, unless they had true seeing or were lucky they didn't attack back.

Created a 'semi'-permanent Improved Invisibility too. (Mostly since it fit very well to the character in question--and I could not see any other Illusion type spells than invis and displacement)

Did a bit of testing of my new magical spell after creating it, and found that enemies react to me when I attack, (but only the one being attacked at the time, others nearby remain docile or buffs themselves up Edit: Just found that other hostile creatures can - and will - attack if they are within whisper range, but only while I attack/make my presence known).
Creatures (such as Elder Beholders) with permanent True Sight, do react to me like normal (as it should be Razz). I give, it is a very powerful spell Twisted Evil , but not an impenetrable defense. Exclamation

Upon creating the epic spell however, I found that the set description button appeared 'stuck', as in, it didn't accept the description I had typed in using the ;;em desc command so I ended up with a blank description for now. Sad

Everything other stage in the creation worked fine. =)

Spoiler:

Edit: Discovered new bug: Selected Burn Blood of Magic when casting the spell, it does however not remove one from inventory.

Suggestion:
I think there should be a button so you can go back during the stages, without having to cancel the whole process and start over. Would make it easier to look at all the seeds, at least. Just my opinion though. Smile

Yet Another Edit! (Put under suggestion, since well, it's just that; a suggestion!)
I thought about this. Maybe, if possible, implement the 'permanent' Invisibility - Improved and Regular - that it's permanent (or almost, lasting until server reset as now), but once you attack an enemy/hostile foe the invisibility goes away (leaving the 50% concealment). Once you're done attacking, then after 30-60 seconds, the invisibility part returns.

It's likely a much more complex system, with a bunch of checks in place, but I think it could work (and would be less game-breaking then). Just a thought, though! Smile

Last edited by Angel of Death on Sat May 19, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sat May 19, 2012 8:50 pm

The Open Portal to the Dark Realm effect doesn't do anything as far as I can tell. I targeted the console, I targeted the ground near the rings and near the portal and I targeted myself at both of those spots and nothing.

Using the Teleport Unwilling Target seed will not affect the caster, even on a failed save. If that's intentional (since, if you're targeting yourself with teleportation magic, by default you are willing) then please disregard this one.

Was walking through into the portal with a Tenser's Floating Disc behond me, and it was given a free Philospher's Stone... who knew that Tenser's Floating Disc was a capable mage? Shocked

EDIT : I made two different spells using the Destroy Seed. I am fairly certain that they are both on the 35d6 damage, but not 100% sure. One is single target, +20 DC, Silent casting. It works wonders and detonates pretty much anything I hit with it. (As per the 9999 damage change) The other is an AoE version, silent cast. It does the base damage (~75) regardless of whether or not my targets make their save. { Seeing the mass Greater Ruin visual effect, however, is extremely satisfying }
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:22 pm

evilkittenofdoom wrote:
Using the Teleport Unwilling Target seed will not affect the caster, even on a failed save. If that's intentional (since, if you're targeting yourself with teleportation magic, by default you are willing) then please disregard this one.

Okay, so finally got enough XP to test out a new epic magic spell; went into the chamber and through the steps to create a new spell as explained in the magic tome placeable...

Epic Spell Data:
Spoiler:

Selected the Seed: Transportation, and "Teleport Unwilling Target" then went through the other steps and finalized the spell, which all went fine (except, couldn't set a description), and I then went to test out the spell on a target.

Here it was borked however. I did remember to select the new spell via the ;;em 1 command. Yet every time I tried to cast the spell all it did was spewing out a "!" in the chat box. silent

Don't think I did anything wrong...I imagined it worked like teleport spell, so remembered to select a location I had memorized prior to testing the epic spell too.

Ignore this post. I'm an idiot and forgot to select the spell properly ... (;;em slot1 x ...etc) before using the epic magic widget. -_-;:

Last edited by Angel of Death on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:56 am

Upon coming out of the Great Hall, I was given 8 uses of the Epic Magic feat, rather than the 4 I was eligible for at the time as a level 22 Cleric.

EDIT : AoE Buffing Epic Spells are also affecting placables in the area of effect. Unsure if that's intended or not.

EDIT 2 : The +50% Temporary Hit Points (Fortify Seed) is being removed by the Circle of Great Healing and Heal spells as well as the Asis Full heal potions.

EDIT 3 : The Divine Gift of Life [Deferred Self Rez (Fortify Seed)] is not returning you to life, claiming that there is no body. This was seen after dying to beholders. You are, however, refunded the XP.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:57 pm

If the beholder killed you with a disintegrate ray, then it is working as intended. Disintegrate does not leave a body behind to be raised from the dead or resurrected.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I'd agree with you that it makes sense, except a party member I was with shortly thereafter was able to rez me and vice versa.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:34 pm

daveyeisley wrote:If the beholder killed you with a disintegrate ray, then it is working as intended. Disintegrate does not leave a body behind to be raised from the dead or resurrected.

True.. it does however leave a bitter taste and a pile of ash.... similar to falling into lava....
((Four (4) real life years later and "Jay" still holds a grudge against "Alastair" and "Crideas" for that Smile Smile ) ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:45 pm

evilkittenofdoom wrote:I'd agree with you that it makes sense, except a party member I was with shortly thereafter was able to rez me and vice versa.

The successive occurrences were likely not to disintegration, then.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 pm

I used the token on that occurance as well (out of reflex) and got that message, THEN got rezzed by an ally. Furthermore, in both cases I took the 9999 damage that is typical of the disintegration ray.

Also : While you may or may not have seen this The Amethyst Dragon, I was using the +50% Temporary Hit Points (Fortify Seed) in an AoE, it was not hitting everyone that was indeed in the AoE. [Targets that were unaffected were closer to the center than some that were affected in some cases]
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Empty VC Command: ;;em help

Post by Angel of Death Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:23 pm

Just tried it. This vc command does not work. It was listed when I typed in the ;;help command, has it been changed and not updated or just plainly not work because of script issue? =)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm

RustyDios wrote:True.. it does however leave a bitter taste and a pile of ash.... similar to falling into lava....
((Four (4) real life years later and "Jay" still holds a grudge against "Alastair" and "Crideas" for that Smile Smile ) ....

You act as if we pushed you or something Razz
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm

Read that the casts per day for epic spells was supposed to be fixed....

I don't know about anyone else, but some of my epic casters now have the right number of casts, but others don't. My pure class cleric now has the right number of casts, and my multi-classed cleric/sorc/druid epic casters have the right number of casts too.

However all my multiclassed epic casting wizards have fubar numbers.

Agamemnon has 4 (should have 7) He's a wiz 32, animator 7, rogue 1, 43 base spellcraft
Angelica has 4 (should have 6) She's a wiz 26, rogue 13, Shadowdancer 1, 43 base spellcraft
Azura has 4 (should have 6) She's a wizard 29, farstep master 10, 41 base spellcraft

Auger's the odd one... He has 7 casts of epic magic per day, but shouldn't. He's a wizard 10/palemaster 30 with 43 base spellcraft. Not that I'm complaining about the extra casts on him (PMs get shafted when it comes to epic casts Razz) His casts per day by the book should be 5 (1 from PM levels, 4 from base spellcraft).

Wizard levels in multiclassed builds are the only link here.

I *think* that the problem is they're NOT getting their casts from their wizard levels. Azura's casts per day were 3 prior to getting the base 41 spellcraft yesterday.

Why Auger's is then all screwy in the opposite way, I don't know... It seems that with him, it's counting the base spellcraft (4 casts) and adding the PM levels at full value instead of half value.... IMO that's a good way to go anyhow.... a 30 PM still can't get as many casts per day as he would if he had gone straight wizard/sorc, but it's more than the single cast from class levels PMs are supposed to get under the half-value rule.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:04 pm

I'd rather see the PM formula become:

(PM level - 10)/10

So they max at 2 epic casts if ya to full bore PM. They get beefy bonuses in the first 10 levels, and the high end summons definitely don't suck... I understand maxing at 1 epic cast might be a bummer... But I think being able to get 3 is too many.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:02 pm

That's very true about the pre-epic bonuses and the high end epic level summons. There's significant drawbacks too though. Primary drawback is caster level. Auger's demilich has far higher caster level, but the downside is he can't control when or what the demilich casts at who. That's a sidepoint though.

Yeah... even 2 casts would be better than 1.

I think that 3 is acceptable though. Even with that, a fully devoted PM still has less epic casts than a fully devoted cleric/wiz/sorc/druid.

30 levels in any other epic casting class would still net 3 casts, plus leave those 10 remaining character levels for multiclassing...

Including multiclassing in 10 PM levels, for those same early PM beefy bonuses in the case of wizards and sorcerers

So... comparing a 10wiz/30 PM vs a 30 wiz/10 PM.... what're the primary differences? Both have beefy bonus, but one gets a better epic summon, while the other gets more epic casts and better caster levels for their 0-9th level spells.

I agree the lesser demilich does not suck at all, but especially in comparing the PM heavy vs Wiz heavy wizard/pm multiclass builds... there's no reason then to go full bore PM. Go only 10 PM for the beefy bonuses, and still get more epic casts and more caster levels. You don't get the lesser demilich, but the trade off is you get the bulk of the PM benefits and still get the epic castings and caster levels.

Overall, I just think that the 33 character levels a PM devotes should net the same benefit as the 30 character levels wizards/druids/clerics/sorcs invest.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Micteu Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:However all my multiclassed epic casting wizards have fubar numbers.

Agamemnon has 4 (should have 7) He's a wiz 32, animator 7, rogue 1, 43 base spellcraft
Angelica has 4 (should have 6) She's a wiz 26, rogue 13, Shadowdancer 1, 43 base spellcraft
Azura has 4 (should have 6) She's a wizard 29, farstep master 10, 41 base spellcraft

Auger's the odd one... He has 7 casts of epic magic per day, but shouldn't. He's a wizard 10/palemaster 30 with 43 base spellcraft.
That's odd. My wizard 32/rogue 8 with 43 Spellcraft has the correct amount of casts per day at 7.
Micteu
Micteu
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Male Number of posts : 50
Main Character : Don Enders
Other Character : Mack Gardenkin
Other Character. : Alan Milne
NWN Username : Micteu
Time Zone : GMT - 6
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:37 am

Yeah, it is odd.

I could chalk it up to some quirk of my not logging into game for a veeeeery long time, so whatever fix was done got applied to my characters' files in an odd manner or something.... BUT, the non-wizard epic casters have the right numbers now.... so it's just the wizards who are screwy.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:08 pm

Noticed something odd...

Angelica died, and I used a GoZ to come back to life. I didn't notice if it was right after she died or after the GoZ, but upon coming back, she had 8 casts of epic magic (She has 4 upon logging in after a reset, and should have 6)

I played around with the castings, and the casts are functional, she can cast 8 epic spells in a row. The only quirk is on the very first cast, she gets the "No more uses for this feat" message, however the exact wording is, although the spell DOES fire off despite the messaging. It doesn't pop again when using the 7th, 6th, on down towards last casting of epic magic.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:31 pm

Noticed this bug while trying to create an epic version of the gate spell to summon a celestial being (CR 40) ...

The research worked perfectly fine, both xp and gold was taken for it...but when I tries to summon the celestial being nothing happens except for a spellcraft roll vs DC 0 and a spoken "!" in the chat. Sad

Took a screenshot of the review costs/steps:
Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Epic-m10

Edit as of tonight 25/03 -- So, went to use up my last relevel scale to see if the Farstep Master's requirements had been fixed ...(sadly no)...but some good news came out of it anyway; after having leveled back up to 40, I discovered that this epic summoning spell works! Very Happy

Bad parts about is...
1) The celestial peacebringer is naked Razz
2) It doesn't look like a CR 40 celestial ...but I could be wrong I guess (a bit unsure how the CR is calculated) - It's level 15 (5 Outsider/10 Paladin), with some extra planar abilities and a pretty spiffy greatsword...not sure why it got the Two-Weapon Fighting and Brew Potions feats though. Would make more sense if it had WF: Greatsword ...or something similar.

Last edited by Angel of Death on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated report)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Epic Magic Bugs (merged threads) - Page 4 Empty Epic Magic Panel ...

Post by Angel of Death Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:19 pm

You know the place. To avoid spoilers:
Spoiler:

The 'Set' button for the epic spell description feature, does not work. It doesn't save the description after it's typed in...you can research the spell perfectly fine, you just can't make a description for it. Sad

On that note, I don't see the 'Afflict' seed button on the panel...and as far as I know, it's not restricted to a certain class.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:09 pm

So I've been toying with my old epic spells and noticed some recent changes since I was last about.

Conjure Ethereal Rift seems to be working just fine, though it does not create the swirly mark on the ground like it did when it was first released. I kinda liked it as an indicator that it is working correctly.

Manifest Dark Portal didn't seem to do anything when I tried it this time, but I also seem to have lost my Wanderer's Amulet somehow. I will try it on an active portal once I get a new one or on another character.

The new BoMs are really awesome, but since the change in appearance, they do not stack properly, even with themselves, when created via the Epic. They are also spawning unidentified, which I think is likely the culprit here. Mildly annoying, but perhaps the ones that are created that way could be tagged as Identified? That should clear up the issue.

My mass disintegration is still not insta-killing targets that fail their save, resulting in only 20d6 damage. The visual is just as satisfying, however.

The Hellball prefabricated epic seems to be a dud as well.

evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:49 pm

EKoD, I've just recently got into the Epic Magic, and as a newbie I don't really understand what all the seeds are about.

Could you tell me what Conjure Ethereal Rift actually does?  Does it give a portal for my character, or does it manifest something like a Black Blade or Earthquake against enemies?
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:12 pm

It creates a spot where you can then call your Ethereal Chest. A handy little thing to be able to call around at a moment's notice.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:52 pm

Ah! Thanks!
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:57 pm

Bumping for the benefit of new epic spellcasters
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackhand293 Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Just want to be clear, the epic dispel seeds are still not working, I found out the hard way that it was a really expensive way to see your opponents modified will save. 

Not sure which others have been fixed as yet.
Blackhand293
Blackhand293
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 16
Main Character : Rederin Bricel
NWN Username : Asimuth Black
Time Zone : EST
Registration date : 2014-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next