Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jul. 31, 2013: Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone

3 posters

Go down

Jul. 31, 2013: Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone Empty Jul. 31, 2013: Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:45 pm

I just couldn't leave well enough alone.  I've created, added, or fixed something in the haks every single day since the last hak update on July 18th. :roll:I finally just decided to stop, push all the newer models and such out of the updates hak and into the "p" hak, compress everything, and get it uploaded.

I'm going to try to stick to just working in the toolset for the next two weeks. Razz

Here's the list of things I've added and/or changed in this latest hak update.

Fungus Among Us: Shrieker and Violet Fungus getting added to some Underdark areas.  {screenshot}

It's Miller Time: Updates to animations and textures for inner workings of windmills and watermills. Fixing scripting for getting grains/corn ground into flour/cornmeal. Adding brand new watermill placeables made by phenix-rising.

Clouds Below: Update to areas above the clouds with better "clouds below" placeables, such as the cliffs at the edge of the Rift.  This model will also get added to some spots with lots of foggy mist (like out in the Lake of Mists at the north edge of Watertown).

Better Flames: Updated appearances for some placeable flames, based on Project Q flames.

Fixes for Graphics: Fixed a few "broken" textures by making them the correct size.  Powers of 2, people! 2x2, 4x4, 8x8, 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc. If making textures for NWN, the need to be sized to a power of 2 or else the game doesn't like them.

Stabilized Snake: Serpent Disciple model recompiled so it's more stable on some PC's computers. NWN works better if I pre-compile models so it doesn't have to do the work while the game is running.

Dem Bones: Start of rebuilding of the common skeleton using PC parts.  All new models are on their way, starting with the arms and hands in this hak.  Some in-game skeletons will be upgraded with the next hak update, such as the guards in Greyskull's castle.  I've used the Q skeleton retexture & skull as a basis for whipping out skeleton parts for all the PC races.  Next time I get into model making, I'll be attempting to remake the torsos, necks, and legs.

Dead Arm: Updated models/textures for Pale Master bone arm, thanks to my work on the skeletons.

Head Fixing: Fixing problems with some head models and textures.  Adding in some arabian style heads that needed some work.

Dhow Do Calithian's Sail?: Adding the excellent Dhow (ship) placeable model from last September's Custom Content Challenge.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Jul. 31, 2013: Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone Empty Re: Jul. 31, 2013: Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone

Post by Ramana Jala Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:12 am

Just a note to thank you for your efforts to make the game run more efficiently, as on my old XP system that I'm still using, NWN1 takes over 50% of my processor power just to run, and that's before I encounter any spawns.
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Jul. 31, 2013: Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone Empty Re: Jul. 31, 2013: Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone

Post by Firerax Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:47 am

I second that thanks, Aenea is amazing. Wish I had more time to play it.
Firerax
Firerax
Commoner
Commoner

Male Number of posts : 9
Main Character : Silver Argenteus
Time Zone : GMT
Registration date : 2013-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down