Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP needed, Noob in jail!!

2 posters

Go down

HELP needed, Noob in jail!! Empty HELP needed, Noob in jail!!

Post by Antoniius Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:20 pm

I am new to NWN, a friend of mine lent me the game and i just created a wizard, but i started in jail and cannot go outside (clicking the sign doesnt work). I get the message "you have already met your account limit". Can you please tell me what to do? (my account is Antoniius). Thanks in advance!
Antoniius
Antoniius
Commoner
Commoner

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-12-06

Back to top Go down

HELP needed, Noob in jail!! Empty Re: HELP needed, Noob in jail!!

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:45 pm

The closest account I can find on the server is for an "Antenius".

That error message is given if you are using an account that already has seven sets of CD keys associated with it.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoniius Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:45 am

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:The closest account I can find on the server is for an "Antenius".

That error message is given if you are using an account that already has seven sets of CD keys associated with it.
Weird....

so... is the only way to fix that to get a different CD key??
Antoniius
Antoniius
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:50 am

A single player account / username can have up to 7 different sets of CD keys associated with it.  Aenea uses a script that ties the two pieces of information together, so that someone else can't just log under your username without also having the same set of CD keys...which shouldn't happen if you have your own copy.

If the person that gave you the game logged in before you since the system was put into place, the CD keys should be tied to their username, not yours.

The allowing of up to 7 sets of keys is for players that might have purchased the game to play from multiple locations (work, home, school, etc.).

I don't see a player folder for an "Antoniius" on the server, so according to the server listing and the game log (I looked), your account isn't showing up at all.  Very strange.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoniius Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 am

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:A single player account / username can have up to 7 different sets of CD keys associated with it.  Aenea uses a script that ties the two pieces of information together, so that someone else can't just log under your username without also having the same set of CD keys...which shouldn't happen if you have your own copy.

If the person that gave you the game logged in before you since the system was put into place, the CD keys should be tied to their username, not yours.

The allowing of up to 7 sets of keys is for players that might have purchased the game to play from multiple locations (work, home, school, etc.).

I don't see a player folder for an "Antoniius" on the server, so according to the server listing and the game log (I looked), your account isn't showing up at all.  Very strange.
ok, actually i am using someone else CD key but i log in as Antoniius (i am sure) and i can connect to othger multiplayer servers (tried yesterday evening).

i think i will look around to buy the game or find a different cd key. Just to know, is the "CD serial check" only on NWN base serial or on the 3 different CD keys NWN + SoE + OU?

(ty for answering Smile)

EDIT: got it to work, i tried another serial, thanks! anyway my previous characters are still in jail, while new ones spawn in the right area
Antoniius
Antoniius
Commoner
Commoner

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:22 am

As far as a jail goes...are you sure about that?  I don't recall ever making a jail area, let alone scripting to automatically send a character to one.

If it's really a problem with the CD keys, the server should just boot you and, if you have the customized Aenea dialog.tlk file, the box that pops up should be iving the proper warning.

Yeah, I should have caught on earlier...it's just been a long time since that coding was implemented, and I blame lack of sleep and distraction caused by children.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down