Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder!

3 posters

Go down

Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder! Empty Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder!

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:44 pm

Aloha, friends!

While I was active in Aenea, I kept my notes (Aenea and NwN) and whatnot in a nondescript binder, so's I could have access to them as I played.  Throughout the years after its creation, my Aenea binder served as a source of comfort to me, especially when I felt lonely or depressed.  It was a way to connect with the world without actually being in the world.

Then, as most of you know, my family and I moved from Pennsylvania to Hawai'i.  It was an extremely exciting, yet wildly turbulent and stressful time in my life.  We took very little with us, particularly on the cross-country train ride.  My Aenea binder was on that whole trip with me, providing a sense of familiarity as we embarked into the unknown.

The binder holds a special place in my heart to this day.  Whenever I get lonely, or pine for familiar things long removed, I open up the binder and page through to a familiar character.  A little bit of reading, a little bit of nostalgic remembrance, and I am good to go!

While recently in discussion with Robert Ochs the other day [some may remember Phyllick Delucian], the subject of notes came up.  He sent me some snaps of his notes from Aenea, and I reciprocated a few days later with these pictures of my notes.  I then thought that the community at large might enjoy seeing how I kept up with my PCs through the years [and how I worked out some of their tongue-twisting names]!

I will update this as I am able.  I don't have access to a scanner, so these images are pulled from my phone's camera.  Please, enjoy!  Of course, comments and *especially* discussions are welcome!

[A note for those unfamiliar with the spoiler tags:  just click on the "spoiler" button, and it will reveal the image.  Click again to cover the image.]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is my Aenea binder.  It's a pretty nondescript 1 inch O-ring binder, with only a single sticker on it.

Spoiler:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the binder spine, which holds the only sticker on the binder.

Spoiler:
An old magazine cover I keep on the inside of the binder - I have a soft spot for Elmore works!

Spoiler:
This is an article from 2006 about NwN being used as a teaching tool.  Before we moved, I was tracking that particular module down.

Spoiler:
These are the index tags.  They were made from pink post-it notes, and all of them taped to the page for structural reinforcement.

Spoiler:
There are a number of tags, most of them for player characters.

Spoiler:

**This post/thread is a work in progress - will be updated as I can.**

Last edited by Eric of Atrophy on Sun May 02, 2021 11:30 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Expect to see hundreds upon hundreds of revisions, as I don't have much in my life right now in the way of electronic projects!)
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder! Empty Re: Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder!

Post by Angel of Death Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:35 pm

It's been a while since I have played this game but noticed this post pop into my mail and thought I would come by to say hi to those still around Smile
I also got a lot of offline notes from when I used to play the game more regularly. Your notes look a lot more organized than mine though. Laughing
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder! Empty Re: Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder!

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:24 pm

Angel of Death, so lovely to hear from you!
There are still a few of us around, we celebrate birthdays and talk about the good old days.
Unfortunately, with Aenea being gone, this place is largely deserted.

Have you investigated Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Edition? It has brought a lot of old names back to the game!

I would love to see your notes! A shared historical record of Aenea, if you will! I have more to share, I just haven't photoed them yet. I do so miss the server, and any little bit about it makes me feel a little better!

So don't be a stranger! stop in from time to time and say hi!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sun May 02, 2021 11:33 pm

I am in the process of rehoming the binder into a more comfortable 1 1/2 inch D-ring setup. I am also developing another binder, this one for the work that I do on my comfort module, Koss. I will be sure to share pics when I get the changeovers complete!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:30 pm

Awww man, so many people put so much love into this PW. Nostalgia...
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Eric of Atrophy's World of Aenea Binder! Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Eric of Atrophy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down