Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you tell me about the server and module?

Go down

Can you tell me about the server and module? Empty Can you tell me about the server and module?

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:00 am

The game currently runs on a dedicated computer purchased and maintained with donations from players:

Can you tell me about the server and module? Status0Dell Optiplex GX520
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.40 ghz
Memory: 3 GB
Connection: Cable
Operating System: Windows XP Professional, SP 3

The module file itself is approximately 117 MB in size (not counting hak file contents).  Each time the server software is reset, it can take up to 90 seconds to fully load all the game resources into memory and allow players to log in.

The game runs in the dedicated server software (nwserver.exe), and is monitored by the NWN Extender software (NWNX2) that restarts the game automatically in the event of a crash.  The game is set to automatically reset itself once every 20 hours.

Building, scripting, and development are performed on my laptop so as to not bog down the game and to allow me to work whenever I get the chance.

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 am; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating module file size info.)
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com