Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More

5 posters

Go down

Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More Empty Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm planning on putting out a hak update on the 18th (in a couple of days).  A couple of files will get updated.

aeneahak_q.hak - removing a bunch of redundant creature models that are in Project Q
aeneahak_updates.hak - adding some stuff
aenea.tlk - adding new lines for a new blink spell, adding missing lines for level selectable scrolls of detect good, detect evil, and magic stone

Heavy Iron:

I've never been terribly fond of the NWN iron golem model, so I put a bit of time in last night and today to whip up a replacement.  Mine is based on the Q stone golem.  It's darker, bulkier, and looks more like animated iron than a "tiny-headed, weak-waisted robot in a D&D game".  I also made two variants, one partially rusted and one completely rusted.

Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More Hak_ju10

Older Cities:

Macedone will be getting retextured so that it looks a bit more like it's been lived in for a long time.  Any other location that uses teh "city exterior" tileset will also get retextured.

Earth Elementals:

I did a little experimenting with textures, and I'll be adding two new elemental models.  These should start to show up in-game in the near future when someone summons up an elemental in certain locations.  I made a lava & obsidian version (for when summoned under Sunset Cauldron, inside Forge, or in the Dark Realm), and I made a sand & rock version (for when summoned underwater).  Elemental properties won't change in these cases, just the appearance.

Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More Hak_ju11

A Little More:

Clay & Stone Golems: I finally located the problem with the Project Q golems and their lack of animations and fixed it for this upcoming hak update.

Web Placeables by PLUSH HYENA of DOOM: I'm adding some improved web placeable models that should blend better with their environments.

Forge Placeable: I'm adding a new model for blacksmith forges, converted a while ago  from NWN2 by thegeorge.  This model just wasn't included in the CEP, so I didn't have it before.

Beehive Placeables: Found a good beekeeper's hive in with the NWN2 conversions by thegeorge.  I'm also working on a "wild" beehive model.  Both will be used as sources of harvestable honey (wild ones replacing a couple of existing ones and beekeeper's ones will be added to several farms).

Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More Is_blink blink - Cycles 100% concealment for 3 seconds, then no concealment for 3 seconds, repeating for 1 round/level (simulating becoming partially ethereal for short moments). 3rd level bard spell.

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : adding info on blink spell)
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More Empty Re: Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More

Post by Eric of Atrophy Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Sweet sweet sweet! Those heavy irons look wicked! Hey, any chance that you can add some armor parts from PHoD? Not the big-chest ones, but the foot/shin/thigh/pelvis parts ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More Empty Re: Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More

Post by RustyDios Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:38 am

Wow! Really loving those Golem models.. gives me an idea for a "war torn" dungeon... loads of Golems in one half... leading to tunnels with rust monsters in the other half.. the PC would enter in the "middle" of the major conflict area... maybe a quest in place from the Golem creator to rid the place of rusties; "bring me sixty rust monster carapace and a leg from the rusties queen"....

I want a good two hours free from chores to log in game and get some playtime in .... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Jul. 18, 2013: Heavy Iron, Older Cities, Earth Elementals, and a Little More Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:50 pm

That's pretty awesome; those iron golems are so much better looking than the default bioware appearance! Loves the elemental spin, too! Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:19 am

Decided to throw in a new spell for bards at the last minute.  Edited 1st post here to slip it in at the end.

Time to start compressing files to get them uploaded. Smile
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:36 am

The Heavy Irons are awesome! Very, very sweet creatures! Only thing that bugs me is how they kick - I would've thought that something so heavy couldn't pull off a forward flying kick the way they do. Helluva cool, though. And the fixed animations for the stone golem are awesome, as well. (Didn't have a chance to see the clays in action, that will likely be next trip!) Super work, The Amethyst Dragon! That's why we keep coming back for more!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Actually.... I dunno if it's something on my end, but Macedone's tileset doesn't look any different.  Cleaned out the override, reinstalled just the basic haks for aenea, still no change that I can discern.

The are between the gates and the trade district looks a little different... grassy instead of cobble, but the high district, docks and trade district still look like default city exterior tilesets.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down