Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Capella Excitement!

2 posters

Go down

A Capella Excitement! Empty A Capella Excitement!

Post by sevenar Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm not sure what kind of music you guys enjoy... personally I like rock and classical and when you mix them (in the case of Apocalyptica) it becomes something wonderful.

However, my absolute favorite groups are a capella. A capella for those of you who don't know literally means "in the style of the chapel" and refers to the Sistine Chapel (which is technically a cathedral if I remember correctly... tomaeto tomahto right?)

Anyway, it means singing with only vocal harmonies and no instruments, although sometimes vocal percussion (beatboxing) is used. Well I'm in an a capella quartet called Road Less Traveled and we just finished recording our first cd. It's a Christmas album called Solstice. We also almost have our website finished and there are some samples on there if anyone wants to go have a listen. The site is:

www.rltacapella.com

I'm super excited about it and want to share it with everyone I know (or pseudo know with all of you Razz ) Hope you enjoy the clips as much as we enjoyed making them. If any of you REALLY like them and want the CD we're working on getting a paypal system set up for the site, and I can keep you updated if you want.

Happy holiday season to everyone!
sevenar
sevenar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 112
Main Character : Sevenar
Other Character : Orson Cardoc
Other Character. : Father Tuck Frost
Other Character.. : Ender ShadowWeave
NWN Username : Miinstrel
Time Zone : Pacific (GMT - 8:00)
Registration date : 2008-11-18

http://www.RLTacapella.com

Back to top Go down

A Capella Excitement! Empty Re: A Capella Excitement!

Post by Svair Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:58 pm

I really liked 'One Holy Night', and enjoyed the other tracks as well.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : A Capella Excitement! Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: