Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some changes in Gods' favors

4 posters

Go down

Some changes in Gods' favors Empty Some changes in Gods' favors

Post by ColdWind Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:36 am

I've noticed that most of divine favors are not scaling with levels. Actually, only Asis god bless scales properly. So, I suggest to make it scalable to all the others:
1. Quantities per day - PC level/2 (;;god bless me actions)
2. Price in deity - 1-10 base, 11-20 - x2, 21-30 - x4, 31-40 - x8. I'll take these stages for the rest modifications.
3. Asis' bless should be replaced with cure light, moderate, critical and heal. As is, paying for possible full heal of 1000hp /some nice amount for lv40pc/ 1000piety points is just...  Rolling Eyes .
4. Summoned creatures (elementals) - base, huge, greater, elder. Andra - according to granted spells.
5. Buffs length - base, x2, x3,x4
6. ... More suggestions?

That should make piety points worth gathering/spending gold for to have some real help from your god in tough battles, and not just shouting for help just for fun. Probably the price increasement is too low, what do you think?
ColdWind
ColdWind
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Back to top Go down

Some changes in Gods' favors Empty Re: Some changes in Gods' favors

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:16 pm

I have not looked over ALL the deity favors to have any opinion on scaling buffs ect...

BUT...

Yes, I think certain ones should scale.  The elementals should.  My level 40 typhis devotee's air elemental is quite useless most of the time.  It's only good for beating on things ridiculously under her level, or providing one or two seconds of distraction against things closer to her level (after said one or two seconds... there's no more elemental!)

The ONE change I would like to see....

CHOOSING between the favors!

Sometimes I *do* use the elemental, but there are times when I do not need or want it, and would rather the zephyr haste effect.  If I'm dishing out piety points.... I should be able to choose what I buy with them TBH.

There are other deities who also grant multiple favors, and the randomness of what effect you get makes it simply not fun or worth the hassle to use.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ColdWind Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:30 pm

ok,
6. Add ;;god bless me1 and ;;god bless me2 vc commands Smile
7. Please, remove this "I sacrifice the remains..." from the chatbox, it's very annoying and makes it difficult to read whisps from PCs
ColdWind
ColdWind
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 am

I second the ability to choose gods' favors.

Random results are absolutely totally unusable.  And it's just for this reason that I don't use the diety favors, at all, despite their potential.

If one is in the middle of battle and sure could use a bit of something, but some other random favor happens... totally not useful.

You would think that the god would give you the most useful favor, after all, for your circumstances.  Rather than some random unhelpful effect that might be actually counterproductive (i.e., might get you killed, or at the very least take your time that could be used to fire off an actually predictably helpful spell).

If it's a VC command, that could be quickslotted.

Also, it would be cool to have something said for each choice, like "I call upon Prizimal to change night to day!"  Or if that's too much, then for all of them just a generic, "My Lord, bless me with your favor!"
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:08 am

These are all very good ideas which I would like to see Smile

Especially for the followers of Gort it would be nice if you can select which favour you want. I personally has never had a use for the horse you can get given that my demonspawn PC is a monk and can outrun any mount in the blink of an eye Razz A haste/mass hass effect would be a much nicer boon than a horse from the God of Travels; aids in getting you faster around the Realms and helps in combat!

Last edited by Angel of Death on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:35 pm

Yeah, I never use the gort one either.  When i want a horse to go riding about... transference.  When I'm in a spot where I need transference to pop across a gap... Hello there horse...

Alastair's the opposite... he tends to want the horse more than a use of transference.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down