Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horse Armor and Horse Feeding

5 posters

Go down

Horse Armor and Horse Feeding Empty Horse Armor and Horse Feeding

Post by Anthroplayer Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:04 am

I'd like to just say that I just thought up several ideas based on some custom player made content for Bethsda softworks ElderScrolls4:Oblivion.

Now, say someone has a horse? But because they use that horse often it may get injured? By feeding your mount it will heal a small amount of HP. Say, oh, normal horses would obviously eat Hay/Grain. A nightmare and griffin would eat meat. A hippogriph and hippocampus would eat maybe fish or seaweed? Thus we have a method of healing our mount by talking to it and feeding it.

I think that making their inventory for their saddlebags accessable by talking would be good idea too if we implement feeding your mount. For people with animal empathy or for intelligent mounts it would also allow you to speak/pet/groom your mount.

Finally if you could add armor to your mount it would increase its AC, which would be very useful for people who use their mounts to charge into battle or bring them to dangerous regions.

Now, since the normal horses only have about 10-20 HP, each feeding should heal maybe 5 HP? Since a nightmare and griffin are both intelligent mounts and have the ability to enter combat against your enemies along side you (like a hireling), it would probably be wiser that their food heal more. Exotic mounts like a hippogriph or hippocampus would likely not be able to use armor, but you should still be able to feed them, and neither have the capability to fight either from my knowledge...

But these are ideas that could improve the experience for those who use a mount. It allows you to have armor, food, and conversation with them.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Horse Armor and Horse Feeding Empty Re: Horse Armor and Horse Feeding

Post by RustyDios Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:18 am

This is a really good intriguing idea... and now that we can stable our mounts ((by using horse stable in/out at a designated stable area - keep an eye on that combat logs blue messages)) this brings mount functionality further into the game... I really like the idea of horse armour or barding... but get (I think) 10+ ranks in the ride skill and ye can purchase a heavy warhorse (with barding) already... ... so to extend the idea of Armour - Horse Only Barding we could get some with magical properties, such as DR and SR, that can only be used on horses ... and then get horses that circumvent the "NO horses allowed" restrictions because they be "brave" war horses.... .... ... ??
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Horse Armor and Horse Feeding Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:01 pm

great idea, lets see what The Amethyst Dragon can do with them Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:47 pm

I have already noted that a horse CAN wear some cloaks..... after ye give it some saddlebags.... .... the cloaks vanish however after a mount/demount but all items in active inventory stay.... .... continued testing and horses CAN wear certain armours (mainly robes).... same rules as for cloaks.... ... basically give it to the horse , if it shows as white the horse can wear it, (inc rings, boots, amulets... but not helms, weapons or gloves)... this can be useful but any equipped items will vanish after a mount/demount .. ... and none of the above seemed to provide any extra's once mounted .... ..... .... also VC command "horse emptybags" is a bit iffy.. it doesn't always empty the bag, and never seems to give ye the bags back.... .... and all horse inventory vanishes after a stable in/out.... .....

So that is how things currently stand, to my reckoning.... I'm sure this can be improved upon .....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:34 am

I'll have to check on the horse emptybags thing not working right.

The inventory vanishing when you stable the horse...that one is intentional...the horses aren't a form of persistent storage...and when you leave your horse somewhere without watching it, someone could easily walk off with the saddlebags and everything in them.

The equipped items vanishing on mount/dismount...that one is probably due to the fact that a horse's inventory is moved "elsewhere" while you are mounted, then restored when the horse is restored (dismounted). Technically, items in equipments slots aren't in inventory, but in equipment slots, so those probably aren't copied over by the game engine when you mount up.

I do like the idea of caring for a horse to help it out or getting horse-enhancing items. Something for me to think about.

And as noted previously, actual ranks in Ride (not counting ability/extra bonuses) mean you can buy stronger horses with better armor.
0-4 ranks: riding horse (no barding)
5-9 ranks: light war horse (leather barding)
10+ ranks: heavy war horse (plate/chain barding)
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:29 am

Are all the horse dealers supposed to offer heavy warhorses? Angelica has 40 base ride skill, and all the mountainholm guy offers her are riding horses and light war horses.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:55 am

Is it possible to tie the animal companion/familiar dialogue tree (and functions) into the horses?... feeding,playing,joking all in there..
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down