Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault VII - No More Nordic Track!

5 posters

Go down

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault VII - No More Nordic Track! Empty Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault VII - No More Nordic Track!

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:38 pm

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=6953

For anyone who's never quite liked the 1.68+ animations for running/walking.... I've been using this override lately. It returns the walk-run animations back to the pre-1.68 styles (doesn't look like your character is cross-country skiing anymore). It works with cloaks too, unlike the other rather well known animation fix.

I've only been using the base version so far... and as I haven't played around anyone wearing a CEP robe, I'm not sure if it covers them or not, nor if the fantasy-dresses version would cover all the extra robe types. Fighting styles still look the same and aren't affected whatsoever.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault VII - No More Nordic Track! Empty Re: Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault VII - No More Nordic Track!

Post by Kefrem Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:53 am

There is a bug in this manny that deals with hips. The coding for hips was fubar in this version(i think) so it could crash your game on a very small chance if someone went stealthy with hips. Something to do with how nwn displays them disappearing or something.

It was one of the main reason bioware re-did all the animations...we had the same issue over on *Athas Reborn* and we had to have our modeler recode a ton of models...our half giants and thri-kreen in particular to try to fix it and we still never fully achieved it. I still crashed alot over there when someone would hips near me.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault VII - No More Nordic Track! Empty Re: Custom Content Recommendations from the NwN Vault VII - No More Nordic Track!

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:16 am

Not sure if it's fixed in this version.

We could always test it out sometime with Spyder. Let her go jabby-pokey crazy on one of my characters, see if it crashes me at all Very Happy
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:57 am

Just giving this some bumpage ... do you guys know if this crashes like Kefrem said? I think I wanna try it out, regardless ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:34 pm

I use it and haven't had any troubles with it so far. It does make the walking/running look alot better.
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthroplayer Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Unfortunatly while the running and walking does look better with this, the run and walk style is actually quite unrealistic if a person was wearing armor or wielding a melee weapon. As such I personally don't like it.
To make things worse for everyone that does and doesn't like it, the crash issue is something that cannot be removed unless you reverse your NWN version to 1.68, in which the last fix patch is usable. The current patch cannot be used with this override nor can this be fixed.

Anyway, the crash issue only occurs when one player becomes stealthed, unstealths, and stealths again. This is very sad for players who rely on either hide or move silently.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down