Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Re-add the following items:

3 posters

Go down

Not Used: Re-add the following items: Empty Not Used: Re-add the following items:

Post by Anthroplayer Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:18 am

I think that we should probably add certain items back to various enemies.
For instance we could add fire beetle bellies back to the fire beetles.
This would be handy in many ways! Currently these enemies can't be sacrificed, but with this item in them it will be possible again.
Also we can sell these items, or even use them in the player enchant system somehow.

Spiders normally could drop poison based on the type of spider and while these items would be normally useless (unless you use a bladed weapon of some sort or have the use poison feat, or both!), it will allow these monsters to be sacrificed, and it will allow some players to make some income. I would suggest maybe weak and mild poison on spiders who are regular dire spiders and of similar strength, and normal on spiders that are stronger and rarer.

It would be nice to re-add other items to monsters too! I know we still have bones and feathers, and thank goodness for I'm saving as much as possible for everything Not Used: Re-add the following items: 787378 adds them into for the crafting systems. But some monsters could use certain items.

Adamantine could be added to golems and placed inside mines. Coldstones could be added to magical monsters that are related to ice. Ettercaps I havent found ingame, but you know... Fairy dust, gargoyle, skulls, the whole kit 'n kaboodle! I actually think this is all a good idea.

It makes all enemies we normally are not able to sacrifice sacrificable, and we can get 1-20 gold profits if we are that desperate for cash. Finally, the items are going to be added in the future to the enchant system someday soon, so it will make things easier to have 'em available now then waiting a long long time.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Re-add the following items: Empty Re: Not Used: Re-add the following items:

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:04 am

Gotta say I disagree (except maybe on the poison bit). There are lots of places to go looking for cheap, readily available loot, so I find I have have more of a tendency to seek out out places with no loot, if for no other reason than I don't have to stop after every group and clean up after myself Razz
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Re-add the following items: Empty Re: Not Used: Re-add the following items:

Post by ThorGar OakenShield Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:17 pm

I can see both sides. But I've always hated how every beetle drops a belly (this is for some OC quest) same with the g. skulls. There is a golem who drops and adamantine bar and 1 that drops a mithral bar, iron golems drop iron bars....
I agree about the mines... (see my suggestion on the tesh iron quest)
ThorGar OakenShield
ThorGar OakenShield
Adventurer
Adventurer

Number of posts : 37
Main Character : Talon OakenShield
NWN Username : ThorGar OakenShield
Time Zone : GMT -5:00
Registration date : 2009-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down