Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wondering about items

Go down

wondering about items Empty wondering about items

Post by titus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:40 pm

there are a couple of items mentioned in the ingredients lists for in-game upgrades that don't seem to exist. ...or do they???

- dark blue rhomboid ioun stone. does he really mean dark blue? pin has a collection of like, 5 or 6 dozen ioun stones, and i've never once seen a dark blue rhomboid, sold or in a drop.

- illithid eyeballs. been through the mindflayers over a dozen times, i've got, like, a six-pack of elder brain juice, and never have i had any eyeballs drop. i do have the 'collect small items' option turned on. are these things just super ultra rare, or do they just not drop? [seems like hellacious overkill for only a +5 skill bonus if they almost never drop...]

and on the subject of mindflayers, is the elder brain fluid actually useful for anything, or is it just a token that you've defeated the big-bad in the mindflayer hall?

and on the subject of interesting-but-not-useful token items dropping, pin's collected a number of luxury holy symbols [adamantine, diamond-studded, etc]. are these just for potential gloat-value, or is there a purpose for them?

thanks!
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 176
Location : here... i'm in here! let me out! *bang,bang,bang* let me out!
Main Character : pin, cleric of mystara
Other Character : kiir'iss, displaced drow bard of myth'sarel
NWN Username : titus
Time Zone : GMT-8:00
Registration date : 2011-11-11

Back to top Go down

wondering about items Empty Re: wondering about items

Post by RustyDios on Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm sure the dark-blue ioun's exist... I'll check my bags, see what I can dig up as I know Jay at least has one of every type currently available ....

Illithid eyeballs DO drop, and you need "collect small items" set to on... they should drop and go in your inventory automatically after killing illthids... it is possible since the new spawn system was put in place the "OnDeath" scripts for the illithids isn't correctly giving the eyeballs... ...

Elder Brain juice is used in the crafting of an item... erm...digging....

Armor of Mind Shielding
Command: enchant armor mshield
Requirements:
Craft Armor: 10 ranks
Spell: Mind Blank
Gold: 5250
XP: 420
Base: Masterwork Full-Plate Armor

Armor of Mind Shielding, Greater
Command: enchant armor mshield2
Requirements:
Material: .Elder Brain Fluid
Base: armor of mind shielding

The "luxury" holy symbols, if they are the ones I'm thinking of (small 1x2icons, silver, zolaras holy symbol) are part of a set of four that were scattered into the seas of the world... bringing all four back to "where they belong" will create something useful.. maybe.... ..... ..damn plot spoilers avoidance.... if you need more info and would like to go on a little treasure hunt, remind me one day on line and we'll hunt down the ones you don't have ... Smile
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : wondering about items Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:24 pm

RustyDios wrote:I'm sure the dark-blue ioun's exist... I'll check my bags, see what I can dig up as I know Jay at least has one of every type currently available ....
kewl. Smile

RustyDios wrote:Illithid eyeballs DO drop, and you need "collect small items" set to on... they should drop and go in your inventory automatically after killing illthids... it is possible since the new spawn system was put in place the "OnDeath" scripts for the illithids isn't correctly giving the eyeballs... ...
well then i think that must be the case, bc i definitely have the item collection option turned on, and i get feedback in the chat window, so there's no type-o.

RustyDios wrote:Elder Brain juice is used in the crafting of an item... erm...digging....

Armor of Mind Shielding
Command: enchant armor mshield
Requirements:
Spell: Mind Blank
Base: Masterwork Full-Plate Armor

Armor of Mind Shielding, Greater
Command: enchant armor mshield2
Requirements:
Material: .Elder Brain Fluid
Base: armor of mind shielding
ah, very cool. sorry i missed that, i checked crafting but must've been looking at pr0n at the time or something... :?

RustyDios wrote:The "luxury" holy symbols, if they are the ones I'm thinking of (small 1x2icons, silver, zolaras holy symbol) are part of a set of four that were scattered into the seas of the world... bringing all four back to "where they belong" will create something useful.. maybe.... ..... ..damn plot spoilers avoidance.... if you need more info and would like to go on a little treasure hunt, remind me one day on line and we'll hunt down the ones you don't have ... Smile
will do!

thanks rusty, as usual you are a goldmine of info. Smile
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:12 pm

What is this 'pick up small items' command?

And how do you manage to learn about these kind of things, Titus? I suppose it's one of those of about a million VC commands that's not in the list that only the Aenean oldtimers know about, eh?

scratch
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1045
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:27 pm

Ramana Jala wrote:What is this 'pick up small items' command?

And how do you manage to learn about these kind of things, Titus? I suppose it's one of those of about a million VC commands that's not in the list that only the Aenean oldtimers know about, eh?

scratch
WHO you callin' 'oldtimer' there, vieillarde?! Razz
[hell, i'm still trying to learn my way around he'levan...]

anyway, yeah, 'pick up small items', well, on that vc sheet you link to above, scroll down until you see 'option help' under 'general commands'. there's a funky little plus/minus thing '±' you have to click on or else you don't see the 'pick up small items' option.
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:50 pm

Careful on the minor item collector; one of a couple things off the top of my thoughts that could fill inventory space rapidly.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1773
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Elhanan wrote:Careful on the minor item collector; one of a couple things off the top of my thoughts that could fill inventory space rapidly.
i've had this option set for several weeks now, and haven't had anything automatically added to my inventory, let alone being overwhelmed by them.
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Ah well you should be getting Small leaves, twigs, pebbles, stones, rat skulls, cobwebs and all manner of things....

BUT.. only if walk in the right areas, like around the edges of forests... or close by the river banks... ... .. Maybe try switching it off..relogging and setting it on again....

Erm.. had a look at the iouns and it might be possible that it refers to the PALE blue ioun stone.... what was it for? ...

RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:03 pm

No, no, no, I didn't mean you were an oldtimer, Titus! I was merely wondering how you, as a fairly newbie here, were discovering things that I only expected those here for years to know as secret knowledge.

So yes I had missed the meaning of that one, thanks for clarifying what that one meant in that nested sublist.

BTW... in perusing that list oh so carefully again I discovered again the link to the vfx quivers and packs... I don't suppose we actually have various sword scabbards available? Crossed swords scabbards on the back would make me oh so happy!

Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Hmm.. not as a vfx we don't ..... however a custom armour item with neck part 23 will net you a decent cross-swords scabbard appearance....

wondering about items Neck2310

.. and number 25 is a greatsword style one...

wondering about items Neck2311

.. there are also a single scabbard and duel-scabbard belts too ... numbers 34 and 35...

wondering about items Neck2312
wondering about items Neck2313
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:54 am

RustyDios wrote:Ah well you should be getting Small leaves, twigs, pebbles, stones, rat skulls, cobwebs and all manner of things....

BUT.. only if walk in the right areas, like around the edges of forests... or close by the river banks... ... .. Maybe try switching it off..relogging and setting it on again....
well, when i type ;;option collect, i do get feedback in the msg window saying the option has been turned on or off, so i think this should be working. however, pin's not picking up any leaves, twigs, webs, pebbles, or any of that nonsense, and she often travels around rivers, in forests, etc. so i'm wondering if maybe sth got broken smw along the way? like maybe the routine still says it's toggling the variable, but the variable isn't actually being set??

RustyDios wrote:Erm.. had a look at the iouns and it might be possible that it refers to the PALE blue ioun stone.... what was it for? ...
for spot+5. yes, i have plenty of pale blues, just no dark blues. puzzling...
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:57 am

RustyDios wrote:Hmm.. not as a vfx we don't ..... however a custom armour item with neck part 23 will net you a decent cross-swords scabbard appearance....
[snip]
hey, those are really cool! so, sb w/ranks in 'craft arms and armor' should be able to get to those at an alterations shop?
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:42 am

Yes, I now remember seeing a scabbard on the hip while altering some clothing. A crossed scabbards is available! Thank you so much, Rusty! So this means that because it's on the armor itself, it could be stacked with a quiver, interesting.

Is there a command to hide the cloak appearance, so that it won't clip with those scabbards?

Titus, as far as I know, you only need the 3 ranks in Craft Armor to do that at the Sronj's, along with the flat fee per session (less than 300 gold if I recall correctly). Take note that you can make as many alterations as you want on the one set of clothing/armor, and then say copy it back onto your toon, and it's only the one low fee applied at that time that you say copy back. (My previous PW, you paid for every piece, it could take 3k to do all the alterations on one item.)

And you've found a ioun stone that gives spot +5? The stones that whirl above your head? I thought that all of them were only +1 in any given benefit.
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by titus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:58 am

Ramana Jala wrote:Titus, as far as I know, you only need the 3 ranks in Craft Armor to do that at the Sronj's, along with the flat fee per session (less than 300 gold if I recall correctly). Take note that you can make as many alterations as you want on the one set of clothing/armor, and then say copy it back onto your toon, and it's only the one low fee applied at that time that you say copy back. (My previous PW, you paid for every piece, it could take 3k to do all the alterations on one item.)
yeah, i know it's 'only' 3 ranks... but that's 3 ranks fewer i could dedicate to spot, or spellcraft, or sth really germaine to the character's development, both in terms of game mechanics and rp. it's sort of like a friend of mine once said, "i don't play clothiers, dammit, i play adventurers!" of course, the result of that is that on pw's where there are no npc's w/professions, my chars get short-schrifted [unless there's a kind-hearted fellow pc who happens to've invested ranks in a crafting skill -- which reminds me... [pm sent... Wink] ]

Ramana Jala wrote:And you've found a ioun stone that gives spot +5? The stones that whirl above your head? I thought that all of them were only +1 in any given benefit.
er... no. sorry to get your hopes up. actually, the ioun ston is a material component required for a +5 spot upgrade ; one of many, the others being eyes of the cat, 1 dragon's blood, 1 bom, 1 scroll clairaudience / clairvoyance, 5 aquamarines, and 5 amethysts. and gold, of course. everybody wants shinies...
titus
titus
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm

titus wrote:yeah, i know it's 'only' 3 ranks... but that's 3 ranks fewer i could dedicate to spot, or spellcraft, or sth really germaine to the character's development, both in terms of game mechanics and rp. it's sort of like a friend of mine once said, "i don't play clothiers, dammit, i play adventurers!" of course, the result of that is that on pw's where there are no npc's w/professions, my chars get short-schrifted [unless there's a kind-hearted fellow pc who happens to've invested ranks in a crafting skill -- which reminds me... [pm sent... Wink] ]

I'm pretty sure that Craft Armor is an Untrained skill, which means that if you put on an item with that skill bonus, you can do it. Such items may be skinning knife, helm, etc. And if your have any INT modifiers, or items that grant INT (ioun stone for INT and skill bonus will get you one each), that will get you some ranks in Craft Armor also. Ramana has only 1 point invested, but with items and INT bonuses she can even make the DC 12 for altering cloaks.

(And yeah, been looking for you for that tailoring job. *nod nod*)
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios on Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Ramana Jala wrote:
Is there a command to hide the cloak appearance, so that it won't clip with those scabbards?

Not exactly.... since cloaks became "visible" items it is widely believed that they "should be visible".. so if your wearing a cloak, your wearing a cloak.... however.... since I like finding work-arounds... tailor your cloak to the "jesters bells" style, and recolour everything in the metalic-silver colour... erm... colour 61 on all the charts (use the VC method and a magical dye pot)... I think all but 1 of the colours will go "invisible" which will leave you with a few small and unobtrusive triangles around your neck.... (if you want to see it, try and catch me on0line with Wanda at any time) ... Smile Smile

... And titus..... Grace can craft nearly anything... just a reminder, if you can catch me feel free to ask for some help.... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 pm

Thank you again, Rusty, you're a fount of knowledge! I'll give that cloak crafting a try sometime. Wink
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy on Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:36 pm

As far as the crafting stuff goes, it was my understanding that The Amethyst Dragon was doing away with the rank requirements, so that more folks can benefit from its deliciousness. Personally, all of my PCs have at least 3 ranks in crafting, or know someone who does and is friendly.

by the by, rustydios, will you pm me about the quest you mentioned in this previous thread? I don't ever do the added bonus stuff that ad puts in, because I can't ever figure out his riddles.
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4067
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyme_gg on Sun May 27, 2012 10:13 am

Is the small object collection working? im trying to gather a vampire fang. not sure if its a small item or regular drop. and havent been able to find one on several different vampire baddies.
Lyme_gg
Lyme_gg
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts : 67
Main Character : Nataku
Other Character : Kank
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley on Sun May 27, 2012 11:08 am

Last I knew it was working, yes... but you are not the first person recently to indicate it may not be.

The fangs can also be purchased, by the way, if you know where to find the "really good stuff"!

Razz
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6926
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala on Sun May 27, 2012 11:15 am

I've had Small Item Collection on for months, and didn't understand if it was supposed to give more small things in loot drops, or pick up things on the wayby. But if it's supposed to pick up things on the wayby, I haven't gotten anything yet. Still have yet to try to reset it by offing and on. (My herb collection bag picks up things just fine on the wayby, btw.)
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Lay Follower of Jewel,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down