Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Instant Feats, huh?

2 posters

Go down

Instant Feats, huh? Empty Instant Feats, huh?

Post by daveyeisley Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 pm

So, while researching for my upcoming Feat Guide post, I cam across some very, very interesting information about how some feats don't require using the action queue (and hence taking up time just to "activate" them).

Specifically, I noted this line:

"A feat is specified as being an instant feat if its "ReqAction" column in feat.2da is 0. "

There are sure to be some feats we have in Aenea that this would make a *lot* of sense for.

Barbarian Rage, Blinding Speed, Fleet of Foot, I mean... the list would ostensibly be really long... I am in the middle of a project or I would add more.

Perhaps folks would be willing to post the names of feats they can think of that are "instant activation" in PnP, but currently require a round of "activation lag" in Aenea.

I am sure not all the feats we would think of would be possible to change in such a manner, but surely some of them would be doable... and it would certainly provide a gameplay benefit Smile

At least, I hope, anyways.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Instant Feats, huh? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Instant Feats, huh? Empty Re: Instant Feats, huh?

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Fleet of foot is already, sorta. I know if I'm moving with the WASD keys (yes, i know, that's a no-no), it activates without "stopping" my character do to the activation animation. Same with charge, and FSM teleporting.

Other feats I can think of that seem like they are 'instant'... firestarter, their "inner fire level" ability (forget what it's called off hand, the one that tells you how much inner fire you got left). Shifter-shapeshifting (druid wildshapes are instant already if you use the vC command, although the radials are still "activations"), Druid elemental shape shifting....
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:52 pm

(and just a side suggestion for fleet of foot... it acts more like the "run" feat in PnP rather than the PnP's "fleet of foot".... one of the benefits of PnP's "run" is you get a +5 bonus to jump checks.... I think it'd be great of the "fleet of foot" feat in Aenea gave a jump bonus too. Anything to make it more attractive a feat to take (why burn a feat on it when you can get speedy boots that don't require activation and provide a +10 jump bonus)
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down