Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC

2 posters

Go down

Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC Empty Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC

Post by Caldor Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:28 pm

I know this subject has been covered in other threads (I've read them - all, I hope!).  The info therein has not allowed me to obtain a Philosopher's Stone in the Chamber of the Ancients.  I have entered the first area (Book area) with the understand there is a trigger that will reveal the stone in that area.  No luck.  I've walked all over the area looking for a stone near the book.  No luck.  What are the steps for an Ascended PC to acquire (or re-acquire) a Philosopher's Stone?

Thank you!

Caldor
Caldor
Caldor
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 131
Main Character : Caldor Moross
Other Character : Malcolm Moross
Other Character. : Zayde ("Gramps") Moross
Other Character.. : Moraye'us (mor -AY-us, but you can call me Maury!) Moross and the rest of the Moross Clan, including the low-key but nevertheless infamous "Mortis the Tortoise"
Time Zone : Eastern U.S.
. : Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-06-24

Back to top Go down

Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC Empty Re: Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:21 pm

I am fairly certain it is now based on the levelup scripting.... I believe you should get the stone (and the epic spellcasting feat) automatically when you reach epic level 21 in an eligible spellcasting class - one which has access to 9th level arcane or divine spells (its a different level for Pale Masters, I believe something like level 11 or 15 PM)
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC Empty Re: Precise steps to acquire a Philospher's Stone for an Ascended PC

Post by Caldor Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:04 am

Thanks, Dave. I'm not a huge fan of re-leveling. I have a pending DM Help request on the forum. Perhaps I can get it that way. Re-leveling would be a distant second choice.

Jon
Caldor
Caldor
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Other Character.. : Moraye'us (mor -AY-us, but you can call me Maury!) Moross and the rest of the Moross Clan, including the low-key but nevertheless infamous "Mortis the Tortoise"

Back to top Go down

Post by Caldor Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:17 am

Another question relating to this issue: I have gone to Lady Shea quite a number of times to gain points to my STR and CON.

If I re-level, will I lose those? They represent a lot of time accruing the necessary XP points.

Thanks,

Jon
Caldor
Caldor
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:59 pm

Lady Shea stat buys are permanent. Re-levelling will not strip them.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Caldor Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:55 am

Thank you, Dave!

Jon
Caldor
Caldor
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down