Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea....

4 posters

Go down

Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea.... Empty Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea....

Post by ThorGar OakenShield Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:11 pm

There are several quests which are only available once per reset. This seems rediculous to me. You can't do a quest more than once on a character so why make someone else who needs the quest wait for a server reset to do it? There are several 'boss' level monsters that do respawn, why don't they all? Particularly bosses required for quests. I had to wait through a week of resets to finish Hope Reborn because everytime I tried to do it 2 of the spawns were already killed. However 1 of them respawns. Whats the logic behind them all not respawning. If its to prevent farming them, remember there are several other boss level good xp mobs that do respawn. Allowing them ALL to respawn would reduce the overall farming of all the high xp mobs.

Teshian Iron quest Manny brought up in a seperate post, but deserves mention here since I'm trying to bring these all into 1 place. As it stands it seems you only get 10 bars per reset, enough for 1 character to do it. And yes, I had to bash the chests to get it...

*** My suggestion for this quest is to make the ore that is mineable (seemingly endlessly) able to be smelted into bars at a live forge. This would also make finding mining the silver ore more fun profitable by smelting it into silver bars =-) ***

The Elven wine quest was similarly once per reset but thats been changed. THANK YOU!!

The Priest of Conflagrals brother does not respawn and needs to if you have the quest. He should spawn if someone in the party has the quest.

There's something a miss with Vorshy. My wife and I did the quest. She talked to Kerril and recieved the reward. But, my journal also updated but I recieved nothing. Fortunately upon returning by myself My journal reverted back and on killing Vorshy I was able to get the reward for myself. (Talons journal is stuck uncompleted tho Ive killed Vorshy numerous times. He still never got the reward.)

Which also means he cant get Darla to trigger the Armor of the redeemed though he has the parts needed.

Also the recent Book for adventure quest for the Evil quest the first part doesn't respawn. so again once per reset if you want to enjoy a quest.... (Also I heard but did not experience that the item from that first part did not appear)

If ever there is a need to help with testing anything I would be happy and honored to help.
ThorGar OakenShield
ThorGar OakenShield
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 37
Main Character : Talon OakenShield
NWN Username : ThorGar OakenShield
Time Zone : GMT -5:00
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea.... Empty Re: Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea....

Post by daveyeisley Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:32 pm

again 100% agreed.

Was never a fan of needing a server reset for encounters/quests to be enjoyed/completed.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea.... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea.... Empty Re: Quest respawn suggestion, request, plea....

Post by inthecorridors Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:56 pm

Yes, please. I still haven't managed to do the Teshian iron one on either character. Sad Miow's been all through there several times and never seen a single chest.
inthecorridors
inthecorridors
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Female Number of posts : 237
Main Character : Miow non Fharfegtuben
Other Character : Takara Ankara Harom
Other Character. : Aella Risingstorm
NWN Username : inthecorridors
Time Zone : GMT-5
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:51 am

On my list. Thanks.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down