[In-Game Item Upgrades] A large painted sign...

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [In-Game Item Upgrades] A large painted sign...

Post by Angel of Death on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:27 pm

In a swift stride the self-declared master of the Dragon Paw style moves into the dwarf's tower just beyond the graveyard and inclines his head in greeting. Donned in a worn brown robe and a helm made out of a green wyrm's head the halfling addresses the dwarf wizard in a polite tone.

"G'day master dwarf, your reputation have reached my ears and I come here to inquire for you to enchant my pendant with the power to absorb necromantic spells, the power to make me move with more freedom underwater and the power of regeneration. The price is for you to set."

OOC:
It if would be possible: Freedom, Immunity to the School of Necromancy, and +2 Regen on his amulet. The prices for this is what's listed in the 2nd post of this thread, right? Almost got all those materials. Smile
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1131
Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Aye, the lists fer what ye want be posted already. Ain't been available much lately, though, as I keep gettin pulled away by contracts. Ye'd never guess how many evil necromancers want help with zombie production round these parts.... it pays, and its amusin'.... these fellers be almost cute when they're startin out Razz

When I get back fer a good length o' time, I'll see what we can do fer ya.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6818
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. :
Registration date : 2008-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:24 am

Bruce returns to the dwarf's tower sometime later and upon entering, walks over and places a loaded bag of holding on his desk, then gazes directly into his eyes as he speaks with a calm voice.

"As you requested, master dwarf. How soon can you begin on the enchantments?"

OOC: Just post a time which you works best for you and I'll see if I can make it. Smile
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : CÚlestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:04 pm

My apologies, I have a lot going on for the next week or so... I can't really commit to a specific time slot as of yet. I will try to catch you maybe next week during a weeknight evening... but I can't promise Sad
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:12 pm

daveyeisley wrote:My apologies, I have a lot going on for the next week or so... I can't really commit to a specific time slot as of yet. I will try to catch you maybe next week during a weeknight evening... but I can't promise Sad

// That's perfectly fine -- I totally understand RL gets first. Smile
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:24 pm

Just a bump with some handy info that makes my life MUCh easier - listed in this post.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:58 am

daveyeisley wrote:Just a bump with some handy info that makes my life MUCh easier - listed in this post.
daveyeisley wrote:Some suggestions for organizing your gathered materials ...
Maybe add this to a top post, or something, so folks can always see it ... maybe a sticky of its own ...
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 3798
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 04:00 EST
Registration date : 2008-06-06

View user profile http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:08 pm

Angel of Death wrote:On a particular quiet night in the Maker's tower, the shadowy form of an elven woman appears within the small room. She stops for a moment, her gaze affixing itself upon the dwarf behind the large desk before speaking in a soft melodic tone. "Greetings dwarf," she inclines her head and moves gracefully toward him and stops up near the desk. "I have heard rumors you make things on demand, if so, I wish to make an inquiry about the possibility of enchanting my bow". She smiles slightly as she holds up the elven crafted longbow made of ash-wood.

"I wish it to fit better with, ah, my philosophy. That is, moving as swift as the wind, becoming as one with the forest, attacking as fierce as fire, and as steady as a mountain in battle. . .Let me know your price for this, if you can do this."

//Aka; upgrade a +3 AB bow to +5 AB, +4 Mighty, +5 Move Silent & Hide, +6 Dex. . .for now anyway. :-)

//I should have all the materials needed now. Checked and Double-Checked to avoid wasting your time. Smile

On a particular rainy evening an elven woman makes the trip through the graveyard in a swift stride, yet unseen and unheard by the walking dead. She moves swiftly toward the old weary tower and knocks three times on it's door before entering it's dusty interior. She greets the dwarf with a curt nod as she exits the shadows near the desk and speaks with a business-like tone "So I return, I have what ye need for the upgrade". She folds her arms and awaits his response after placing three bags along with the longbow upon the desk.
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:19 am

OOC:
this is such a great thread! sends visions of sugarplum upgrades dancing in my head.
i have a question: for the items to be gathered, would i need to gather enough for the total upgrade, or for the delta? for example, suppose i have an item which has +2 ac and i want to upgrade it to +3. do i need to collect 3 ioun stones etc., or just one?
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 176
Location : here... i'm in here! let me out! *bang,bang,bang* let me out!
Main Character : pin, cleric of mystara
Other Character : kiir'iss, displaced drow bard of myth'sarel
NWN Username : titus
Time Zone : GMT-8:00
Registration date : 2011-11-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:50 am

titus wrote:OOC:
this is such a great thread! sends visions of sugarplum upgrades dancing in my head.
i have a question: for the items to be gathered, would i need to gather enough for the total upgrade, or for the delta? for example, suppose i have an item which has +2 ac and i want to upgrade it to +3. do i need to collect 3 ioun stones etc., or just one?

*OOC - They are not cumalative, unless you stop at an earlier upgrade, I believe.

However, these are DM run shops (2), and are dependant whether or not they are IG at the time. So if you are in dire need of something, I suggest looking at Reward Vouchers as an alternative method.**
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1729
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
. :
Registration date : 2009-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:31 am

'greetings, good sir!' the warm hello came from a simply but impeccably dressed young woman even smaller than he was -- a gnome, wearing the unmistakable colors of his lord mystara. it was obvious she'd traveled a long way to see him here in his mansion, but her high spirits belayed the fatigue she must have felt from having journeyed so far.

'i have heard of your exceptional prowess with spellcraft and enchantments, and i have a boon to ask of you. i would have you hone the edge on my fine knife here,' she continued, removing, of all things, a kama from her robes, 'to a precise and magical sharpness! i believe there is a spell called "keen edge" that could do this, and it is something like that that i want, but permanent. can you do it for me? if so, do but name your price and tell me what ingredients you require, and i shall fetch them for you!'
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:31 am

~ You can find "Crystals of Smiting" out in the world that will add the keen property to a bladed weapon. They are small orange crystals found most likely in the bellies of beholders.

I think that is what you seek, and for this you needn't have to bother the good dwarf, but find a crystal or barter one from a fellow adventurer.
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2262
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. :
Registration date : 2008-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan on Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:22 am

RustyDios wrote:~ You can find "Crystals of Smiting" out in the world that will add the keen property to a bladed weapon. They are small orange crystals found most likely in the bellies of beholders.

I think that is what you seek, and for this you needn't have to bother the good dwarf, but find a crystal or barter one from a fellow adventurer.

* Be wary, for such crystals were known for occasionally being cursed more frequently than many other objects. It was recommended to have the proper Temple close at hand for a needed Plan B *
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1729
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
. :
Registration date : 2009-06-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:59 am

Elhanan wrote:
RustyDios wrote:~ You can find "Crystals of Smiting" out in the world that will add the keen property to a bladed weapon. They are small orange crystals found most likely in the bellies of beholders.

* Be wary, for such crystals were known for occasionally being cursed more frequently than many other objects. It was recommended to have the proper Temple close at hand for a needed Plan B *
Umber hulks have also been known to dine upon such crystals ...
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:06 am

a rather fetching young woman of extremely diminutive stature approaches the stately mansion in campton, a smile on her face. a tall, austere looking gentleman opens the door in response to the grand-sounding bell she rings. 'yes?'

'good morning. please tell your master i am here in response to his announcement. i have a couple of small contracts for him, if he has the time.'

the tall man at the door regards her unblinking for several seconds. 'you know, madame, master crideas is a very busy man. most of his enchantments require certain very special -- and very valuable -- ingredients in order for them to work -- and... forgive me for saying so, madame, but... you don't look like you've gathered anything i've seen that falls into the category of the 'usual sort of ingredients' master crideas requires for the contracts you adventurer types typically ask of him.'

the young woman beams up at him warmly. 'ah, but i have! i most certainly have, i assure you. his lists of ingredients are not unknown to quite a few practitioners of the art down at the guild, and i've taken great pains to gather everything he might need.'

the butler regards her coolly, not blinking once.

'certain.'

the butler continues to regard her coolly, not blinking even once.

'so... are you going to let me in? or am i going to blaspheme because you're making me catch my death of cold out here waiting for you to blink?'

the butler sighs. 'very well, madame. but on one condition - you must reassure me how it is that you happen to be carrying what inevitably would amount to some very large ingredients for the work involved, on your very small person.'

'secret compartments,' replies the young woman, winking, as she walks unperturbed past the butler and on into the foyer of the esteemed mage's home.
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:42 pm

the little gnome grew despondent as night began to fall. she had spent the entire day waiting for the arch-mage to greet her, and nothing had come of it. saddened and frustrated, she called the butler.

'yes, madame?'

'will crideas bane not see me?' she asked.

'i'm sorry, madame, but as i mentioned when you arrived, he is... most busy these days.'

'but, what shall i do?' she asked, crestfallen.

'might i suggest you find another to enchant your items, madame?'

'well, i guess that's what i'll have to do,' she remarked, nonplussed.

'i am truly sorry, madame. may lysis smile upon you and deliver you into the hands of one who will be able to do what you require.'

the little gnome smiled sweetly at the austere gentleman, thanked him, and walked out the door.

--
OOC:
will there be a dm available sometime to handle this w/me? my schedule's pretty flexible.
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:13 pm

titus wrote:
OOC:
will there be a dm available sometime to handle this w/me? my schedule's pretty flexible.
Sure. I'll keep an eye out for you.

The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7787
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 7:00 (Arizona)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

View user profile http://www.amethyst-dragon.com/nwn

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:32 am

FYI - I took a break, but I am starting to pop in for short spans. I prefer to limit time spent in DM mode for now, so please be patient with requests. By all means let me know you want stuff, just please be flexible with expectations for completion time. Yes, Crideas Bane will see you, as will the Dwarf Wizard (he is the one who actually does upgrades), but they're both busy fellows *wink*
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:53 pm

Just want to reiterate my request from this post.

I cant stress it enough, how discouraging it is to have to wait around while folks go get stuff they missed after they request a DM saying they have everything.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belarric on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Raiden walks into the tower and looks around.
Hmm still empty he muses to himself. Oh well and as he leaves puts a list onto the counter.
Looking back as he walks out , he looks at the list wondering if anybody will eventually see it.

(Somebody may see it Sorry to have missed you but due to time difference I just could not make it. Sad

reference the above post I have collected now all items required to upgrade all damage to Raidens Gloves.
Unsure but will I need to put each lot, for each damage upgrade, into a seperate container?
Would probably make it easier for you I guess

Hopefully we can meet up soon Very Happy )

Last edited by Belarric on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot it waas supposed to be "In Character")
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 157
Main Character : Raiden - A warrior monk searches for knowledge in the arts of war
Other Character : Darrius - Shadow Child
Other Character. : Wolfe - A dragon tainted barbarian from the high mountains
Time Zone : GMT + 12:00
. :
Registration date : 2011-10-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:25 pm

//OOC//

Thanks, Dave, for your time already in answering the questions of this newbie that has never used the services of the Dwarf or Maker, nor even yet redeemed a custom item voucher. There's been so very much to consider!

I'd like to address this idea that you stated on the previous page, along with some permutations of it that would affect my current schemes.

daveyeisley wrote:
As for the using nonmagical, common in-game items like normal rings for upgrades, it is a workable option, I think. They are quite unlikely to be auto-replaced... and certainly not for "balance" reasons. If I think of it, or am reminded by a player while I am doing upgrades... I would have no problem taking the properties of an existing in-game ring and transferring them to a normally nonmagical ring of the player's choice before doing the upgrades in order to help avoid any auto-replacement woes.
I've been reviewing the list of properties to every equipment slot type of item that are not available via upgrade or even in some cases not even available on a custom item. And also taking into consideration those properties that are really expensive, where it might behoove me to start with an item that already has such property.

Thus I've come up with a list of IG items that I'm considering starting with as base items to upgrade, like Boots of Improved Evasion, Amulet of Anti-Knockdown, Dex Belt +8 or +10, Bracers +8. And even though Immunity to Mind-Affecting is available as an upgrade, I like the look of the band style helm Golden Circlet of Mental Purity.

So I have a few questions:

1) Do you generally endorse that we should do this standard item replacement of some other IG item that may be auto-upgraded in future? Or is it sufficient to simply keep a record of the item that has been upgraded by the Dwarf/Maker, in case of future updates that auto-replace such item?

2) On items that have properties that are not available as upgrades (such as I've mentioned above), is this standard-item replacement even possible for the Dwarf/Maker to do? For example, is it possible, if I offered an item like the Amulet of anti-Knockdown along with a standard amulet (which would be less likely to be auto-replaced in future), could I receive back an amulet with the anti-Knockdown property (along with other usual upgrade properties)?

3) Also, I would assume that items with special appearances, like the Circlet of Mental Purity, would not be something that this standard item replacement idea could be applied to, as that would surely lose the special appearance?

4) But is an IG item with a custom appearance (or animation) even upgradeable by the Dwarf/Maker? May I put, for instance, INT+6 and Spellcraft +5 on the Circlet of Mental Purity?

I hope these questions are clear, thank you for your time. study

Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1033
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:25 pm

1) I don't specifically endorse transferring properties to a non-magical item before doing upgrades, but other than the extra couple minutes of effort, it doesn't make a difference to me either. It could be seen as a good idea.

2) Yes. You give me a Mighty Bulwark and a normal nonmagical amulet. I can take the knockdown immunity from the Bulwark and transfer it to the other amulet. Then you can proceed with upgrades to the amulet like any other item.

3) Correct. DMs have little to no ability to alter item appearances that player's do not also have. There are specific instances where this might not apply, but I would rather not get into all that. If you choose to transfer hard-to-get properties onto a nonmagical item to avoid it being auto-replaced, you will have to accept the appearance of the nonmagical item, or use the PC tools and VC commands to craft the appearance if you can.

4) I tested this once upon a time and cannot remember the result. I do think it worked, but I am not certain. The Amethyst Dragon would be better able to answer definitively.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:13 am

Thanks a whole bunch, Dave!

I'll jet off a PM to The Amethyst Dragon to ask about augmentations on special appearance items (like Circlet of Mental Purity), and also about on special scripted items (like Statue Breaker Cloak of anti-petrification).
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:26 am

My PM to The Amethyst Dragon netted me the following, out of which one could infer that specially-scripted items are problematic for upgrading by the Dwarf/Maker. And if some very powerful item just might be possibly upgradable, it might not be supposed to.

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:
Ramana Jala wrote:As elaborated in my recent post, I have a question about whether special appearance items (like Circlet of Mental Purity), and special scripted items (like Statue Breaker Cloak of anti-petrification) are upgradeable by the DMs Dwarf or Maker. For instance, I'd like to add INT+6 and Spellcraft +5 to a Circlet of Mental Purity. Or add, say, Reflex +5 and AC +5 to a Statuebreaker's Cloak.
While you could get properties added to the circlet of mental purity helmet, those properties would not get added to your character's "skin item" if using the standard VFX-based appearance for the item. They would only take effect if you pick the "no head vfx" option that disables the VFX circlets and lenses (don't remember the VC command currently). The special properties are added by a script based on the item's tag, rather than directly copying over properties from the helmet item.

As far as upgrading Statuebreaker's cloak, that might be possible. I'm not sure if I tagged it with a variable that prevents additional properties or not. It's been years since I made that item. I know it's appearance/color can't be changed, just not sure about adding additional properties. I may have marked it that way, since it's an incredibly powerful item that basically removes half of the danger of fighting things like beholders (and all of the danger from basilisks and cockatrices).
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:53 pm

The statuebreaker cannot be crafted, but there is no reason it can't be upgraded.

It doesn't actually remove all the danger from petrification attacks, either. You can still end up totally disabled for 1 to 2 rounds until the script kicks in, and that's plenty of time to get deaded. Ask rusty and manny about the dark realm oozes and how much help the cloak was to them without acid resistance.

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:23 am

daveyeisley wrote: Ask rusty and manny about the dark realm oozes and how much help the cloak was to them without acid resistance.

Statuebreaker + beholders = win, after turning ye to stone they (generally) stop casting rays and decide to munch on you for pitiful teeth marks...

Statuebreaker + cockertrice = wait you didn't kill it before you got stoned... move along little adventurer...

Statuebreaker + dark ooze = oh f*ck, I'm a acid melted pool of rubble. Yeah thanks cloak.... ...
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2262
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. :
Registration date : 2008-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Three times a hand draped in a gauntlet bangs upon the door frame of the old tower located beyond the cemetery in the Vale to announce his coming, where-after Celestin proceeds with walking inside, his eyes squinting in the darkness as he looks around to locate the old dwarf, when they finds what they seek he speaks in a friendly tone; "Good evening, master dwarf. I beg you pardon for not alerting you beforehand of my visit, but I have heard rumours of your craftsmanship and wish for you to enchant an amulet of mine to see things as they truly are, shield my mind against attacks, the power to regenerate my wounds, as well empower my divine blessings to turn away the undead*". The winged knight, not quite human, pauses briefly before he speaks again. "Furthermore, I wish you to enchant a ring too, to make me more charismatic, so that I become an even brighter light, to battle the forces of darkness**"..."as for the last request, I wish you to upgrade my armour as well***". The knight then becomes silent, awaiting the dwarf's say...

*OOC: True Sight, Mind-Affecting Immunity, +2 Regen, and the Extra Turning Feat. I have gathered all the materials in pouches, as well as triple checked that I got everything (will check again just to make certain however!). Smile
**OOC2: +6 Charisma. sunny
***OOC3: Upgrade Armor of the Redeemed's +4 Charisma and +4 AC to +6 Charisma and +5 AC. =)
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Angel of Death has been squared away, at least as far as Celestin Chevalier goes ...
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death on Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Eric of Atrophy wrote:Angel of Death has been squared away, at least as far as Celestin Chevalier goes ...

//Thanks again, as for Angelique's and Bruce's requests... they was taking care of by The Amethyst Dragon and Dungeon Master Mythg a while ago. =)
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belarric on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:30 am

The door creaks open and Raiden walks into the room. he looks around the familiar room and notices that again the old dwarf seems to be absent.
As the door closes. the pile of bones in the corner starts to rearrange itself until the bone golem stands in front of him. "I have a list again for the master to get me gear upgraded. I will leave it on the desk"
The golem stands without moving and Raiden walks around to the desk, puts a list on top and walks out the door, without even looking back as the bones clatter behind him to the floor into a pile again.

ooc: got the items to add to a ring; regen +2, immunity to fear and death magic and Dr +3/10
Thanks
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Main Character : Raiden - A warrior monk searches for knowledge in the arts of war
. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:23 am

Belarric has been taken care of!
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Belarric on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:43 am

Eric
*looks quietly over shoulder*
ermm, my DR added shows =3/10 Sad
but I gave you the bits for +3/15 Smile

After all the time you spent searching for me is it possible to change

Thanks
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:49 am

I dunno, Belarric, but according to the upgrade list in the first post of this thread (see below for a quote), as well as an item enhancement list I have saved in my dm journal txt file, +3/10 is the highest that I can offer you through the dwarf upgrades. Did you speak with anyone prior to planning on a +3/15 upgrade?

daveyeisley wrote:206 = Damage Penalty -5
207 = Damage Reduction +1/Soak 5
208 = Damage Reduction +1/Soak 10
209 = Damage Reduction +2/Soak 5
210 = Damage Reduction +2/Soak 10
211 = Damage Reduction +3/Soak 5
212 = Damage Reduction +3/Soak 10
213 = Damage Resistance: Acid /5

And of course, other DMs, please correct me if I am wrong when I say that the +3/10 is the highest offered through this upgrade process ...
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Belarric on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Completed Smile
My new name is Belarric the Idiot

Can't even read me own notes Sad
Yes you are right its +3/soak 10
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:25 pm

It's all good, man! I've done it so many times myself, I always second-guess what I say ...

Glad all is well, then! (And don't worry, I have no plans of calling you Belarric the Idiot!)
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

New Lists - for Archers

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:39 pm

New Lists - for Archers

Bonus Feat: Point Blank Shot

Spoiler:

1 Archer's Friend Longbow (specific item)
2 Deep Red Sphere Ioun Stones
Items with Dexterity enhancement bonus total of 12
2 Blood of Magic
2 Dragon Blood
25,000 gold

Bonus Feat: Rapid Shot

Spoiler:

Boots of Speed
Gloves of the Balanced Hands
1 Star Sapphire
2 Blood of Magic
2 Dragon Blood
25,000 gold

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

EDITED 12/22/2012

Post by daveyeisley on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Fixed an issue with the incorrect name of an item in these lists.

New Lists - for Tough Guys (and gals)

Ter keep from gettin' plagued (immunity to disease):

376 = Immunity Misc: Disease

Spoiler:

1 Amulet of Guarded Health
1 Amulet of Protected Health
1 Amulet of Haleness (Con +6)
A scroll of Restoration
A Scroll of Greater Restoration
Essence of Water
Rings of Fortitude totalling a bonus of +10
30,000 gold

Ter keep from gettin' sick (immunity to poison):

381 = Immunity Misc: Poison

Spoiler:

1 Amulet of Guarded Health
1 Amulet of Protected Health
1 Ring of Poison Immunity
Amulet of Health (Con +4)
Essence of Earth
Rings of Fortitude totalling a bonus of +10
25,000 gold

Last edited by daveyeisley on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belarric on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:10 pm

Character: Raiden

The door creaks open and Raiden wanders into the room, looking at the golem standing quietly in the corner. Looking towards the desk raiden smiles, what a surprise, that dwarf is never here when Im after him.
Walking across to the desk, he lays an already prepared note. Turning to the door, Raiden looks at the golem "Ask him to call when he's free" and with a chuckle, walks put the door and closes it quietly behind him

OOC: I have about 9 or 10 upgrades collected. Any chance we can meet one day to start on them, though not all the same time, dont worry. I reckon we should be done in a few weeks Smile

All sorted, the bossman The Amethyst Dragon, kindly spent the 30+ minutes sorting them out Smile cheers
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:44 pm

Immunity to poison list fixed - had incorrect item name.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm posting here because this thread is current and active.

Are the maker upgrades still available as well? Seems like there are some options in the maker's lists that aren't available from the dwarf? Or am I misreading the lists?
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 447
Main Character : Fren Hilg
Other Character : Isk Mool
Other Character: Remi Ferrand
NWN Username : odbo255
DM Name : Dungeon Master Beowulf
Time Zone : PT
. :
Registration date : 2012-06-22

View user profile http://www.ludism.org/scpix/misc/jt.jpg

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:01 pm

If you want something that is not on the dwarf list, request it and I will make a list. Or you can provide the materials the maker wants, and the Dwarf will subcontract the job out - at a modestly increased fee in gold Razz (about 10%)
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Dave, thanks for the reply.

I'm interested in adding slashing +1d10 (main type of damage) and bludgeoning +1d6 to a shortsword which has a natural damage type of piercing.

Do I need to gather the materials for upgrades 189 Bludgeoning +1d6, 201 Slashing +1d10 only? Or do I need to ALSO gather materials for upgrades 370 = Extra Melee Damage Type: Slashing and 368 = Extra Melee Damage Type: Bludgeoning in addition to 189 and 201? I'm not clear on how these properties relate to each other.

Thanks in advance.
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

. :

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:54 am

To add 1d10 slashing you just need to gather the materials for 5 stages of slashing damage

To add 1d6 bludgeoning, 3 stages of bludgeoning materials

The Extra Melee Damage Type : xxxx properties convert the base damage of the weapon to count as multiple types to gain the most favorable outcome against various defenses, but do not actuallt add any damage to the weapon, they merely pierce defenses better.

The properties you want add additional damage to the weapon, but do not affect the base damage.
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:06 pm

A note lies on the counter awaiting the elderly dwarf wizard. Upon closer review, it becomes apparent that the note is written on paper with fibers of tyrian purple and gold woven within. The paper smells faintly of honeysuckle from the anointment of oils from the author's hand. The script is lightly written, but clearly legible.

Dear Sir Dwarf,

I have left this missive in the care of your esteemed Golem and hope that it finds you well. I have a helm in my possession that I wish to help me better understand objects of mystic origin or for which I am untrained. I understand from others that this may be obtained if I gather the suitable supplies and recompense.

I shall check the bulletin board at the Sleeping Dragon Inn for your response. If I don't see a response there, I will check back here periodically.

Thank you kindly,

Fren Hilg

// OOC: interested in 510 UMD +5 on a helmet

Last edited by odbo255 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

. :

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:37 pm

New List - for Roguish Types

Fer fakin like ye knows how ter read and speak Magic (+5 Use Magic Device):

510 = Skill Bonus: Use Magic Device +5

Spoiler:

1 Lesser Amulet of the Master
1 Amulet of the Master
3 Luckstones
Items totaling +15 in charisma bonus
Essence of Water
15,000 gold

daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Many thanks to EoA for handling about 10 upgrades for me, including the new UMD +5!
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

. :

Back to top Go down

Post by Belarric on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 am

Raiden walks into the tower, and looks over at the Golem stood in the corner
Smiling, he walks towards the desk in the room and talks to the Golem over his shoulder, "Still standing alone I see"

He puts a note on the desk and walks across to the doorway. Opening the door, Raiden walks out telling the Golem to let the old dwarf know when he returns that he is after some help to better understand some obscure tomes he has found

//ooc Im after some help to raise my Lore
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:24 am

odbo255 wrote:Many thanks to EoA for handling about 10 upgrades for me, including the new UMD +5!
It was my pleasure, friend Fren!
Eric of Atrophy
Seriously Epic Level
Seriously Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Dave, quick question... A few of my PCs have those scrolls with the gathering lists/item code lists you made a good while back. Are those lists still valid and up to date?
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5928
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:57 pm

They are mostly up to date but one or two lists have been tweaked and some new ones added
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top