Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with sh'issars 80k item

+3
evilkittenofdoom
Ra Cha Chongo
Kefrem
7 posters

Go down

Help with sh'issars 80k item Empty Help with sh'issars 80k item

Post by Kefrem Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:30 pm

I'm tryin to figure out what to give my monk/shadowdancer *Sh'issar* for her 80k item. Her Ac is already off the scale for a monk...ive pretty much got it capped out at 52 and she is rarely hit at all anymore. Her *outift* is dmg reduction already of the big three physicals (10/- resistance) shes got most of her slots filled so it would have to be a add on to an existing item or a hat(i hate hats...covers her lovely githzerai visage lol)

So you all help me out here...what should i add to her 3 leather straps she wears as clothing Razz
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Help with sh'issars 80k item Empty Re: Help with sh'issars 80k item

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:47 pm

52 AC is off the scale for a monk?
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Got a teleportation/Contingency item yet? That'd be my first pick personally. Add a few more spells that are useful. Since you a like your equipment and don't have much space left for new items, a non-equipped trinket would do best here I'm thinking.

My "perfect" 80k item for teleportation/other effects

Teleport 5/day
Contingency 1/day
Transference 5/day
Summon Ally 2/day
Magehound 2/day
Tempest's Stormshield(15) 2-5/day
Tempests Shielding Winds(5) unlimited/day
(One last spell that you like the effects of. Whatever that might be)

An important note here... MAKE SURE it is on a non-equippable item (Book, rod etc. Misc items/rod in the toolset. ) . This will drastically reduce the cost of the item, thus allowing for more effects, obviously.

I can't imagine many spells being able to hurt you, or many defensive spells being all that useful to you. If you wanted, you might trade the Tempest's spells out for offensive spells like Cleave Health, or Greater Missile Storm. Faerie Fire might not hurt for the removal of AC and Concealment either...

Greater Endurance/ Bull's Strength/Owls Insight, Energy Buffer or Premonition might be fairly useful to a monk/Shadodancer [I'm assuming your DEX is maxde or near maxed already. I know, assuming is dangerous], but with that kind of AC, it might not matter too much. One with the Land helps your stealth as well as Camoflauge (Both give Hide boosts, though not much it lasts a decent amount of time for each) Maybe add Water Breathing(5) if you find yourself underwater frequently. Shadow Shield is a nice spell with it's various effects if you like that as well. (Extra AC, 10/+? DR and Immunity to Death Magic/Necromancy Spells)

As far as a hat goes, can you use the "Headband" visual? That at least wouldn't cover your entire face. If not, I can understand it, but if you can it does allow for a new item to equip. Of course that brings it's own share of difficult decisions... decisions that I have yet to figure out the best combination for...
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:21 pm

I believe The Amethyst Dragon's said that the vfx headware isn't an option for voucher items, since they'd involve a good bit of scripting.

Shielding Winds is an ok spell, but improved invisibility might be a better choice (50% concealment vs all attacks, 1 turn/round). Owl's Wisdom is a nice choice for a monk buff, gives a very nice wisdom boost, decent duration. Shadowshield's also a very nice spell buff. the necromancy immunity will block spells like harm (dracolich's) wail of the banshee (several undead baddies like that one), +5 natural armor, letting you wear a wisdom amulet while still getting the natural armor bonus.

Casting BlackBlade of Disaster might be fitting for a plane-travelling Githzeri, although I don't know how many uses you'd get with a 80K voucher adding onto an item with properties on it already.

80k's also a good value for making a decent custom weapon with the non-crystal damage types... divine, positive, magical. Add in an extra feature like extra melee damage type, massive crits, or such.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:37 pm

I figured that as a high level monk/shadow dancer he already has self-concealment. I said Shielding winds because it's inexpensive and gives a 66% concealment to ranged attacks, which since monks can only block a single (correct me if I'm wrong here please) ranged attack per round, this is a good thing to complement that. Self concealment if I'm not mistaken, goes to a maximum of 50%, making this higher and take precendence, at laest in theory. Plus this is the version that is 1 turn/level not the Tempests Protective Gale, which is 1 round per level. With a caster level of 5, you use it right before a fight and rush in. Usually a fight ends in 5 turns for most, at least I would think so.

Improved Invisibility, while a great all around spell, is costly on that end, and though it is 7 turns a cast, getting that to a reasonable duration to have it constantly in effect is just a pain. Probably at least 3 casts a day minimum, making a high cost there.

The greater versions of the Stat boosts, while far more costly, provide a much higher boost than the regular ones, though the regular ones wouldn't hurt if you can't fit in the greater ones.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Honestly... I would be making some gloves with the custom-only damage types.... magical, divine, positive.... for a monk with an 80k voucher. Add crystals later, and watch things explode from a single punch Smile

If you are thinking to go more defensive.... then considering you already have 10/- for all three physical types, you may wish to consider an item with the Premonition spell a couple times per day.... as Damage Reduction STACKS with Damage Resistance.... so you would potentially have 40 points of physical damage taken off any attack that hits you as long as there is less than +5 enhancement on the weapon.

If you feel confident in your physical defenses already, then it may be time to address energy based defenses, or spell defenses. An item that can cast Energy Buffer a couple times per day is wonderful, as this spell is capable of soaking up even a Hellball. For spell defenses, you are looking at specific spell immunities, and these get VERY expensive.... with only 80k to work with you are not in the realm of spell school immunities yet... you can also do well with an item that grants Spell Mantle or Greater Spell Mantle multiple times per day.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Help with sh'issars 80k item Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:12 pm

I can recommend a 3 spell storage item used 5 times/ day. Also an unlimited clearing mechanism, as well as an archmage to fill it for you. Smile
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:00 pm

The one problem would be, you'd have to be able to drop the item, and voucher items are set to non-transferable (which also prevents a PC mage from enhancing weapons/armor/shields for you).
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:07 pm

How about going for a new Monks Belt style item ?... but a Container version ?.. ...

My only other suggestion is if your slots are filled, go for a rod .. rods can do wonderful things with the correct spells in them... and can be quickslotted for ease of use.. and with The Amethyst Dragon's rod-parts you can easily find something iconically to specifically match your PC, unique to anything else in Aenea... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:16 pm

A rod works. As does any other misc usable item. They all have the 8spell cast property limit so whichever you choose (There's no doubt thousands of different appearances you could use out of the various item types) it can definitely fit your view for the item.

And yes, my mage knows the wonders of using a custom-rod very VERY well. In fact his first item was one such item...
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level