Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'.

3 posters

Go down

A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'. Empty A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'.

Post by Anthroplayer Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:41 pm

Dear people of the Vale, I know as one of the few local druids it is my duty to watch over and keep in check the creatures of the forest in addition to being a negoatiator of the town. However even when my most hated enemy, the goblins who dwell n the woods began dieing off due to starvation and making much more erratic schemes, I could not help but pity them, and as inhabitants of my area, it was only in best interests for them and others that they be saved from an fate that would have surely wiped them out of the area.

Therefore, I would like to admit it was I, Rick Sanneset that went into two local farms and stole from one 5 cattle and another 8 chickens to help save these creatures from death through this cold harsh season that we've been enduring.

I know that this might have angered some, but I would like to state that is was through my protection of the town and elimination of many goblins that there has been an excess of livestock, and it is well known that if these animals were not givin to the goblins, they likely would have been killed to make room for the other animals who alredy have very little to eat due to abundance at the farms.

If it is desired by the mayor that I be punished by a fine for the animals seizure, than I will be more than happy to pay for it, but please, remember that even if you hate your neighbors, like I hate the goblins from time to time, it is only proper to show respect on occasion.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'. Empty Re: A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'.

Post by daveyeisley Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:33 am

To be sure, it is important to find a balance in nature.

However, can you tell us what the benefit is of having mean-spirited and aggressive goblins living near the outlying farmsteads?

Those goblins are perfectly capable of hunting wild animals for their food. It is through pure laziness that they steal from farmers. At the least, if they wish to be fed from the "abundance" of said farmers, there should have been an *exchange* of goods to renumerate the farmers. The goblins have armor and weapons that would easily pay for their food if they wished it so.

Stealing is wrong. No matter the intent behind it. Could you not have afforded to *buy* the cattle and chickens before giving them to a nearby threat?

You may believe you have helped the situation, but in truth, your attempt to aid these creatures was off the mark. If you wish to help them, and also protect the Vale, then you must guide them to a path that does not involve theft of other's property nor violence upon their neighbors.

-Crideas Bane
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'. Empty Re: A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'.

Post by Skywatcher Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:21 pm

Let me make sure I understand. You appointed yourself protector, and then stole cows and other livestock from their owner, justifying your actions as your due for that protection. I think perhaps you owe the owner of the livestock you stole restitution, and then you need to submit yourself to be judged according to the laws of the land.

Contrariwise, you could just ask them what they plan to do about it, make you pay for them? Fat chance of that.

Bottom line, once you reach a certain point of progression, it is only your own self control and desire to be seen a certain way that bind you to the laws of the community. Where do you want to be in that continuum?
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 551
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
. : A message posted on the local noteboard 'An sincere apology'. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down