Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff

4 posters

Go down

July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff Empty July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:53 am

New update hak and aenea.tlk file available, which go live on the server with the next reset and contain (as far as memory serves):

Katars - New version of kamas that look like "punch daggers". First ones will show up at the Focused Path in Macedone.

War Fans
- New version of kamas that look like decorative fans with blades sticking out of them. Entrom's Emporium will start out with these soon (check back every once in a while, he'll restock).

Ranger Spells - Rangers will be getting access to a few spells they didn't before:
jump (1st level)
charm person or animal (1st level)
owl's wisdom (2nd level)
repel vermin (3rd level)
dragonbow (4th level) - new spell: adds magic to caster's equipped longbow or shortbow (+1 to attack per 4 caster levels, +1 mighty per 2 caster levels, and +1 Str enhancement per 5 caster levels)
Note: scrolls of this spell will be added in a couple weeks, and existing scrolls of the other spells will get altered at that time so rangers can use them.

On Hit Cast Spell: Material, x property added to the game. Doesn't do anything yet (hasn't been scripted), but does appear on at least one new weapon found in shops mentioned above. I'll start scripting these in a couple weeks.

Boot Messages: After the next module update, when the game boots you for some reason (character retirement, server reset, etc.), the window that pops up saying you've been booted should start to actually tell you the reason. Smile Very handy for when there's a reset when you walk away from the computer for a few minutes and come back to the "you have been booted" message box.

Other various hak updates, many with models for me to build with later, one that wielders of certain weapons may notice right away (this one is a surprise! Smile ).

Hiatus - I wanted to get the new hak out there for everyone before I go mostly offline for a couple weeks. Got family time mixed with vacation away from the house (and my laptop). I'll jump back into coding and building when I return. My brain shall be working better by then, since I'll be getting out of the oppressive heat we've had here lately and will be able to spend time outdoors (maybe even in the rain!).

I'll still be checking my email (I'll have my phone with me) and might log into the forum once or twice a week just to make sure the game is still running. If it's not, due to a power outage or something, the server should power on itself when electricity comes back on, I'd just have to log onto it via my phone to restart the game monitoring/resetting software. I'm also going to do a full servervault and database backup tomorrow sometime before I leave. Smile If it does go down for any substantial length of time, feel free to email me and I'll see if I can fix it.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff Empty Re: July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:54 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:...wielders of certain weapons may notice right away....
Just wondering if anyone has noticed this particular change in the last couple weeks. If not, here's a little preview...it's a change for sonic weapons. Shocked

Spoiler:
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff Empty Re: July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff

Post by RustyDios Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:37 am

I noticed, Val's "Winter Dusk" kama used the sonic effect ... Smile ... I had to change her to using "holy".. The twin kama's she wields are suppose to be "bright white and bright red" (Winters Dusk and Summer Dawn) .... not that it matters she'll be switching to using punching daggers soon (and the visual effects don't quite line up with them all that well) ... ... ... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : July 7, 2011: Some Weapons and Spells and Stuff Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:11 am

I hadn't noticed that change; mainly because the sonic boost my PCs weapons do is too little to gain an aura effect. Very nice though! Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : CĂ©lestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:09 pm

I haven't been in game lately due to no stable internet connection...

But ooh, that looks really nice!
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down