Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summoned Creatures as actual summoned creatures (will fix two broken spells as well)

2 posters

Go down

Summoned Creatures as actual summoned creatures (will fix two broken spells as well) Empty Summoned Creatures as actual summoned creatures (will fix two broken spells as well)

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:02 am

Summoned Creatures....

Creatures summoned via the Summon Creature I through IX spells are added to the party as henchmen, not as actual summons.  Undead summons are added as such as well, and several other miscellaneous summoned creature types.

This causes a few issues.  One is if you get disconnected, the summons do not unsummon.  WHen you log back in, you do not have them re-added to your party either.  If you were disconnected in the middle of a fight, and you're a mage that happens to like using AoEs.... this becomes a very nasty problem as those summons which did not unsummon can become new enemies trying to kill you should they take any AoE damage.  Second issue..... it completely breaks dismissal/banish.  These two spells do not function at all because the targets are not actual summons but henchmen.

Now, if they were summoned as actual summoned creatures, that would fix all the above problems.  And it IS possible to have multiple summoned creatures.  The NWN Community patch accomplishes this, and I've seen it done on several servers.  If it would help, I could dig up exactly how it's done and post the relevant scripting here.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Summoned Creatures as actual summoned creatures (will fix two broken spells as well) Empty Re: Summoned Creatures as actual summoned creatures (will fix two broken spells as well)

Post by A_Vagabond Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:28 am

I've got the code in my archives as well (did the multi-summon thing on my PW) if it's needed.
A_Vagabond
A_Vagabond
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Female Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2010-11-04

Back to top Go down