Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire

3 posters

Go down

So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire Empty So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire

Post by Antimatter624 Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:11 pm

NWN immediately crashed.   Annnd now I can't log on as that character without it immediately crashing again.  Is that character (Janil Hanar) just... in forever limbo now?

I was hoping a server reset would solve the problem but it doesn't seem it has.   In fact, I'm  even more worried because when I tried to log on with her just now, NWN still crashed, then after a few minutes the whole server seemed to crash, and then lag uncontrollably, then crash again.  The server issues are probably unrelated but still have me more than a little worried.  

They have settled down now, but I'm afraid to try logging in with the character again.

Edit:  Some further testing shows that it also crashes anyone else in the astral conjunction that happens to be there when I try to log in with that character.

Final edit: So, it looks like after a reset, I had a few seconds before it crashed (presumably it was still loading assets). I used ;;vfx face none and now everything's fine.

I still advise against doing that in the first place, though.
Antimatter624
Antimatter624
Commoner
Commoner

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2017-08-29

Back to top Go down

So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire Empty Re: So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire

Post by daveyeisley Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:19 pm

Yes, that command caused huge issues for another player and I think The Amethyst Dragon had to manually edit the character's personal variable database to remove it because they had the same problem, NWN crashed upon login - it even crashed my NWN when I logged on as DM to go look at the problem. The VFX for that option is very, very bugged.

The Amethyst Dragon can we get that particular otion disabled (or fixed)?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire Empty Re: So, I foolishly used ;;vfx fang with a non-vampire

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:00 pm

I'm disabling the vfx fangs with the next server reset, since it's barely visible when it works and a huge pain when it doesn't.  The on-enter script should then automatically remove both the effect and the variable whenever anyone enters, so hopefully we won't have this crashing issue anymore.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down