Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used: Pay the ferryman with Soul gems

2 posters

Go down

Used: Pay the ferryman with Soul gems Empty Used: Pay the ferryman with Soul gems

Post by daveyeisley Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:34 pm

Currently the ferryman, Ghah, I believe his name is, charges a certain type of gem for a ride in his conveyance.

Due to the flavor of the individual in question and his apetites, I would suggest a change to soul gems. Or perhaps the option to use one or the other.

Another thought would be to offer reduced rates on group travel Razz

In other words, dont make a group of 4 people each pay individually, thats *really* pricy. Perhaps have the script tack on a small charge per extra passenger (PCs who are in party, and also in the same area).

Lastly, the trasnition is fine to the new area... but travl being one-way is a p.i.t.a. due to lack of teleportation, etc. Perhaps fashion some free method of travel to get back at least to the portal entrance if not to the ferryman, that does not require walking the whole way out on foot only to then trek back to re-enter the portal. Its just tedious, you know?

daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Used: Pay the ferryman with Soul gems Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Used: Pay the ferryman with Soul gems Empty Re: Used: Pay the ferryman with Soul gems

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Used for next module update.

Ghah will start taking soul gems instead of blood of magic. 2 for a one-way trip or 1 per party member for a group.

There will also be a way back that doesn't involve a cost (in gems).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com