Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Auto 're-type'?

5 posters

Go down

Auto 're-type'? Empty Auto 're-type'?

Post by Furtalic Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:02 am

Is there a way to automatically re-type something into the chat bar without having to re-type the entire message?
Furtalic
Furtalic
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 15
Main Character : Furtalic Ahvraiahz (Elven Wizard)
Other Character : Symaxus Arthalien (Demon Spawn Paladin)
NWN Username : Furtalic
Time Zone : Eastern (US)
Registration date : 2014-05-27

Back to top Go down

Auto 're-type'? Empty Re: Auto 're-type'?

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Not that I'm aware of.

A tweak to the onplayerchat scripting might be able to replicate something similar though. Capture the last entered chat command into a variable, have it repeat with a new generic on-chat command (something like ;;vc repeat). Run the idea by The Amethyst Dragon in the suggestion forums as a new suggestion.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:34 pm

There is one way which I know of...custom macro commands!   sunny 

Here's how it's set up; pretty easy to do by the by.

Step 1:
Auto 're-type'? Step-110
Right click on an empty quickslot and choose the "Custom Text Macro" option.

Step 2:
Auto 're-type'? Step-210
A pop-up box will appear then. Type in a label for the quickslot. (See 2a for example of how it will look)

Step 2a:
Auto 're-type'? Step-310

Step 3:
Auto 're-type'? Step-311
Up next another box will appear where you can write the actual command, you do that this way: /tk *Insert what you want to say here*

The "/tk" at the front will allocate the text to the talk channel. If you want to shout type "/s", usually it's the "/tk" you would want though...nothing good comes from spamming the shout channel.  Evil or Very Mad Maybe a spawn of evil demonic zombie chickens from a "friendly" DM though...or so I have heard rumours about...  Razz

Step 4:
Auto 're-type'? Step-410
Congratulations! You have now made your first macro text!  cheers  cheers

FYI! You can change the command later on by right clicking on the quickslot and edit either the label or command itself. Smile

Another thing: If you wish to prepare a quickslot for a vc command use, like what Rusty mentioned below this post... you do not need to type in /tk or anything like it. Just type in the vc command you want to use.

Last edited by Angel of Death on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Dargodd Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:48 pm

If you have something typed outside of the game, and Ctrl + C it. Once you get in the game, you can Ctrl + V and it will paste the text.

I used that on ;;sc addxp to level my semi-class a lot faster.
Dargodd
Dargodd
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 40
Main Character : Marcus Zircon
NWN Username : dargodda
(Forgot that A in my username Razz)
Time Zone : Eastern
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:01 pm

You can use a custom text macro in-game on a quickslot.

If you right-click an empty quickslot the option should pop up on the left or right. I haven't set any up in a while so I'm going from memory... it will ask what the macro is (this is what you would normally type into the chatbar) then asks for a label (this is the displayed word, approx 8 characters long that appears in the quickslot).

It is a good way for putting things like ;;sc channel into a quickslot for your semi-class abilities... but can also be used with stuff like ;;mi scribe xxxScrollxxx to whip up a few matching scrolls really quickly...

Each time you hit the quickslot key/click on it, whatever was in the macro part acts as though you had just typed it. You can even edit the macro and label later (so you can just reserve a quickslot if you like and change it when needed, or for scroll creation just change the spellname etc etc) ...

Hope that helps...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Auto 're-type'? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:24 pm

Edited my post. Smile

And look like I got ninja'd while prettifying it with pictures, but yeah what the other said counts too. ^^;;

Now there's 3 (slightly different) ways shown for how it's done! Yay!  cheers
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:34 pm

I may have ninja'd you, but at least your method has pictures and a better explanation of what to do (and in the correct order! ). Plus I completely forgot to mention having to put /tk in front ! (you can also use /s for shout, /w for whisper, /p for party and /dm for the dm-only viewable channel)...

Looks like my memory is starting to get a little rusty.... ... ...really want to get some game time soon.... ... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Auto 're-type'? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:40 am

Yeah. I am a sucker for pretty pictures and a nice format. Razz

By the way, for vc commands like what your post was majorly about, you do not need to type in /tk in front...
I only mentioned /tk and /s since those are the important ones, didn't think anyone would want to use /w /p /dm anytime soon.

The "/tk" is mainly if you want a blurp of text ready to say in the heat of combat. /example - Good for RP moments. Smile

Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down