Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat

3 posters

Go down

Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat Empty Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat

Post by Icingblade Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:37 pm

Drow subrace was not granted ambidexterity feat at creation. The Ancient Anvil of Updating does not fix this problem.
Icingblade
Icingblade
Apprentice
Apprentice

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2016-03-21

Back to top Go down

Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat Empty Re: Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat

Post by Icingblade Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:56 pm

At a crossroads with my Drow. She wants Improved Two-weapon Fighting and cannot get without Ambidex. Should I sacrifice a feat now and wait for a fix later?
Icingblade
Icingblade
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat Empty Re: Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:37 pm

What time do you typically play?  I may be able to help you out in that regard.
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Icingblade Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:46 am

Assistance would be much appreciated Eric of Atrophy. I usually go to work around 4-5 pm PST. I get some play in before then and then late at night. I will be out of town this weekend so if I don't see you this week maybe we can meet up next week and figure this thing out.
Icingblade
Icingblade
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:25 pm

Eric, I made a post on this topic in the staff forum - problem is basically that my workaround doesn't allow the Ambidex to be applied on the character sheet directly, so it doesn't count for helping the PC qualify for other feat pre-requistites during levelup.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Drow subrace missing ambidexterity feat Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Also, Icingblade, thank you for making this post - for now, I would sacrifice a feat if 2-weapon is integral to your build. The only way I know to fix the issue will require The Amethyst Dragon's help, and if he is able to find time to assist, he can probably de-level you so you can recoup the feat at that time.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Icingblade Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:57 pm

Sounds good. Thanks daveyeisley.
Icingblade
Icingblade
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi Icingblade, The Amethyst Dragon sent us the info we need to most likely correct the problem. Next time a DM is online with you, they should be able to assist with the proper command and code provided by The Amethyst Dragon.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Icingblade Mon May 09, 2016 11:08 pm

Thanks DM team The Amethyst Dragon,daveyeisley,Eric of Atrophy ! My drow is once again wandering the dark corridors and roads of Aenea completing her missions with her full racial abilities.
Icingblade
Icingblade
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue May 10, 2016 9:21 pm

Fix was applied manually.

If anybody is willing to make a Drow cleric and level it up to 7 or so.... I would be curious to see if the bug is reproducible... Icingblade had it on like 2 or 3 drow clerics...

My suspicion is some script (maybe related to replacing the PC skin) may have a bug... but I havent had time to make a test PC and try to replicate it.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down