Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dashing and Daring only works 50% of the time

2 posters

Go down

dashing - Dashing and Daring only works 50% of the time Empty Dashing and Daring only works 50% of the time

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:45 am

The AC bonus only works 50% of the time.  It's on for one round, off the next, then back on, then off, then on, ect.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

dashing - Dashing and Daring only works 50% of the time Empty Re: Dashing and Daring only works 50% of the time

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:03 pm

It also does not work at all if you equip a shield.

As the feat description specifically states "no armor", not "no armor nor any shields", and the theme of the feet seems to be "swashbuckler savvy" I am considering that a bug as you can't have a "swashbuckler" without a buckler to go along with his sword, savvy matey?
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

dashing - Dashing and Daring only works 50% of the time Empty Re: Dashing and Daring only works 50% of the time

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback.

The code for it is based on the same code as the AC bonus you get while mounted and you have the Mounted Combat feat.  It runs off the module heartbeat to check if you're in combat, checks to see if you have the feat, checks to see if you are wearing armor (and, evidently, a shield), and applies the AC bonus for a round.

I'll see about modifying the script to do the "in combat" check every round, then applying the bonus for perhaps 10 rounds at a time so that it doesn't "shut off" if the heartbeat script gets delayed for some reason.  And I'll modify it so you can use a small shield at the same time.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Ah, I knew that fluctating AC reminded me of something.  I rarely use horses in combat as most of my PC's have speedy boots or such.

The one drawback I could think of with applying it for 10 rounds, with it checking every round.... dodge stacks with itself, and I'm not certain if dodge applied from the same script twice would stack or override the previous application of the bonus.  If it stacks even from the same script source, a PC with +5 cha modifier would hit the +20 AC cap within 4 rounds when they shuld only have +5 AC.

Perhaps instead.... go through the on-equip/un-equip event?

Equip armor, check to see if it's robes/clothing, or actual armor.  If actual armor, no bonus.  If clothing, apply AC bonus.

Unequip checks to see if the bonus is already applied.  If so, no change.  If not applied (as in the PC had armor on), apply the bonus.

Likewise, the same equip/unequip event check could do the shields (large or tower, no dashing savvy, small shield, savvy)

Then, have just the +2 skills bonus run off the heartbeat.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:56 am

Any update on this?  I use this on my new pureclass sorceress, and with it going off every other round, she tends to get pounded one round, survives alright the next, pounded the next...
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down