Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Werewolf semi-class merging

2 posters

Go down

werewolf - Werewolf semi-class merging Empty Werewolf semi-class merging

Post by DerusTal Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Is it possible for werewolves to merge some or all of your gear?
DerusTal
DerusTal
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 270
Main Character : Mathian Derou
NWN Username : samanuske
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

werewolf - Werewolf semi-class merging Empty Re: Werewolf semi-class merging

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:04 pm

I was going to make my own thread about this as well... 

This needs to be addressed.  Of the four semiclasses, werewolf is the most busted.  Every other semi-class offers the PC benefits for their XP investment.  The werewolf semi-class directly nerfs your character for the XP investment and extreme difficulty in obtaining the semiclass to begin with

Warhulk's the easiest to get (just gotta be level 10, and the trainer's pretty much thrown right at you), and offers the best benefits.

That's completely backwards IMO.  The most difficult semiclass to obtain should offer the best benefits.

I've actually had it get my werewolf PC killed.  Fighting Gron, and kicking his ass.  Full moon sets in, and my character gets mauled and dies within moments of the change.

The reason was not only absolutely zero item merging, but also the werewolf's stats are significantly LOWER than my PC's stats.... and he's not even particularly big on physical stats (his highest stats are intelligence and charisma).  Were he a combat oriented PC with high physical stats, the nerf would have been exponentially more significant

I would actually make the following suggestion

Make the werewolf change work like the wolfblood full moon bonuses.

The reason: Wolfbloods (who aren't full werewolves), get VASTLY superior benefits during a full moon.

Not only do they keep their item's bonuses, but their abilities are actually boosted, not nerfed.

On a double full moon, my wolfblood PCs get +8 con and str, and regen, keep their item bonuses and do not lose access to their class spells and abilities.

My full blooded werewolf gets lower strength, lower dexterity, lower constitution, lower HP, and I do not recall if he ges the regen or not, or if he doe, if it's as significant as the wolfblood regen.  And as mentioned... those aren't even his primary stats.

And... no item merges, cut off from his spells, although he keeps his bard song ability.

The ONLY "benefit" my werewolf PC gets from his 5th level of the semiclass is the ability to turn the polymorph off as soon as it turns on during a full moon.

As it stands, I actively tell players NOT to take this semiclass, that its only RP fluff and will significantly nerf your PC's effectiveness and gameplay enjoyment.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:09 am

I was just poking about through the 2da's....

Apparently this is a bug?  According to the polymorph 2da, the semiclass werewolf polymorphs SHOULD be merging armor and items.

I still however put forth my suggestion that the semiclass should function closer to the wolfblood bonuses to keep the class a benefit to characters above level 15/20.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down