Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works

4 posters

Go down

New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works Empty New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works

Post by Aniriomyrion Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:48 pm

Hey there!  I just got my new CD keys from GOG, after fixing the entire thing beforehand, and I was able to play before I set up the new keys.  Is there anything you guys know about that can help me with this issue?  When I attempt to join Aenea, it gives me a blank error message if that helps.

For further information it lets me into the server but I can't get past character selection.

Sorry for the repost, I didn't see this section until later.

For now I'll have to switch back to the generic keys until I can get this fixed it seems.

EDIT: Fixed it. Finally found that long list of vc commands Eric posted.
Aniriomyrion
Aniriomyrion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-08-28

Back to top Go down

New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works Empty Re: New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works

Post by daveyeisley Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Glad you got it. I tried to find it in that list and couldn't find it at first Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works Empty Re: New CD Keys from GOG - No longer works

Post by Aniriomyrion Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Yup! One more question if you don't mind, the forums are so very cryptic and I have no clue where I would get a bone ring. Would you be able to help me with that? xD I am finding it difficult to train in areas with undead without an item that might give me protection from level reduction.
Aniriomyrion
Aniriomyrion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:22 pm

Well... as I recall bone rings are a rare drop, and can be tough to locate.

That said, there are certain merchants whose stock changes each in-game day, and they often pick up rare items when that happens. I would suggest to start with Entrom's Exotic Emporium in Macedone - check his stock regularly.

Other than that, there might be another spot in Macedone where you can obtain a helpful ring to protect from level/ability drain - but depending on your class, you might have to disguise yourself to get the merchant to sell to you. The same caveat goes for the League of Extraordinary Adventurer's in Mountainholme.

Last edited by daveyeisley on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling and me don't get along)
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniriomyrion Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:23 pm

Thank you very much! I'll look around for those then.
Aniriomyrion
Aniriomyrion
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:10 pm

Also, depending on your character/levels/feats you might be able to create a magical item to combat level drain loss. See the information here (and the subsequent link).

You would be looking for an item that contains the spell; Negative Energy Protection such as;
Amulet of Protected Health (amulet)
Night's Final Rest (Ring)
Cloak of Blackflame (cloak)

You might also be able to create/use a potion/scroll/wand of the spell too.......
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:59 pm

Aniriomyrion wrote:Yup!  One more question if you don't mind, the forums are so very cryptic and I have no clue where I would get a bone ring.  Would you be able to help me with that? xD  I am finding it difficult to train in areas with undead without an item that might give me protection from level reduction.

IIRC Beholders has been known to swallow those sort of rings, when you are able to slice through them without getting yourself killed look at their remains.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down