Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space...

5 posters

Go down

Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space... Empty Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space...

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:17 pm

Now, not too long ago, The Amethyst Dragon made most of those little PC items (bedroll, sacrificial flame, etc.) movable so they could be stored in bags and whatnot - I salute him for that! However, I recently suffered a minor calamity, and was subsequently thinking along different lines as a result...

Sta'stillen accidentally double-clicked on one of her Releveling Scales (missed the intended bag by millimeters) and had to go through the relevel process. A pain in the arse, indeed!
Any chance that the Scales, and perhaps some of the other items could be reworked to be vc chat functions only? For example, if you want to relevel, type "pc tool relevelscale" or somesuch like that...

Not only for the accidental reason, I also appreciate every little cube of inventory space I can muster (a holdover from Diablo's Hordradric Cube, I guess) and two sets of scales take up eight precious cubes of space which could be applied to two bags of holding, or something along those lines.

Sorry for rambling, it's just a thought train that I've been carrying around for a few days - figured I'd vomit it out before it went somewhere else...

Last edited by Eric of Atrophy on Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space... Empty Re: Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space...

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 pm

That'd be good. The only drawback I could see is if one levels, and makes a fubar in the process, there'd be no way to fix the mistake unless a DM can 'reset' your relevelling counter.

Not having them in the inventory would be good too for those of us who are 100% certain of our builds, and don't wanna risk the process of going to the relevel chamber because of an accidental misclick.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space... Empty Re: Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space...

Post by Svair Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Heh...I did the same with with a 40th level PC of mine. I had forgotten how I had gotten him to the point he was before, it was almost 1/2 month before I got around to re-spend the XP/level up.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Ok, we'll examine this from another angle - what if the vc command "pc tool relevelscale" creates a set of the scales in the PC's inventory? That way, you have access to them when you need them, but won't oops-ily set them off.

I know that this could create issues with some perfectionist releveling his PC every time he logs on, but honestly, unless that process really drains the server, I'm not too concerned about it. Have at it, I say...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:52 pm

I sacrificed one set of mine thinking it was a glitch, not realizing I received another set at 20th. I do not believe I will re-lvl until 40th or so, so this is not a big problem. But I did wish to indicate that what I did in error could happen to another by a slip of a mouse, lag jump, etc. Zap! No more eraser....

Scales that could appear on VC command would be good.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
. : Not Used: To clear up a bit more inventory space... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:29 pm

Could we put a place in the module that, for a rather hefty and exorbitant price, you could purchase a set of these mystical scales?
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down