Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion: Improvements to Elementals

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion: Improvements to Elementals Empty Suggestion: Improvements to Elementals

Post by Angel of Death Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:19 am

Something which has never really made sense to me, is how water elementals in their natural element suffers a severe Hit Point lose when attempting to drown people...it doesn't make sense, in that, there's plenty of water for them to use...
So, my suggestion is slight a change in the drown attack to recognize whether the user is in an underwater area or on the surface. If the former, the elemental does not suffer the severe hit point lose.

It makes them a much more challenging opponent! Smile

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited title to match more suggestions in this thread.)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Improvements to Elementals Empty Re: Suggestion: Improvements to Elementals

Post by Ramana Jala Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:07 am

That's an interesting idea, I would tend to agree that a water elemental in water (lake, sea, or swamp) would probably be able to quickly resupply its form (hitpoints via regeneration).

I might illustrate my view by relating some things about the water elemental companion of my ranger (soon to be reborn, working on the RP and custom item). Her essence is contained in a ring, and when she is called, she forms by drawing from all the free water in the immediate environment. Thus, she will gather tears, sweat, a puddle on the ground, water from a horse's trough, rain, etc.. And certainly she should be able to be renewed while in vicinity of any body of water.

So far, I've RP'd her defeat and dissolution in battle as her being dispersed faster than she could resupply, but I would prefer they have regeneration, as AoD suggests.

Aquar
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Suggestion: Improvements to Elementals Empty Re: Suggestion: Improvements to Elementals

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:27 pm

Good ideas!
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:36 am

I wonder if a corollary to this, about the Water Elemental being regenerated while in areas containing a body of water, would be some enhancement for the other Elementals, when they are in the presence of a very strong form of their native element?

Air Elementals - regenerated by turbulent winds, such as in mountain areas

Fire Elementals - regenerated by intense heat, such as in lava areas

Earth Elementals - regenerated by closeness to deep earth energies, such as in deep caves

Having to be in the presence of a very strong form of their native elemental energy would get past the obvious issue of air and earth being everywhere.

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:05 am

Edited: thread title

More good ideas.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 pm

Ramana Jala wrote:I wonder if a corollary to this, about the Water Elemental being regenerated while in areas containing a body of water, would be some enhancement for the other Elementals, when they are in the presence of a very strong form of their native element?

Air Elementals - regenerated by turbulent winds, such as in mountain areas

Fire Elementals - regenerated by intense heat, such as in lava areas

Earth Elementals - regenerated by closeness to deep earth energies, such as in deep caves

Having to be in the presence of a very strong form of their native elemental energy would get past the obvious issue of air and earth being everywhere.

To add onto this:

* The earth elementals made entirely of sand in Calithia's desert should be able to regenerate in, well, very sandy earth too (beaches and the desert).

* The magma elementals found in certain places in Aenea should be able to regenerate when near spots with magma streams and lakes.

sunny
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down