A hak question

Go down

A hak question Empty A hak question

Post by Angel of Death on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 am

I found a tileset override which overrides one of bioware's tilesets and makes it much prettier. But the author made it into a hak file instead of an override version.

I don't got much experience about hak conversion, so I was curious if it's possible to extract aforementioned hak via the nwhak utility and place the files in the override folder. Does that work at all, or is that something more needed in order for it to work? Smile

Help is very much appreciated! sunny

~AoD
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

A hak question Empty Re: A hak question

Post by MannyJabrielle on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:10 pm

It should work.

Which hak is it? I know there's one that boosts up the graphic quality of the default bio tilesets, and they work great, although there were one or two tiles which added in obstructions that aren't present in the default versions.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:29 pm

If it's just an override and all the tiles (etc) are named the same as the default bioware ones, then yes it should work exactly how you have described.... start off with a clean override folder and extract everything, see how it goes......
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : A hak question Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:45 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:
Which hak is it? I know there's one that boosts up the graphic quality of the default bio tilesets, and they work great, although there were one or two tiles which added in obstructions that aren't present in the default versions.
This one by zwerkules. It improves the graphics of the bioware interior tileset greatly, in my opinion... Smile

Edit: An update It seems to sort of work...but then again...not really. What I mean is, the ceilings which zwerk's interior tileset override includes does appear when you extract the files from the hak and place them in the override folder. All the lovely textures does not appear for some reason though Sad
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 am

The missing textures may be due to:

a) you forgot to extract those files and put them in the override folder

b) the textures have the same filenames as the textures for the BioWare tilesets, but in a format that doesn't work for an override. For instance, if the new textures are .tga files, and BioWare made .dds versions of the same files, the game will use the older .dds versions before resorting to override-folder .tga versions.

The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7839
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 pm

I'm thinking it's the latter then, not that it matters anymore anyway. I found another way to get the facelift functionality of zwerk's work through the use of the patch hak folder. Smile

I can't believe I did not know about that way before now...it's a much cleaner way, and you don't have to mess with a bunch of files in the override. Surprised
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down