Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dracolich

3 posters

Go down

Dracolich Empty Dracolich

Post by Vilmand Sun May 31, 2009 10:15 pm

I went to attack the Dragolich and it paralysed me. How is this so, what energy is it using to paralyse me? I'm asking because since I had immunity to fear (dragon slippers on) and from what I know about fear that paralysis is a bi-product of fear. Fear is the greatest negative emotion which freezes and stops people in their tracks i.e. paralyses one. So shouldn't the slippers also stop this paralysis?
Vilmand
Vilmand
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Dracolich Empty Re: Dracolich

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Sun May 31, 2009 10:55 pm

Paralysis touch is just one of those things that liches do. Common to all lich varieties (as far as I know), it's just an evil, magical "you stay still" button. Fear usually generates a more energetic response (i.e., running like hell Razz )
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:12 am

Fear and paralysis are two separate effects. Fear is classified under mental effects, so an item which provides mind-spell immunity would also protect from fear. Paralysis is a movement effect (or rather deprivation of such). Immunity: paralysis will guard against that, as will it's parent immunity "freedom" (which protects against other movement inhibitors such as entangle and web).

I don't recall ever seeing an item that grants the specific immunity against paralysis, but I have seen rings/cloaks of movement, as well as rings of power, which provide the 'Freedom' property. There's also a pitchform (CEP Trident base item) which has the freedom property on it.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down