Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizard Academy in Alatha

4 posters

Go down

Wizard Academy in Alatha Empty Wizard Academy in Alatha

Post by Angel of Death Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:57 am

Somehow I believe the Drop-dome (I think it was named that; it was something with 'dome' in it at least...) which takes you to a cavern beneath the School of Wizardry is bugged. I say I believe so, since I am not entirely sure (this being the first time I visit the area). Whenever I try to get back up to the Academy again by pulling the lever, the cutscene activates, but nothing happens after that. - Effectively making you stuck inside the dome capsule* (which closes when activating the lever). Its both plot tagged and locked. Sad

* Its named Magical Conveyance Doorway by the way.

I don't see any other way out of the cavern area after killing the boss and taking the magical rods than that the way I came into the area so I do think it's a bug that the cutscene just ends without taking you back up to the academy. Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Wizard Academy in Alatha Empty Re: Wizard Academy in Alatha

Post by daveyeisley Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Potions of escape should work, no?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Wizard Academy in Alatha Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:20 am

daveyeisley wrote:Potions of escape should work, no?

Jep, any means of teleportation would work to get out--if you doesn't have that means though, your screwed. Smile

Still believe this is a bug, and the dome is meant to be a two-way portal to and from the cavern underneath the School of Wizardry.

Correct me if I am wrong however! Wink
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:32 am

Also, respawns in this area below are quite rapid. While there should be great numbers, one should still be able to search the area without fighting the same numbers as often.

And The Amethyst Dragon may wish to consider buffing up the Boss encounter a bit; rather anti-climactic after the huge battles it takes to make it there.

Note: for myself, I had to use Teleport magic to get into that area in the first place, as I was unable to locate a key to the final door. I used Teleport magic to escape the dome in much the same way.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:14 am

Ya know... on a side note... it strikes me that there are probably more than a couple areas where a player who lacks teleportation could get "stuck"...

I think a VC command for a free, emergency teleport back to the vale might be a good thing, perhaps usable only once per 24 game hours (resting would not replenish)? Just an automated way to get "unstuck" in such cases? I am thinking it shouldn't work in teleport blocked areas, either.... but I could see benefits to allowing it, too.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 am

daveyeisley wrote:Ya know... on a side note... it strikes me that there are probably more than a couple areas where a player who lacks teleportation could get "stuck"...

I think a VC command for a free, emergency teleport back to the vale might be a good thing, perhaps usable only once per 24 game hours (resting would not replenish)? Just an automated way to get "unstuck" in such cases? I am thinking it shouldn't work in teleport blocked areas, either.... but I could see benefits to allowing it, too.

Possibly make it a call to any deity for some cost in piety?
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:43 pm

I would say no, not with how agonizingly unfun it is to try and raise piety as-is. There's a reason you really don't see anyone using deity blessings that often.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:44 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:I would say no, not with how agonizingly unfun it is to try and raise piety as-is. There's a reason you really don't see anyone using deity blessings that often.

Then how about a small XP loss which could create XP debt if need be? Just say it was deity intervention, and save the piety for actual death.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:33 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:I would say no, not with how agonizingly unfun it is to try and raise piety as-is. There's a reason you really don't see anyone using deity blessings that often.

This I am sad to say, is painfully correct.

We once upon a time called for a reduction in piety gains, but... well, I think our purple friend hit them a little too hard with the nerf bat.

I dont think there should be a cost associated with an automated "get unstuck" feature, since it isnt the player or PCs fault they got stuck... it would be a module issue/bug. Yes, I know we would have no way of enforcing that it only be used in emergencies to get a PC unstuck, but I would rather players get a free escape once a day than have the chance of a PC not being able to get unstuck, or needing to pay for getting unstuck when it wasnt their fault.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:13 am

daveyeisley wrote:

This I am sad to say, is painfully correct.

We once upon a time called for a reduction in piety gains, but... well, I think our purple friend hit them a little too hard with the nerf bat.

Really? I know that it's quite hard at low levels to gain piety; but once you get to the 30-40s it becomes easy enough. Why, my monk have a piety of 12k...hardly noticed it though since the favor I get from Gort is usually a horse, and horses isn't of much use for a level 40 monk. Razz
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:17 am

Really? I know that it's quite hard at low levels to gain piety; but once you get to the 30-40s it becomes easy enough. Why, my monk have a piety of 12k...hardly noticed it though since the favor I get from Gort is usually a horse, and horses isn't of much use for a level 40 monk. Razz

To instruct the rider on the meaning of the phrase, "Whoa"?! lol!
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level