What day is today? Calendar reform!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What day is today? Calendar reform!

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:41 am

I dunno, it seems interesting ... check it out for yourself at Hanke-Henry Permanent Calendar!
avatar
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 3798
Age : 44
Location : Hollidaysburg, PA, USA
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 04:00 EST
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Re: What day is today? Calendar reform!

Post by Angel of Death on Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:32 pm

This is probably old news for most people, but still, it's related to the topic (somewhat) and interesting/worth knowing. Smile

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/27/world/samoa-dateline/index.html
avatar
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Age : 403
Location : Europe
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What day is today? Calendar reform!

Post by Svair on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:55 am

Eric of Atrophy wrote:I dunno, it seems interesting ... check it out for yourself at Hanke-Henry Permanent Calendar!

When I visited his website, the design/layout alone made me almost dismiss him as a crank. I thought it was going to be another "Timecube". Turns out he's a bit more legit than that and it's an interesting proposal (but I'm not convinced by far).
avatar
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1174
Age : 45
Location : Seattle, WA
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What day is today? Calendar reform!

Post by Angel of Death on Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:44 pm

Svair wrote:
Eric of Atrophy wrote:I dunno, it seems interesting ... check it out for yourself at Hanke-Henry Permanent Calendar!

When I visited his website, the design/layout alone made me almost dismiss him as a crank. I thought it was going to be another "Timecube". Turns out he's a bit more legit than that and it's an interesting proposal (but I'm not convinced by far).

Meh. . .I am not very impressed by it either, and I cannot really see many would change to that calendar system. Neutral

One thing which I did like about it, was the fact that my birthday would permanently fall on a Sunday...but you cannot really change calendar systems on basis of that alone. XD
avatar
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Age : 403
Location : Europe
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What day is today? Calendar reform!

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:10 pm

aw ... why not? XP
avatar
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 3798
Age : 44
Location : Hollidaysburg, PA, USA
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 04:00 EST
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Re: What day is today? Calendar reform!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum