Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea...

+4
daveyeisley
Eric of Atrophy
MannyJabrielle
The Amethyst Dragon
8 posters

Go down

If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea... Empty If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea...

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 am

I'm looking at putting together a little promotional video for Aenea (that I can post on youtube). I think I've got a good video capture program now, and it turns out my computer already has an ok video editing program so I can add some titles and a soundtrack.

So, what about Aenea do you think should be featured in such a video? Certain locations? Particular monsters? Favorite custom items/visualeffects/etc.? Teamwork in action? Mr. Wriggles?

I'd definitely like to get a variety of PCs into the video, along with in-game action shots. Oh, and some elementals. If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea... 758713
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea... Empty Re: If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea...

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 am

Auger and Mr Wriggles would be honored to be film stars Very Happy

A group of players taking down say, the nemesis... and another group fighting a horde of Aenea's orcs....

The Crideas Magical confetti explosion

The Living Sky project

VFX headwear and vfx masks/hats/helms

The ice reach glaciers

PCs "jumping" over jump points

Perhaps a shot of PCs fighting baddies in one of Junius Brutus' Sunglory challenges (at night, when the lighting really shows)

Wanderer's portals activating

And of course, the fireplace in the SDI
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea... Empty Re: If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea...

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:53 am

Yup ... pretty much anything that sets Aenea apart from the rest of the servers ... which is pretty much everything.
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 am

I think it would be cool to show off some of the new spell visuals like Teleport Barrier, Teleport, Transference, Disintegrate, Haste, Cloud of Bewilderment, Protective Gale, the Epic Deflection AC seed, maybe the Natural Armor seed.... and of course, some of the cooler looking creatures.

Trolls, Orcs, Goblins, Zombies, Purple Worm, Rust Monster (hate em, but they do look the way they're supposed to), Snakes, Owlbears, Soulbourne Demons, Serpent Disciple, Dragons and Elementals.

None of my PCs are nearly as appearance-polished as others have, but I am pretty happy with Lucian, Gabriel, and Blink. Crideas hasn't changed in quite a while, and I got no plans or desire to mess with his look. If you wish, any of those four are happy to help.

Gotta include some footage of the dragon companions and how they get bigger over time.

Watching the Silver Moon boatrides at night with the starry skies would be a cool visual, too, cuz you can see the waves parting, etc.

The Skeletal Mob in the Fields of Death.

The Balor Nemesis' Throne Room.

The Elder Calithian Vampire's Tomb.

Icegrind's Lair. Vorshlag's Lair.

The top floor of Icereach Castle.

The depths of the Cauldron.

Deathwater Island & The Temple of Teeth.

The Celestan Ocean.

So many places to show off...

Might need to make it a series of videos.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : If you wanted to show off playing in Aenea... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 am

Agree with all the above... And any of my PC's would love to be in the spotlight... maybe the video could progress from new PC at creation .. "through the level stages" of Aenea (Goblins, Ants, Gnolls, Drow, Duegar, Umberhulks, Flayers, Armies of Orcs, Hordes of Undead, Dragons, Beholders, Demons) ... ... ultimately ending in that choice under the waterfall ....

Maybe also a split/edited version of a PC using a tome/lady shea, showing the char screen before and after ... and a little section on crafting using either the boots or shronji's (I'm never sure I get the name right) .... Maybe any number of the crafting of items (casting visuals, creation effects, item appearing in inventory)....

And I think the landing animation of The Amethyst Dragon should be in it somewhere.... or maybe just the DMinvis-to-visible whilst an expectant player watches and gets frightened (like I did that first time!).. ...

I even wouldn't mind a brief shot or two from inside the Grounds of Gratitude// Rising Sun.... ... Especially that "ring of information mythallars" in Grace's Library at Mistborne... ... ...

And as for them enemies, I'd also go for the beholders (plus eyerays), elderbrain, sorgath devotees (the yuan-ti like ones), the purple worm (in and out shots, and the results of being dinner) .... the various trolls in thier natural habitats....

And maybe a "changing of the seasons" shot across the Vale (hopefully getting some solid sun > snow/rain effects) ..... Maybe a "Rising of the twins" on a twin full moon & the changing of a wolfblood/werewolf PC .... ..

There is just so much awesomeness in Aenea, that any video to truely capture the spirit of the world would need to be around (how long have I been playing?).. approx 2.5yrs long Smile
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:19 pm

Actually, it may come off a little better if the center of the piece is not about the extras, but rather includes them in the telling of a small story. Much like the original Star Wars was not about the huge FX, or that the Aenean journal of a bungled thief's craving for cheese sandwiches was not centered on the various bonuses, but included them in a humerous tale in which most could relate. Like have the PC make a slow pan towards the heavens at dusk to see where their patron's constellation may be for needed directions.

One could even break it up into many short videos that tells the tale of some character over a period of time; from newbie stuff to ultra-Epic.

Just a thought....
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:52 am

Also, how could we leave out the Great hall, and especially Zolaras' Gift tokens Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm

An idea, which maybe should be made part of the regular gameplay too...

Have some neutral ghostly NPCs wandering around the hall lol
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:27 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:An idea, which maybe should be made part of the regular gameplay too...

Have some neutral ghostly NPCs wandering around the hall lol
Had them at one time. Decided to reduce area loading times and module scripts running by removing them. Might add them back in now that I know more about scripting.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:43 pm

That'd rock...

Or even an avatar of Zolaras (who could possibly also have a lil dialogue for playes explaining how death/xpdebt/piety works).
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeglin Dubh Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:30 pm

I think showcasing heroes and antiheroes of Aenea would be a nice touch as well. Have a party of people like Derfel, Aubrey, Gabriel, and Derik doing something suitably heroic, like fighting Vorshlag, and then maybe another scene where Noric and Kasigi come out of the shadows to assassinate an Orcish general.
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'm writing many of these down so that I can capture them in-game (to work in both the action and the scenery). I'll probably work in a few screenshots, too.

Now also need to go through my music collection to pick a song that would fit the feel of the video.

I might just end up doing a few videos, each with different music and a different "theme". Kind of like how with some movies they put out different trailers for the same film that feature different characters and places.

My musical taste is rather eclectic, so I have things from classical to movie scores to techno to rock to even some Marilyn Manson (my collection does not include any country though). Razz I could see a "heroic" video using Queen's "We are the Champions" or "We Will Rock You".
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:19 pm

Anything from 'Highlander' soundtrack should work, as well as any score from Danny Elfman (eg; Planet of the Apes was best part of film, and might be great to show off those new Tiki masks).
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:35 pm

Heroic Video: Martin O'Donnell - Halo Theme
(if you dont have this The Amethyst Dragon, I can send an MP3)

Evil Video: Twisted Sister - "We're not Gonna Take it"
(can provide this if needed, as well)
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:31 pm

Hey, nothing wrong with country :-P
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by eeriegeek Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 pm

You know... this makes me think Aenea really needs its own theme song... any musicians out there up to composing "Waltz of the Purple Dragon" ?
eeriegeek
eeriegeek
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 244
Main Character : Amaerillie
Other Character : K'az T'anii
Other Character. : Xephod
Other Character.. : Eg'bo
NWN Username : eeriegeek
Time Zone : GMT-4
Registration date : 2009-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down