Lady Ramana's Fine Apparel Designs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:08 pm

((Small elegant placards in fancy gold lettering on black-toned parchment can be seen on various bulletin boards in Inns and shoppes:))

Are you tired of wearing your traveling clothes all the time, but unsatisfied with the off-the-rack look of casual and lounge wear?

Or can't find anything that really suits your complexion, or fits right around those wings or tail?

Just don't have the patience, or can't really seem to make something really stunning, with self-service alterations?

Or you can't find the perfect shade in standard dyes?

Did you get your armor back from the wizard's nicely enchanted, but somewhat not entirely right in appearance?

Come to Lady Ramana, the award-winning designer with the expert solution for all your apparel needs!

Designs for everything from that knockout professional suit or armor, to stylish casual wear, to elegant evening attire, or for any type of special occasion.

Designs in finer fabrics and high-quality leather, all custom-tailored and custom-dyed to perfectly compliment your physique and your complexion!

Designs from scratch, or alterations done on any cloth or light or medium armor suits.

(No enchantments performed, please consult a wizard crafter for that. Save that busy wizard's time and bring your garment here first to set the perfect look, or do feel free to bring your garment by afterwards for a touch-up.)

(No work done on heavy armor, please consult a metalsmith for that.)

Please leave a message with Miss Talissa at the Sleeping Dragon Inn with your particulars and where you can be reached, and Lady Ramana will get back to you about an appointment.

Lady Ramana's Fine Apparel Designs, setting the fashion trend.

Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1033
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Lady Ramana's Fine Apparel Designs

Post by Angel of Death on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 am

Anna leaves, what appears, like a blank piece of paper folded two times at the center with Talissa, along with a generous amount of clinging gold coins for her, to be passed on to Lady Ramana next time she comes by the Sleeping Dragon. The paper, having been magical sealed, activates upon Ramana's touch and when it's opened up a cool flame flare up and write the message in a flamboyant ink on the paper...

"Ramana,
I heard of your business and after a quick look at my wardrobe, would like to order an elegant evening attire, as well as a more casual dress for everyday use. Both should be in the colour purple - which, if you have not guessed it already, are my favourite colour.

* The evening dress maybe in lavender or violet? ...but a darker hue of purple would do too.
* The casual dress, I'll leave entirely to you.

Both designs I shall leave to your imagination, I trust you will make something which will look good on me."

*Below that, all the necessary measures needed appears.*

-Signed;

Anna, the Weaver of Illusions.

Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:22 am

Ramana picks up her mail from Miss Talissa. The first item of interest was a letter from the builders, relating that her bid on the property near Gorona had been accepted, and that they would be traveling there forthwith to survey it for her manor. That was certainly the best of news.

Then she looks over the magically-sealed document, and as she wonders about its safety and whom it's from, it opens in her hands, revealing a missive from Miss Anna. A smile comes over her face as she realizes it's a dressmaking commission. Just the perfect thing to rescue her from her recent ennui, seemingly caused by her other self Ranara absconding with a goodly portion of Ramana's motivational drive. About the only thing that had held any interest for her recently was tinkering with the plans for her new manor. Her mind momentarily drifts to imagining the planned lovely dressmaking shoppe on the ground floor, where she would have a nice elegant place to attend to her clients.

Clearing her mind, her attention returns to the missive. Her trained eye notes the flamboyant yet meticulous style of the script, and the quality of the paper. All which tells her a bit more about Anna's style, towards what degree of dare she would go for in dress. Bold, yet refined. She recalls that her new client is gnomish, and her mind starts to spark with inspiration about the design --recalling her tricks for balancing the look for a smaller figure, including visually breaking up the line of the sleeves, since gnomish persons often have arms just a tad long. She couldn't recall if Miss Anna did have that feature, but it wouldn't hurt to incorporate it....

Ramana pens a reply and leaves it for Miss Anna.

Miss Anna,

I'd be ever so pleased to work up a few designs in evening wear and casual attire, then we can arrange an appointment for you to choose which you favor most.

I'm quite excited to see what I can do with all my various lavenders and purples.

Thank you for the commission, I'll be able to set right to it!

Ramana
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:16 pm

I would be interested in your take on a stylish Wizard's Robe.

-Crideas
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6831
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 am

Ramana was standing right beside a green crystal, southwest of Gorona, contemplatively staring at the Elven woods far off to the west. The Wyrmwood, she'd heard it called. A thick forest with few stories about it, which either meant that it was uninteresting, or not well-traveled... or, not well-survived. Personally, she'd bet on the side opposite of uninteresting. She was keen to explore it, when she felt a bit stronger. But she just didn't know when she'd feel entirely herself again.

With a bit of a pop and flash, something appeared and hovered in front of her. Startled, it took her a moment before she realized that it was a paper. Cautiously, she finally reached out and plucked it out of the air. Opening it to find it a note from Master Crideas, she could only smile to herself. Two mages in as many days, with their ingenious communiques. It was always interesting with a mage around, kept one on one's toes, it did.

She took out her parchment and penned a reply. She'd drop it into the regional post in the city before transporting to Mistborne, where she was planning to camp for a few days while working on her commission for Miss Anna.

My dearest Master Crideas,

How delightful to receive a letter from you, and no less than a request from you for my tailoring services! I was, in fact, just thinking of writing you! To tell you of my wonderful news of finally closing on an estate property.

We should do tea very soon, so that we may discuss your attire desires, and I can tell you more of my own news. I'll be at the Rising Sun group home in Mistborne for the next few days, sewing in their workshop, please do look me up there.

Warmly,
Ramana
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Ramana dropped off a note with Miss Talissa, hoping that Miss Anna would be by soon to check her mail.

Miss Anna,

I have a few designs basted up and awaiting your review, and eager to show them to you!

Please let us arrange a meeting at your convenience.

At the moment I am staying in Macedone at the Temple of Jewel, attending a celebration of Autumndusk.

If you come by and I've stepped out, I'll leave word with Jana about where or how long I'll be gone.

Ramana
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 pm

Ramana Jala wrote:Ramana dropped off a note with Miss Talissa, hoping that Miss Anna would be by soon to check her mail.

Miss Anna,

I have a few designs basted up and awaiting your review, and eager to show them to you!

Please let us arrange a meeting at your convenience.

At the moment I am staying in Macedone at the Temple of Jewel, attending a celebration of Autumndusk.

If you come by and I've stepped out, I'll leave word with Jana about where or how long I'll be gone.

Ramana

Anna, feeling she's accomplished much in her spell research, decides on a rare break and gets off her chair in the inner most sanctum of the abandoned Wizardry School in Alatha which she has come to call 'home'. She stretches and rolls her head from side to side, before gathering her staff and cloak and imagines the exterior outside the Sleeping Dragon Inn; in the blink of an eye she's whisked away from where she was standing and stands looking up at the weathered sign of aforementioned Inn.

"It's been a while since I visited this town", she says as her eyes take in the surroundings before making her way to the front door and enters the Inn. "I wonder if Lady Talisha got any messages left fo--" ...barely able to finish her sentence she hears Talisha's voice call out to her from behind the bar. "'Greetings, Lady Anna! Good of you to visit again, I have a message to you".
Anna chuckles softly let's her previous sentence trail off unfinished as her eyes turns toward the bar-maiden. She draws up her cloak around her, whisking herself away from the doorstep and moves across time and space to stand in front of Talisha, which reaction is that of surprise as the petite gnomish lady suddenly appears in front of her. "A message you say? Should nott by chance be from Lady Ramana, would it?" She smiles up at the woman.
The human woman shakes herself out of the surprise and returns the smile, "Ah, yes ...that would be correct. Let me get it." She rummages through a small box under the counter and returns momentarily afterward to hand Anna the letter. "Here it is, miss Anna". Anna takes the letter and leaves a pouch of gold coins on the counter. "Thank you, keep the change. Oh...and give me a glass of grape wine, please".
She turns around on her heel and moves with resolute steps toward a chair in a quiet corner of the room, to read her letter while awaiting her drink. As the waitress arrives with her drink she's read the letter and comtemplates quietly over what Ramana might have come up with for her request.
Anna looks up at the woman with a smile as she sets the drink on the table, "Ah. Thank you, missus". I shall not be here for long, seems as though I have business in Macedone City...I shall be sure to leave a generous tip for you when I leave though, for you speedy service.

Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top