Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boots of jumping and striding

2 posters

Go down

boots of jumping and striding Empty boots of jumping and striding

Post by margolloxx Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:42 pm

Hello there

Since today my boots of striding and jumping seem to be bugged. i keep losing my speedbuff frequently after equiping them again and again. It started happening today and someone told me that is actually an old bug that for some reason did return now. I went to the conjunction which didn't help. At first i thought, the enchantment i put on them (+5AC+2con) created it but I bought different ones too and they had the same bug.

best wishes, margolloxx
margolloxx
margolloxx
Commoner
Commoner

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

boots of jumping and striding Empty Re: boots of jumping and striding

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Check your character sheet. Is the movement speed increase still there? Sometimes effects icons vanish from the upper right corner but the effects still happen.

Also, are you using the Charge feat a lot?  I'm not sure if the feat and the boots mess each other up, but there is a possibility.

Also check on use of expeditious retreat.  That one is also a movement speed increase effect that might interfere.

Also, are you fighting beholders? Their anti-magic eye removes the movement speed increase effect, and you need to remove the boots and put them back on for the effect to be re-applied.

Sleeping should also remove and reapply the effect if you are wearing them when you go to sleep.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by margolloxx Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:56 am

Well it was happening to me all the time yesterday. i put the boots on (in valonvale), i got the speedboost for a few seconds, and then it disappeared including bufficons. at one point i even got slowed which was odd since i have a ring of freedom of movement on. Today ( i think there was a reset in between) everything is fine again. Maybe a script was damaged or something.
margolloxx
margolloxx
Commoner
Commoner

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2014-07-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down