Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Go down

Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Svair on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:25 pm

I logged online with my PC Karamip. I equipped her main weapon of several years, a heavily modified Impaler spear renamed "Riskbreaker", and noticed that the haft appeared invisible (I had re-downloaded the latest files this last week).

When I went to unequip the weapon, it disappeared from her menu bar and her inventory. Instead, there was regular Impaler in her menu.

I hope that it would be possible to replace the weapon. Unfortunately, I don't remember everything that it had.

A partial list when using the Dwarf's services can be found here here, and includes properties such as:

  • +d6 Piercing
    +d6 Slashing
    +d6 Bludgeoning
    Wounding DC: 14
    Massive Crits (d12)


From memory, it also included that usual:
    +5 Enh Bonus
    The assorted Crystals (elemental, improved Crit)


as well as:
    "Bludgeoning" Property
    "Flaming" appearance


And, of course, the Impaler's normal properties.

Additionally, the spear's look had been modified before future versions become "locked".

I know that there were other qualities attached over the last few years, but those are all I can remember at this time - I certainly wouldn't ask for additional adjustments in the future were it possible to restore this item.

Am I able to get DM's help with this? Please let me know...


avatar
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1175
Age : 46
Location : Seattle, WA
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 pm

I'll get to work on it tonight.

_________________
.
------------------------------------- The Amethyst Dragon -------------------------------------
Creator of Aenea | Custom Content Maker | Dungeon Master | Builder | Scripter | Writer | Player | Sleepless
avatar
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7837
Age : 42
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Svair on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:21 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:I'll get to work on it tonight.

Woo hoo!

I feel positively guilty about making this request considering all that it might involve.

When I lost the weapon, I slowly pushed myself away from the desk - my wife asked me what was wrong. Sad
avatar
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1175
Age : 46
Location : Seattle, WA
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:23 am

Sorry, I was unaware anyone had modified a copy of that weapon. What happened is I added a small bit to the activation script that would swap in a new version to fix the error in the appearance due to the reforged weapon models.

I'm going to create a properly tagged copy so that the item update anvil will replace your lost one. I'm also changing the code so that when it swaps out the old for the new, it'll check and copy over any permanent properties to the new one before getting rid of the old one.

So much for my thought of..."Why, what a quick and easy way of fixing the appearance of all those spears already out there!"

Rolling Eyes

_________________
.
------------------------------------- The Amethyst Dragon -------------------------------------
Creator of Aenea | Custom Content Maker | Dungeon Master | Builder | Scripter | Writer | Player | Sleepless
avatar
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7837
Age : 42
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Svair on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:15 am

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:...So much for my thought of..."Why, what a quick and easy way of fixing the appearance of all those spears already out there..."

Now I feel even more guilty pale I am truly grateful though.
avatar
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1175
Age : 46
Location : Seattle, WA
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 am

No need to feel guilty about an oversight on my part. And next time you log in, use the item updating anvil and it should swap out the spear for you. I even gave it a proper dragon bone shaft. Razz

_________________
.
------------------------------------- The Amethyst Dragon -------------------------------------
Creator of Aenea | Custom Content Maker | Dungeon Master | Builder | Scripter | Writer | Player | Sleepless
avatar
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7837
Age : 42
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Svair on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:33 am

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:No need to feel guilty about an oversight on my part. And next time you log in, use the item updating anvil and it should swap out the spear for you. I even gave it a proper dragon bone shaft. Razz

Whoah! You remembered that!? It's been almost 2 years since I mentioned the haft's origins. Thanks!

avatar
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1175
Age : 46
Location : Seattle, WA
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:25 pm

Svair wrote:
The Amethyst Dragon wrote:No need to feel guilty about an oversight on my part. And next time you log in, use the item updating anvil and it should swap out the spear for you. I even gave it a proper dragon bone shaft. Razz
Whoah! You remembered that!? It's been almost 2 years since I mentioned the haft's origins. Thanks!
Nope. It was in the post you linked to in the item upgrades thread. And since I'd made a spear shaft with a bone texture already, I just changed it for your fixed spear.

_________________
.
------------------------------------- The Amethyst Dragon -------------------------------------
Creator of Aenea | Custom Content Maker | Dungeon Master | Builder | Scripter | Writer | Player | Sleepless
avatar
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7837
Age : 42
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Svair on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:47 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:Nope. It was in the post you linked to in the item upgrades thread. And since I'd made a spear shaft with a bone texture already, I just changed it for your fixed spear.

Well, it's to your credit and the world you created that I would believe it possible that you might remember. Very Happy
avatar
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1175
Age : 46
Location : Seattle, WA
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by DPLincoln on Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Pretty awesome you remembered.
avatar
DPLincoln
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Male Number of posts : 59
Age : 47
Location : Texas
Registration date : 2012-03-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Angel of Death on Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:05 am

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:Sorry, I was unaware anyone had modified a copy of that weapon. What happened is I added a small bit to the activation script that would swap in a new version to fix the error in the appearance due to the reforged weapon models.

I'm going to create a properly tagged copy so that the item update anvil will replace your lost one. I'm also changing the code so that when it swaps out the old for the new, it'll check and copy over any permanent properties to the new one before getting rid of the old one.

The underlined, bold part. I think that's the reason for why my blazing stick suddenly gained, not only the new club appearance, but also two unique power self only. ^^;

Solution: Maybe make it possible for the script to only check for permanent property upgrades beside the unique power, basically excluding the unique power it starts out with...or something like that. Not sure if that's possible. Smile
avatar
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Age : 403
Location : Europe
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Ramana Jala on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 am

Angel of Death wrote:I think that's the reason for why my blazing stick suddenly gained, not only the new club appearance, but also two unique power self only.

As I just mentioned here, having been reminded of an incident by this thread, about two weeks ago my Blazing Staff changed to a Blazing Club. Which I thought was only because of some properties of the illegal area I'd stepped into at the time.

avatar
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1032
Location : Earth, Sol system, in the Mutter's Spiral galaxy
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Angel of Death on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Ramana Jala wrote:
Angel of Death wrote:I think that's the reason for why my blazing stick suddenly gained, not only the new club appearance, but also two unique power self only.

As I just mentioned here, having been reminded of an incident by this thread, about two weeks ago my Blazing Staff changed to a Blazing Club. Which I thought was only because of some properties of the illegal area I'd stepped into at the time.


Just to clarify. My post wasn't focused on the change in appearance/item type for the blazing staff, since that was changed on purpose by The Amethyst Dragon, it's that the new script code made it so that the item now have two unique powers which does exactly the same--which are kinda redundant. ^^;
avatar
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Age : 403
Location : Europe
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Svair on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:24 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:No need to feel guilty about an oversight on my part. And next time you log in, use the item updating anvil and it should swap out the spear for you. I even gave it a proper dragon bone shaft. Razz

I've logged in several times to use the Anvil, but it appears that the spear is not being replaced. I'm not in a hurry or impatient, just thought I'd give it a mention. :-)
avatar
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1175
Age : 46
Location : Seattle, WA
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Ramana Jala on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:44 am

My Impaler remained with an invisible shaft on its avatar and portrait for a long time, but that seems fixed today.

However it also does have that issue with the two Use options, redundant identical functions.
avatar
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1032
Location : Earth, Sol system, in the Mutter's Spiral galaxy
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Karamip: Lost "Riskbreaker" [Modified Impaler]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum