Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spell Bug: Know Alignment

Go down

Spell Bug: Know Alignment Empty Spell Bug: Know Alignment

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:40 pm

This one doesn't appear to work right.  The description says that creatures within range will have their alignment indicated via two pulses of light (one for the law/chaos axis, color coded, one for the good/evil axis, also color coded), however, when I tested out the spell, I would only get a little hallow of blue-white light over my PC's head for a few moments.  No light pulses at all on PCs/NPCs nearby (and well withing range).

And a sidenote... looking at the description as per how it's *supposed* to work... it would be very difficult to get the alignments for multiple creatures nearby.... not only would you need to make a mental note of the two pulses of light off each creature, but then you'd need to look up the color coding chart on the spell description... which could be a hassle memory wise for the player if there's 3 or more creatures within range of the spell.  So... perhaps it may be better to have the spell give the caster feedback in the combat log?  It would be a bit difficult to tell which creature on screen matches up to what entry in the combat log, however for NPCs, they like-type creatures tend to be the same alignment, yes?  That is, goblins are likely to be all the same alignment, not some LE, some CN, some NE, some CE, ect.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down