Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel

4 posters

Go down

Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel Empty Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel

Post by Enterprise2001 Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:35 am

It would be fantastic, if after correctly dialing a new gate address who's clue is in your journal, the quest would complete and then add a "speed dial" option to that destination on the dialing pedestal conversation.

It would certainly cut down on the travel down time if I didn't manually have to enter the address every time. Not to mention clean up my active quests section of my journal...
Enterprise2001
Enterprise2001
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 187
Main Character : Liam Hillbender, pure epic druid
Time Zone : Eastern USA (GMT -05:00)
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel Empty Re: Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:47 am

But then where's the risk of a sloppy dial and finding yourself in Limbo?

This is big bad transporter magic.... you'd think one would have to pay attention or risk getting zapped.

The 'correct sequence' in the journal would be nice though, at least for ones given as complete riddles.

BTW.... along with Ent's suggestion..... perhaps on the aenea webpage with the color chart, a birthstone chart? I know of at least 3 different birthstone sets, and I'm still not sure which one is used in Aenea.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:16 am

You mean odd mishaps like this one?

Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel Stuckp10
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:21 pm

lol, rusty, you managed the damndest oddities sometimes!

As an aside, I have used my "notes" section of my journal to type in the name and "numeric" address of each portal location so when I start the conversation, I can just bring up my journal, and then use my numbers keys to pop in the sequence quickly. Its pretty darn quick Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Simplify Gate Travel Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Enterprise2001 Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:13 pm

daveyeisley wrote:lol, rusty, you managed the damndest oddities sometimes!

As an aside, I have used my "notes" section of my journal to type in the name and "numeric" address of each portal location so when I start the conversation, I can just bring up my journal, and then use my numbers keys to pop in the sequence quickly. Its pretty darn quick Smile

Yeah, I am using the player notes section of the journal to list the sequence for some of the more complex gate addresses like Calithia and Macedone as well. I'm just saying, after we figure out the riddle, if there is one, I have found one so far that just flat out gives you the sequence, clicking or typing in that sequence gets pretty old after the 1000th-plus time... That's all...
Enterprise2001
Enterprise2001
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Enterprise2001 Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:24 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:But then where's the risk of a sloppy dial and finding yourself in Limbo?

This is big bad transporter magic.... you'd think one would have to pay attention or risk getting zapped.

The 'correct sequence' in the journal would be nice though, at least for ones given as complete riddles.

BTW.... along with Ent's suggestion..... perhaps on the aenea webpage with the color chart, a birthstone chart? I know of at least 3 different birthstone sets, and I'm still not sure which one is used in Aenea.

I'm not saying get rid of the manual dialing, that would still be there. And in fact, would have to remain if you are to attempt to reach a new gate that you hadn't dialed previously and were attempting to solve its riddle.

As for accidentally dialing the wrong address after you know it... I don't know about the rest of you, but I have yet to make that particular mistake, so.... And it's not like it's a big deal, right? You end up back in the SDI with 1 hp, right? Not like you can't just heal up and run to the Vale gate and try again... Well, unless you are trying to DIAL the Vale gate... Laughing But that's not exactly a hard riddle for that one...

As for the official Aenea birthstone and color wheel on the Aenea web site, I think that is there... Yep... found it.
Enterprise2001
Enterprise2001
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:37 pm

That lists stones, but not what months they're associated with. There's actually quite a number of birthstone sets, and the first time I did that puzzle, I got sent to limbo a LOT trying to figure it out because the birthstones I learned growing up aren't the ones used in Aenea, and I ended up having to look up various sites for information on birthstones to figure out which ones were being used here.

I know of one set where May is associated with sapphire, and August with diamond, while in another set, May is emerald, and yet another birthstone set has sapphire associated with August, not May. Not all birthstones are the same.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Enterprise2001 Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:39 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:That lists stones, but not what months they're associated with. There's actually quite a number of birthstone sets, and the first time I did that puzzle, I got sent to limbo a LOT trying to figure it out because the birthstones I learned growing up aren't the ones used in Aenea, and I ended up having to look up various sites for information on birthstones to figure out which ones were being used here.

I know of one set where May is associated with sapphire, and August with diamond, while in another set, May is emerald, and yet another birthstone set has sapphire associated with August, not May. Not all birthstones are the same.

Well, I looked up birthstones on wikipedia and only one possible list, Modern Birthstones, could work, and guess what? It worked. Smile Of all the lists there, the only possible one it could of been was the modern list, so, not exactly THAT hard to figure out. (March is either bloodstone, jasper, aquamarine, or jade, and since aquamarine is the only valid choice for a gate address, that means it HAS to be using the modern birthstone list. And on many of the other months, the lists mostly agree on which stone for which month anyway...) And as such, I solved the puzzle on the first try. Very Happy
Enterprise2001
Enterprise2001
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:44 am

That's great, but doesn't take any validity away from the suggestion of adding that to the hints page Smile I think many players would rather get the hints and clues off the website than go googling or having to check out wikipedia Smile
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down