Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone point me towards some higher level area's?

+3
MannyJabrielle
Elhanan
Dargodd
7 posters

Go down

Anyone point me towards some higher level area's? Empty Anyone point me towards some higher level area's?

Post by Dargodd Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:26 pm

I've run around and explored quite a bit, but beholders seem to be the best experience, to the point that very rarely is there a time where no one is down there, even when there are only 1 or 2 players online.

So, if there are any area's for level 30+ character to go explore that have things that are on their level to fight, I would love to be pointed in that direction. Thanks Very Happy
Dargodd
Dargodd
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 40
Main Character : Marcus Zircon
NWN Username : dargodda
(Forgot that A in my username Razz)
Time Zone : Eastern
Registration date : 2014-06-27

Back to top Go down

Anyone point me towards some higher level area's? Empty Re: Anyone point me towards some higher level area's?

Post by Elhanan Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 pm

I enjoy hunting on the Islands a bit North of Macedone. It also has some Beholders, but is in the open as a rule, so one gets to explore and see other locations, encounters, etc. May be called Deathwater, but has been a while since I have played there.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
. : Anyone point me towards some higher level area's? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Anyone point me towards some higher level area's? Empty Re: Anyone point me towards some higher level area's?

Post by Dargodd Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:54 pm

I've been to Deathwater, didn't really see anything higher level besides beholders. I think I explored most of the island unless I missed a cave, not really a lot there.

*Edit* the only really highish level area I found, was an orc castle that I climbed the side of a mountain up to. Nothing to awful at first. A few orcs called like stormguards or something (First found it back at level like 22) then I opened a door and an orc ran out hit me 3 times for about 50 each and I believe devastating crit me. So... I guess that is the highest level area I have found so far.
Dargodd
Dargodd
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:59 pm

You should give the dark realms a try.

Gettting into the dark realms is a bit of a puzzler though. Go play in the swamp to get started Wink
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Dargodd Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Hmm, I'll go explore the swamps some more I guess. I went through there once, most I found was a temple of air elementals.
Dargodd
Dargodd
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:14 am

There's a few more to find Wink Be sure to explore the whole swamp. It can get rather muggy and foggy in there, sometimes can't see your hand in front of your face, much less that interesting ruin ten yards away.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Talvi Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:27 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem. I've been looking for areas appropriate to my level since the early epic levels, but I cannot really find anything that qualifies.
The toughest area I found in the Dark Realm is where you fight 3 dracoliches at the same time (made me use a couple of healing potions the first time, at 25 or so. Now they don't even get my HP to drop below 90%). The castle they are guarding has nothing in it except an okay staff for mages and a few low-tier enemies, unless I am missing something? Not worth the 2 soulgems unless there is another hidden area there.
Other than that, the orc castle with the orc king and his minions is the only area that seemed challenging to me ever since I reached level 20 or so. And to be honest those fights are not very exciting...I think a significant part of the reason is the atmosphere. It's just not befitting for an area that houses what is possibly supposed to be one of the strongest enemies in the game (the music should be much more epic, for example).

All in all, unless I have neglected to find some crucial area transition, door, or similar, I have to say that there isn't really anything besides the orc king and possibly his general in the other castle that really puts up a challenge for an epic level character - not for fighter types, anyways. Which I think is somewhat disappointing, especially seeing how tough it was to level to 15 or so (both in terms of challenge and in terms of time spent per level), while at epic levels all enemies except for a very few are absolutely effortless. The exp gain doesn't scale too well, either. I went from 20-40 in much less than half the time it took me from 2-20, even though the exp needed per level increases steadily.
If anybody could point me to any true epic level area that I might have missed, I would be very grateful.
Talvi
Talvi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 22
Main Character : Anesh Drodan
Other Character : Larron Estibal
Registration date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dargodd Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:41 pm

I did the puzzle (I think) to get into the Dark Realm. I got to a place called like undead castle or something. Killed the guy at the end. But I didn't see anything else of important there. I didn't see any area transitions either inside the castle or in the zone right before it. Is there something I am missing to get to the other area's of the Dark Realm?

I definitely didn't see any Dracoliches.
Dargodd
Dargodd
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:26 pm

Yes, there's more to the dark realms.  You guys should start looking for Uncle Nemmy and Momma Whore Wink

If I see you guys on, or you see me, send me a tell, and if my connection's not too shoddy, we'll go hunting Very Happy
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Dargodd Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:57 am

Okay, so do you have to do the process to enter the place (Trying to be vague sorry) every time you want to enter the dark realm? I feel like it takes forever to collect the stuff for the puzzle.
Dargodd
Dargodd
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Talvi Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:34 am

Thanks Manny! I will try to find these two. Going hunting together sounds better still; hopefully we manage to catch each other online someday.

Dargodd, you have to do the process every time, but don't necessarily have to collect the stuff whenever you want to enter. The stuff you need can be bought from various merchants, albeit in very limited amounts. It also (rarely) drops from some creatures.
As for the area of the Dark Realm that has the dracoliches, the guy at the end of the castle has the key. It's not a key of the traditional sort, though.
Talvi
Talvi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:22 am

Dargodd wrote:
the only really highish level area I found, was an orc castle that I climbed the side of a mountain up to. Nothing to awful at first. A few orcs called like stormguards or something (First found it back at level like 22) then I opened a door and an orc ran out hit me 3 times for about 50 each and I believe devastating crit me. So... I guess that is the highest level area I have found so far.

I'm curious, where was this?
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:47 am

Ramana Jala wrote:
Dargodd wrote:
the only really highish level area I found, was an orc castle that I climbed the side of a mountain up to. Nothing to awful at first. A few orcs called like stormguards or something (First found it back at level like 22) then I opened a door and an orc ran out hit me 3 times for about 50 each and I believe devastating crit me. So... I guess that is the highest level area I have found so far.

I'm curious, where was this?
Don't open if you do not like spoilers!:

Talvi wrote:Dargodd, you have to do the process every time, but don't necessarily have to collect the stuff whenever you want to enter. The stuff you need can be bought from various merchants, albeit in very limited amounts. It also (rarely) drops from some creatures.
Again. SPOILER ALERT!:
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:52 am

Hm.  Beyond?  I'll have to go look there again.

Thanks!
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:35 pm

What AoD said, plus, once you got the item mentioned, you can use it in conjunction with another quest item for some additional travel options.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Dargodd Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:57 pm

I don't see how I've missed anything. I go into the temple, then the Fields of Death. The only place to go in here in the citadel of Devoured Souls.

That's all I can find in the Dark Realms.

I've explored everything I can, even walked around in Detect mode. Nothing.
Dargodd
Dargodd
Adventurer
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:24 am

I cannot help, as I have never gone there w/o someone with the ability to open a portal. Perhaps this is something you should consider, and ask around for a tour guide.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:32 am

The demon at the end of that section drops an item... it may look like nothing of importance... you might be a bit foolhardy to pick it up, but it is the key we are after..

Take this "key item" in hand ....

And walk across the raised platform at the Mystara shrine behind Valorians Vale... ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Talvi Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 am

AngelOfDeath, what I meant was getting to the 'initial' area of the Dark Realm. The portals in the 'second' part always lead me back to Valorian's.

Dargodd, the 'second' part of the Dark Realm (with the dracoliches) doesn't connect to the first one, other than that you need to visit the first one at least once to get the key required to enter the second part. Maybe you should, with the key in hand, Wander around Wink
Alternatively, you can do what RustyDios suggested.

Last edited by Talvi on Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Talvi
Talvi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:53 am

@Talvi: The Dark Realms are connected to each other. It's a one way portal/gate though (as far as I know), so to get out you would have to go out through the ancient temple (or use a potion of escape). Wink

Spoiler:
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:59 pm

Yes, the dark realms are all connected, however, you can only enter the one part if you're under level 25.  Nor can you get from that part to the other parts, although you can get from the other parts to there.

The fields of death are basically a "Baby's first dark realm romp" area.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down